3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

intermittent running rough-check engine lite comes on

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 05:11 AM
WGB
Donating Maxima.org Member

intermittent running rough-check engine lite comes on

Haven't been lurking here lately cause the ole 94 Max GXE has been running perfect.Now it takes spells where it acts like it's missing out on one cylinder and the lite comes on.Doesn't matter if its hot or cold.

I had it looked at at a shop and it didn't act up for them(no codes found) so they run some Wynns stuff thru the intake.I don't think that helped at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2003, 07:25 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by WGB
Haven't been lurking here lately cause the ole 94 Max GXE has been running perfect.Now it takes spells where it acts like it's missing out on one cylinder and the lite comes on.Doesn't matter if its hot or cold.

I had it looked at at a shop and it didn't act up for them(no codes found) so they run some Wynns stuff thru the intake.I don't think that helped at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks
If your check engine lite came on then there has to be a stored code. They may just be lacking in the proper equipment to retrieve the code.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:43 AM
WGB

Originally Posted by internetautomar
If your check engine lite came on then there has to be a stored code. They may just be lacking in the proper equipment to retrieve the code.
Thanks,you hit the nail on the head there.I called the not-so-local Nissan dealer and was told the same thing.Now I've got to get the drivers side window fixed so I can drive it over there and have them check it out.

I pulled the door panel off and noticed the cable is off the upper guide,down between the glass and the guide.Tried to pull it back up and put it back in the groove,but no go.Do I need a new regulator? The motor works fine,and the cable looks ok.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:25 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by WGB
Thanks,you hit the nail on the head there.I called the not-so-local Nissan dealer and was told the same thing.Now I've got to get the drivers side window fixed so I can drive it over there and have them check it out.

I pulled the door panel off and noticed the cable is off the upper guide,down between the glass and the guide.Tried to pull it back up and put it back in the groove,but no go.Do I need a new regulator? The motor works fine,and the cable looks ok.
yup new reg $45 + shipping from me
Old 10-28-2003, 07:02 AM
WGB

Originally Posted by internetautomar
yup new reg $45 + shipping from me
Oh man,you're kidding! I just got off the phone from that dealer and ordered a new one-$84+UPS.They also told me my running problem is likely a bad injector-$450 installed.Do you sell injectors too? I can probably have that replaced locally,if we can figure out which one is bad.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2003, 03:33 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by WGB
Oh man,you're kidding! I just got off the phone from that dealer and ordered a new one-$84+UPS.They also told me my running problem is likely a bad injector-$450 installed.Do you sell injectors too? I can probably have that replaced locally,if we can figure out which one is bad.

Thanks!
I don't personally but you can get them from a-1injectors.com
Bob is a real good guy a little odd but a good guy
I "bought" my 3 from him when I bought my 3cyl max