3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

UK fogged corners

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 06:40 AM

UK fogged corners

What up guys, i'm currently studying in Florence, Italy and i'll be taking a trip to england soon. I was wondering if anyone has a contact of someone i can reach there at a dealership to buy some fogged corners for our maxima, also if it is worth my while i'll and if its easier i could possibly get a pair for someone who is interested. Let me know what you guys think, or any info you might have. thanks!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 07:05 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

You dont have to get them from over there. From what I understand you can get your dealer to get them...or just order them from there and ship them here because shipping from the UK isnt as bad as you thing on something as small as the corner lights. I think I paid like 17 for shipping on one set I got and they took only about a week to get.

Here is the problem though. New they are about 150 or so each corner from the dealer...are you going to pay 300 for corner lights? Someone had a contact in the UK that checked with their dealer to get that price.

I worked on something Sat. and will hopefully finish up today or tomorrow (havent got the correct color yet) on tinting corners that will be real close to the UKs and will not fade or have to be re tinted. If all goes well I will post it on here.

I will ask probably around 40 shipped back to you. I will need people to send me their corners though because I dont want to get into buying new corners, tinting them and then trying to sell them that way.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:17 AM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

man 300 for corners ? i paid 20 bucks on ebay for my clears a while ago and so far they havent fallen apart yet !
Old 10-13-2003, 10:46 AM

ah sounds good mike ill keep a lookout for your new "product"
Old 10-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Im izz sexay

Tell me when you will begin to tint clear corners
Old 10-13-2003, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by awsm66
You dont have to get them from over there. From what I understand you can get your dealer to get them...or just order them from there and ship them here because shipping from the UK isnt as bad as you thing on something as small as the corner lights. I think I paid like 17 for shipping on one set I got and they took only about a week to get.

Here is the problem though. New they are about 150 or so each corner from the dealer...are you going to pay 300 for corner lights? Someone had a contact in the UK that checked with their dealer to get that price.

I worked on something Sat. and will hopefully finish up today or tomorrow (havent got the correct color yet) on tinting corners that will be real close to the UKs and will not fade or have to be re tinted. If all goes well I will post it on here.

I will ask probably around 40 shipped back to you. I will need people to send me their corners though because I dont want to get into buying new corners, tinting them and then trying to sell them that way.
miss you being around
Old 10-15-2003, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by shavedmax
miss you being around
so it wouldnt be worth getting the UK corners while i'm there from a dealer? They would just as expensive?? Would it be possible to get a used pair for cheap while i'm in england?? i thought it would make it a lot cheaper but I really dont know much about it, i just know i like how the fogged corner lights look. what do you guys think??
Old 10-15-2003, 06:18 AM

so it wouldnt be worth getting the UK corners while i'm there from a dealer? They would just as expensive?? Would it be possible to get a used pair for cheap while i'm in england?? i thought it would make it a lot cheaper but I really dont know much about it, i just know i like how the fogged corner lights look. what do you guys think??
Old 10-15-2003, 06:28 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by Maximus90

sure you should try to get some used ones...you never know you might find some. The only problem is that 3rd gen maximas are extreemly rare over there. That is why its so hard to get these things. I would take you a set of clear corners with you and if you see a maxima try to trade with him. IMO I think the clear corners look better with stock headlights anyway...unless you modify the stock headlights like I did my 92...the pic is on here somewhere. The smoke corners look perfect with bmw headlights though.

I am sorry guys I didnt get to work on my corners yesterday but am hopefully going to today.

I will post pics and info as soon as I finish and am happy with them.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Here is a pic of my 92 with the stock headlights that I modified. I painted the corners of the headlights black (on the inside) similar to the AE max. It looks much better in person and blends the lights with the UK corners very well.

Old 10-15-2003, 07:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Maximus90

Like awsm said, it's still not cheap or easy to get the parts. You could go to a dealer but they're very expensive. I was in England for 6 weeks this summer and didn't see any 3rd gens on the road at all. These cars are very rare over there since most people drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars over there. Good luck finding any at a junkyard or used. Overseas shipping isn't the problem for getting these corners; it's the availability/price.

Best bet is tinting clear corners (or waiting to see what awsm66 has coming).
Old 10-15-2003, 07:43 AM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

fuel efficient ? man my max is the most fuel efficient car i have ever owned. well compared to my trans-am. hehe.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:41 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by gowirelessnj
fuel efficient ? man my max is the most fuel efficient car i have ever owned. well compared to my trans-am. hehe.

when you pay 10 times what we would normally pay for gas "petro" you'll be rocking that geo metro in no time.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:44 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

gas is VERY expensive over there
Old 10-15-2003, 11:13 AM

hahah!! yah, just think they fill up in liters not gallons!

(1 gallon = 3.8 liters!!!)

and their paying about the same (maby more) per liter as we do for gallons!!

so to have a V6 there is like driving a gas guzzler!!

almost all the cars are like 1.8 4 cylinder cars!
Old 10-15-2003, 11:41 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Chris91SE
gas is VERY expensive over there
I can personally vouch for that (after being stationed in Germany for 5 years - Jeez!!) My one saving grace was that at the time, I had a Toyota MR2 supercharged...<sigh - now THAT was a pocket rocket>