3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I'm looking for a guesstamation....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Seperated at Birth?

I'm looking for a guesstamation....

Hypothetically speaking, how much could you get out of your max parting it? could one sell it whole for more than parts?
Old 12-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Way out West

I actually think you could get more for it parting it out, but the loss in time (labor), space and disposal fees for the remainder would probably make it better to just sell the thing outright.

I know the labor would be easy for YOU, but it would still take up some time.

I think internetautomart is probably the expert here, but I imagine you could get close to two thousand (maybe more if you sell high) for the parts if you don't cut any really good deals and the car is in good shape. A lot would depend on the condition. Stuff like your body panels, glass, interior, etc. can bring good money in good condition, but you probably have to just about give away things like a cracked dash. Same with engine or tranny. A recently rebuilt tranny will fetch more than a worn out stock one.

Just my opinion, others are welcome to disagree without any complaints from me!

Chris
Old 12-23-2003, 07:21 PM
mod or sell?

Do a little research on car-part.com and that'll give you a ballpark of wht the different parts are worth.
A low mileage VG will fetch $500 tops unless you can track it's entire history. Tranny same story but probably less saleable. Doors about $100 ea complete. Bucket seats $75 ea. Rear seats Pretty much worthless. Bumpers about $50 complete with reinforcements. instrument cluster if low miles $75 (high side IMHO)
This is all assuming GXE with out leather.
Of course there is always the space factor.
What you gonna do with the car if somebody buys the hood and doors?
Can't leave it on the street no more.
Just some food for thought.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:30 PM
STFU n00b!

I parted out my GXE a couple years ago and took home about $4k... and that was WITHOUT selling the dash, seats, engine, tranny, or OE wheels. just odds and ends around the car. window motors, couple window glass, dash pieces, trunklid, misc wire harnesses, etc..
I've still got a few of the parts laying around too. (ECU, TCU, couple windows left, and some other tiny parts that I thought would be good to pull off).

so yeah, you CAN make some money on it, but only if you're got the space to keep it, and a LOT of patience dealing with people that tell you 15 times "the check's in the mail" ..... that never shows up.