3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

body kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 10:26 PM
This is a democracy

body kit

moderators i apologize before hand.

if some members might remember when i first joing the org, i posted about how i bought a body kit and hadnt got it. i had some threads closed due to the fact that i shouldnt have posted the private matter in a public forum and i understand that. but i just wanted to update all those, if any, that cared. i have court oct. 30 and the summons was sent to the person. he accepted so he is forced to come. i understand now if moderators want to lock this thread but i just wanted to update people. WISH ME LUCK ON OCTOBER 30TH!!!! (be careful people are mean and try to take advantage of a 17 yo!)
Old 10-11-2003, 11:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if you don't mind me asking, who tried selling you the kit?
Old 10-12-2003, 06:20 AM

Good luck man, I hope everything turns out in your favor!!
Old 10-12-2003, 11:46 AM
This is a democracy

i wont use his real name but his org name was nismo1989
Old 10-12-2003, 01:37 PM

From what i've read in the forums there are more than a few ripoff artist present. Just be wary of people who make the deal too sweet or are too eager to get your money. Remember everything on the internet is based on trust.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:21 PM

OMG! You too! His name is Jeff or Geoffrey right? And he's from Indiana with the Skyline spoiler on his max.

This was about a year and half ago but I got my WW front lip from him. He got me the best deal so I sent him a USPS money order. He told me it would take two weeks for him to get it to me. After two weeks I gave him a call and he said Fedex had miss delivery and was holding it at their shipping facility so he had to go and pick it up for me. Another week goes by, no lip, so I give him a call and he says that that he had it but but it cost more then estimated to ship it to me unless he ships it greyhound. By now I had enough of this bull****. I said either send it to me, I'm not paying anymore, or refund my money. So he replies with email that he will send it to me greyhound and asks for the closest greyhound station in my town. I sent him all the info. Another week goes by, no lip. I give him a call, no answr, left a message and more messages without one reply. Sent him numerous emails without reply. Called him from my friends cell, he picked up. Ask him what was going on, he told me that after checking the WW lip he found that it was damaged so he has to send it back and get me another one. . So, I asked why he didn't reply to my emails and phone call. Of course his computer had crashed and he said he didn't get any message on the phone. So I said I wanted a refund because the lip was just taking too long. He said just give him one more week to do the right thing and he promised to deliver it. So I gave him one more week. No Lip. Called him a few times and sent emails. No replies again. I was so ****ed by now.

I sent him one last email telling him that if I do not get my lip within the next week or my money back, my lawyer will be giving him a call, report him to the US Post Office for Fraud. I sent him my lawyers name and the money order #, I had kept the receipt. Next week came, one day I came home and thefront lip was in front of my garage. It wasn't in a box or anything, just wrapped in bubble tape.

It took me almost two months to get my lip and he saved my about $45 buck but it wasn't worth the hassle. I think if I did not threaten him, my money would have been gone. Anyways. Good Luck, hope you get something back.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:45 PM

dang... i knew it was him.

all I'm going to say is I trust him. He's just had to go through a lot of **** lately. I'm friends with him and I helped him put his tranny in is his car. It's usually pretty hard to get a hold of him through e-mail because he doesn't have a computer at a home, just at work. I'm really sorry everything had to come to this but he truly is a good guy. He's just had tough times. I don't know exactly what he's had to go through but I feel bad for him for whatever it was.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:36 PM
This is a democracy

the name is geoff sears of indianapolis indiana, he never enve n sent me my kit, and i paid him in march. he is going down!!!! hell yeah
Old 10-12-2003, 10:39 PM

again because of a bunch of crap he had to go through. it really sucks it had to come to this.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:49 PM

april, may, june, july, august and september.
Dude he must be going through some hell crap, still no reason. Offer a service/product to people if you arn't going to supply is just plain wrong and taking there money is rude as.

Bring back capital punishment I say
Old 10-12-2003, 11:09 PM

Jees, that sucks for you. Right now my sunroof shade is stuck in canada somewhere. It's actually the mail carriers fault since i have the tracking# and it just says that its still there. The seller has kept in good contact but it still doesnt eliminate any frustration.

