8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Fog Light Moisture Issues?

Old 10-01-2015, 04:59 AM

Fog Light Moisture Issues?

I have already had the dealer replace them once. I have installed new LED Fog Light Bulbs but I also used Silicone around all the seals. Its very annoying and takes hours to dry out. Every time it rains and even from the dew in the morning causes it and its both of them. Anyone else?
Old 10-01-2015, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by mpbclutch33
I have already had the dealer replace them once. I have installed new LED Fog Light Bulbs but I also used Silicone around all the seals. Its very annoying and takes hours to dry out. Every time it rains and even from the dew in the morning causes it and its both of them. Anyone else?
I haven't had any moisture issues, but it's probably because even though I have had my car 5 weeks now, it has never been driven in the rain. We are having a drought here in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area now, even though we had a record rainfall total for the spring. Go figure.

Were you having these moisture issues before you replaced the fog lights with LEDs? I am, of course, curious because I just ordered the same bulbs for my car that you placed in yours.

If you were having moisture issues before you replaced the bulbs and you are on your second set of fog lights and are still having moisture problems, that is very troubling.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:17 PM

Seems to me there were no moisture issues till the lights were disturbed when the bulbs were changed. What is the benefit to jacking around with the fog lights? The brighter LEDs for fog lights become a real eye irritation for on coming drivers. Your dealer is very gracious to repair these under warranty.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Seems to me there were no moisture issues till the lights were disturbed when the bulbs were changed. What is the benefit to jacking around with the fog lights? The brighter LEDs for fog lights become a real eye irritation for on coming drivers. Your dealer is very gracious to repair these under warranty.

Regardless of whether he was "jacking around" with the fog lights, the housings should not have a moisture issue just from changing the bulbs. The bulbs are made to be replaceable if they burn out, so what is the difference? I understand your statement about bright lights being an eye irritation, but when the halogen bulbs burn out in the future, they will have to be replaced. Whether they are replaced now or in the future is a moot point. That's why I asked if it was an issue BEFORE he changed the bulbs. It was my impression that it was, but he has not answered that question yet.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by doctorpullit
Regardless of whether he was "jacking around" with the fog lights, the housings should not have a moisture issue just from changing the bulbs. The bulbs are made to be replaceable if they burn out, so what is the difference? I understand your statement about bright lights being an eye irritation, but when the halogen bulbs burn out in the future, they will have to be replaced. Whether they are replaced now or in the future is a moot point. That's why I asked if it was an issue BEFORE he changed the bulbs. It was my impression that it was, but he has not answered that question yet.
Guess all forums have one or two of these guys ^^^^^. Contributes nothing. Why are u a member of a forum if modding ur car is frowned upon in ur eyes.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:53 AM

Guess all forums have one or two of these guys ^^^^^. Contributes nothing. Why are u a member of a forum if modding ur car is frowned upon in ur eyes.

Unfortunately this person seem to miss the point of my posting. This community is not just for modifications but for information on how the car performs ; as- is, any issues with things that are breaking, strange noises, etc. I can appreciate the hard work many of you are doing on things like the fog light changeouts though there is a risk when you start doing things that increase voltage draw and blow fuses. Seems optimistic to think your warranty will remain intact when there could be problems down the road. Nissan has done a great job on this car and it is attracting more than just "boy racers" to the purchasing demographics.

To the poster who says "contributes nothing". Check out all 20 + of his posts
Old 10-04-2015, 07:20 PM

I couldn't agree LESS with you!
Old 11-27-2015, 04:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I agree with u Max8, changing lights on maximas and other vehicles is very common...should not create moisture problems in general....not unless there is no fixable solution.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:11 AM

Look I have my maxima 3 weeks now and my fog light have the same problem. Spoke to the dealer and they told me that Nissan is aware of issues with fog and head lights getting water in them. My service agent showed me a maxima that was in the shop for 3 weeks because water got in to the headlights and shorted something out.