3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

can somebody post a corrected info sheet for vehicle wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 03:17 PM

I'm working on the remote start and I read that some wires are mislabeled. Does anybody have a corrected wiring diagram? So far, I've gotten:

Ignition #2 is not white/green - but black/green
Acessory is not white/red - but blue

also, I can't find the brake light, which is listed as red/white above the brake pedal. I found a red/white wire in a harness, unplugged it, but the brake lights still went on, so I guess that's not it.

I also cannot find OEM arm/disarm.

thanks
Old 02-22-2001, 04:52 PM

People trying to install engine starts or any electrical component should at least have their hands on a test light or volt meter to double check wires before attaching anything to it. With a test lightm you won't have doubts of which wires to hook up
Old 02-22-2001, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by kingston
People trying to install engine starts or any electrical component should at least have their hands on a test light or volt meter to double check wires before attaching anything to it. With a test lightm you won't have doubts of which wires to hook up
How would I use a light or volt meter to assit me? I do not know how.
Old 02-22-2001, 08:11 PM

if i remember

redw orange stripe is the parking lights
gray with black stripe is the hood pin switch
u need to unplug the factory security harness thats the box next to the fuse box
the unlock and lock wires r light green with red and a light blue wire thats located in the big wiring harness in the kick panel
there is no second igntion there is 2 starter wires
before u install anything in ur car PLEASE USE A TEST PROBE OR A VOLT METER AND IF U DONT KNOW WHAT THSES TOOLS DO DONT BOTHER INSTALLING UR REMTOE STARTER......

bite the bullet and pay some one to do it or have some one show u how to do it

and dont use electrical tape for ur connections... soldier
them and use shrink tubing
Old 02-22-2001, 10:04 PM

Well here goes...i have no life, so i made this wire diagaram on how i hooked up my keyless entry... like the others said though, i really hope you dont try this without a meter or such, dont trust these wires that i have shown, because its a different model year and such, but this is how i did the hookup on my car. You should find some popele that know how to use the meter because like me, i watched my dad, and never would have figured this thing out on my own, and mine is simpler then yours!! Anyways, heres my little diagram... i placed my unit in the center console behind the radio, and stuck the antenna wire up inside the dash, and i get really good reception. (prob. round 70-80 ft) you have to take apart both sides of the car if you do it like me, take out the glove box and all, its a PITA. im finishing the job this weekend, gonna get the trunk, beep (which im connecting up to the horn output, so its instead of having the horn) and ill see what else i can dig up, maybe ill find the windows!!! hehe anyways, have fun, dont ruin your car!!! if it works you owe me a free set of white guages j/k

hope this makes sense.... if you have any questions, post em here or email me...
Old 02-23-2001, 05:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ngthing
I'm working on the remote start and I read that some wires are mislabeled. Does anybody have a corrected wiring diagram? So far, I've gotten:

Ignition #2 is not white/green - but black/green
Acessory is not white/red - but blue

also, I can't find the brake light, which is listed as red/white above the brake pedal. I found a red/white wire in a harness, unplugged it, but the brake lights still went on, so I guess that's not it.

I also cannot find OEM arm/disarm.

thanks
as for the ignition and accessory wires, many people think they are wrong because they change when they go through the ingition harness which is directly under the steering column

just be sure to check all wires though and just use the info sheets as a place to start