Similar thing happened to my brother on ebay. he got enough people to complain to the police in the sellers area so the guy ended up having a week to get all the people their money back or else he was going to the slammer. It was 6 months before the police were involved though which is an insane amount of time to worry about 600 dollars.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:30 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Didn't Geoff get his car stolen earlier this year??? I kinda judged him to be a decent guy. I'm not making an opinion either way, just an observation.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

mtcookson he may be your friend and all but I dont think you should defend him for this or make excuses. I like Geoff and have talked to him in emails and such but this isnt cool.

I dont care what you have going on. That is a long time to keep someones money. There really is no excuse. If he took the guys money then that means he had the money to order the kit. You dont take that money and spend it on yourself even if your in bad financial circumstances because its not your money to spend.

I understand people having problems but there is no excuse here. IF YOU TAKE SOMEONES MONEY THEN YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO ORDER THE KIT...you dont spend it for yourself until the deal is done. I could see a problem if he said "I dont have the money to pre order the kit for you so you have to send me the money first" but he didnt...he had the money to order the kit.

I mean problems or not he had the money and he could have picked the phone up and made a 30 min. call (assuming holding time) to WW and had the kit.

Again I say...I like Geoff and he seems like a nice guy and all and am sorry he had problems but I will not defend him and think he should have done the right thing and got the guy his kit or given him his money back...now its going to wind up costing him much more because he could spend time in jail, pay court costs, pay intrest on the money the guy gave him...on and on.

Good luck to both of you guys...Irishmax to get his money back and Geoff to get his life straightened out.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:30 AM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

wow, hope you get your money back !
Old 10-13-2003, 09:52 AM
This is a democracy

i just want my money
Old 10-13-2003, 12:09 PM

i'm just defending him because i know he had to go through a lot of crap. not sure what exactly but if could have returned the money or sent the products out, i know he would. i'll leave it at that.

i know how you guys feel. you have every right to be mad about this and you should indeed get your money back, but i just don't want geoff to have a bad reputation, that's all.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by mtcookson
i'm just defending him because i know he had to go through a lot of crap. not sure what exactly but if could have returned the money or sent the products out, i know he would. i'll leave it at that.

i know how you guys feel. you have every right to be mad about this and you should indeed get your money back, but i just don't want geoff to have a bad reputation, that's all.

Did you not read my post...there IS NO EXCUSE. Either he got the money and spent it before ordering the parts (which is uncalled for) or he just blew the guy off...if he could have returned the money is not the question...he shouldnt have taken the money if he wasnt going to use the money to get the product.

again NO EXCUSE.

That is whats wrong with this generation (crap my age showing)...they make an excuse for everything. Some things are unexcusable...period.

I have been through dificult times myself...from divorce and being depressed because of it, to being broke because I spent too much on cars, to being laid off from a good paying job with my first child only 2 months from being born and having to pay several thousand to the doctors and hospital because insurance with my new job wouldnt cover it because I wasnt with the company long enough, to having 2 kids and a wife and only one income and being constantly broke.

I have never cheated anyone. I have had large sums of money sent to me for stuff and I could have easily taken the money and used it to make my "problems" better but I didnt...I did what was RIGHT and got the person their stuff...You do not let personel stuff interfer with business.

Do you understand what I am saying now...sorry but I am TIRED of excuses. I dont give them and am tired of hearing them.

I dont know what happened to Geoff because there is always 2 sides to every story and I honestly hope he gets it straightened out but this is uncalled for period...NO EXCUSES.

The only thing that could be close is if he was mugged at gunpoint and had the money stolen from him on his way to the bank. If thats the case he should at the VERY LEAST communicate with the guy that gave him the money.

This is all I am saying on the subject because its headed for lock city BUT I will say again. I hope Geoff takes care of himself and makes things right with this guy...THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO FIX HIS BAD REP THAT HE HAS ALREADY GOTTEN.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

He's got a bad a reputation. He ripped people off. Simple as that. This isn't the forum to cry or argue in.