3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Question about some stuff I saw on CustomMaxima that I might want to ask for X-Mas

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 12:40 PM
Getting back to his roots

Question about some stuff I saw on CustomMaxima that I might want to ask for X-Mas

Since the search is down, I thought I'd just ask about some stuff I was contemplating buying for my Max. I saw the AE aluminum pedals for the 5th gens, and they look like they have a very similar shape as ours (at least for the 5-speeds). Has anyone ever attempted to install them on a 3rd gen? Or does anyone know of a manufacterer that makes a set comparable in quality to them? The $20 screw-on sets they sell at Autozone just don't do it for me.

Also, I want to add a short-throw-shift to my car, and have decided that since SMC doesn't seem to make one for us anymore, that I'd go with Pacesetter since the Stillen is prohibitively expensive. I go to Custom Maxima, and they seem to have their own brand of STS for the 3rd gens. I put it in my shopping cart however, and it says its a Pacesetter. Did they just re-box the Pacesetter with their own brand name, or actually design one themselves? Any help on these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Their STS is the pacesetter

Dont think the pedals will work but I could be wrong
Old 12-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

accel pedal wont work for AE pedals

not sure if you could somehow modify it to work or not, but it wont work without any mods
Old 12-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

davebond007 has some grippy pedals IIRC, not sure what they are or where he got em, but I need some too... He can tell you more if he sees the thread.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:35 PM

grippy?

just has some sparco pedals he's way to proud of

I had some brushed aluminum Nokya pedal covers on my old auto, I was thinking about cutting the brake cover in half and putting it on the clutch and brake for my white maxima but kind of like the stock stuff.

I think Davebond got them from one of his local ricer shops... except he will call it a tuner shop because they are sparco pedal covers and not APC

Oh and the 5th gen pedals, I was looking at those too, the clutch and brake are covers, while the gas is the full pedal assembly, if that helps at all.
Oh and there used to be a guy who made matching 350z dead pedals for the 5th gen guys, and I think he was going to make another set. I bet Southwest Autoworks can also help you out too, along with AP Signworks.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:29 PM

Just do everyone a favor and not buy anything from CM

I think the dead pedal wont work either? I remember somebody telling me that the 4th and 5th gens have a perfectly straight dead pedal, while ours has a slight bend to it. Maybe I'm just crazy............