3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

powder coating anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

powder coating anyone?

Work was done by http://www.trgperformance.com/

his other powder coating work:
http://www.trgperformance.com/NewPics/PowderCoat/

powder and polishing work:
http://www.trgperformance.com/NewPics

AIM: G Smizzack
his powder work is flawless..i couldn't be happier. his prices are in my sig.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

damn those things look sweet! i'll definitely keep that guy in mind.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow! Those look absolutely beautiful. I'd assume that the prices for the VQ Intake runner and valve cover polishing would be pretty much the same for the VE. Can you look into this? (I'd ask you via IM, but I'm sure that others can benefit from this dialogue here).
Old 02-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

the polish it's the same price as VQ

to powder it's
valve cover = $50
intake manifold = $85
Old 02-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That looks flawless! Very nice!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

beautiful...just beautiful.

leather shift boots (in sig)

I need an ebrake boot to go with my shift boot

seriously though those are some nice prices on his work (polishing and PC)...if my cousin does a crappy job on the test pieces I give him I may just try and get this guy to do my stuff.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

beautiful...just beautiful.

leather shift boots (in sig)

I need an ebrake boot to go with my shift boot

seriously though those are some nice prices on his work (polishing and PC)...if my cousin does a crappy job on the test pieces I give him I may just try and get this guy to do my stuff.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

mike just did a test fit last night...get on IM if u can.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:19 PM

Damn, that does look nice, What's he charge for powder coating rims, say going from somthin like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2457607513

to being coated charcoal?

Also, is it possible to make our intake manifolds(VE) bling bling like chrome bling? Might sound like a dumb question, but it just looks like its a diff. type of metal.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by bobbydigital450
Damn, that does look nice, What's he charge for powder coating rims, say going from somthin like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2457607513

to being coated charcoal?

Also, is it possible to make our intake manifolds(VE) bling bling like chrome bling? Might sound like a dumb question, but it just looks like its a diff. type of metal.
he'll be doing rims in a few months.

guys why not contact the man himself for some price quote. mention you're from the org.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
the polish it's the same price as VQ

to powder it's
valve cover = $50
intake manifold = $85
most truck places do powder coating too.
and it is much less expensive if you can wait until they do "black" on the other order (or any other color).
Old 02-14-2004, 02:18 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by rrrfoma
most truck places do powder coating too.
and it is much less expensive if you can wait until they do "black" on the other order (or any other color).
ok so...
1. show me a truck place that will match his prices.
2. show me work from a truck's place.

otherwise you're just shooting BS in the wind.

cheap doesn't mean it's good. you'll learn that one day.

Tom also has excellent customer service...fast turn around...so he's NOT waiting for a batch of stuff to go in. also black is not the only color..he does other colors also.

next time you're trying to help the org (if you're even going to do that) on getting a good deal i'll find a cheaper place so you look like an ****.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:33 AM

Work was done by http://www.trgperformance.com/

his other powder coating work:
http://www.trgperformance.com/NewPics/PowderCoat/

powder and polishing work:
http://www.trgperformance.com/NewPics

AIM: G Smizzack
his powder work is flawless..i couldn't be happier. his prices are in my sig.
u bad, now can i see that monster???
Old 02-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

What's the color of your valve cover. Without a doubt his work does look good. But this is a first for me, pc muffler?

Old 02-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by CandiMan
What's the color of your valve cover. Without a doubt his work does look good. But this is a first for me, pc muffler?

it's black.

Juan: i don't know what you're talking about
Old 02-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Old Maxima Legend

SWEET ! im going to check this place out !
Old 02-14-2004, 01:11 PM

ok so...
1. show me a truck place that will match his prices.
2. show me work from a truck's place.

otherwise you're just shooting BS in the wind.

cheap doesn't mean it's good. you'll learn that one day.

Tom also has excellent customer service...fast turn around...so he's NOT waiting for a batch of stuff to go in. also black is not the only color..he does other colors also.

next time you're trying to help the org (if you're even going to do that) on getting a good deal i'll find a cheaper place so you look like an ****.
Well ... I know two places in Ottawa - on Top Star Road. But I guess it's the local matter mostly. Open Yellow Pages and find one in your town.

Talking of the prices. They would do it much cheaper if the other PC order is in (-makes sense?). But it might take some time (I had to wait 2 weeks). If you want your order done right away - pay retail price.
I I've done a couple of thing there - say, for a bumper job I paid only $CAD25 (cash).

I can't take any pictures right now because my truck is in the storage fo the winter. Sorry.

So ...
1. Not only overprices "racing" workshops do PC. (LOCAL) truck places do PC and do it very often (they serve truck companies and drivers).
2. Come to the place and ask 'em to show thier job (they always have something in)
3. if you can (WAIT) , you pay much (LESS) because your part will be powder coated as a part of other big order. Pay retail or pay less.
4. they take really (LARGE) parts.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:46 PM

it's black.

Juan: i don't know what you're talking about
ill show you mine if you show me yours.................
Old 02-15-2004, 04:52 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Hmmm... something to consider. Especially with the intake thing, since I already have a polished VC.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Well ... I know two places in Ottawa - on Top Star Road. But I guess it's the local matter mostly. Open Yellow Pages and find one in your town.

Talking of the prices. They would do it much cheaper if the other PC order is in (-makes sense?). But it might take some time (I had to wait 2 weeks). If you want your order done right away - pay retail price.
I I've done a couple of thing there - say, for a bumper job I paid only $CAD25 (cash).

I can't take any pictures right now because my truck is in the storage fo the winter. Sorry.

So ...
1. Not only overprices "racing" workshops do PC. (LOCAL) truck places do PC and do it very often (they serve truck companies and drivers).
2. Come to the place and ask 'em to show thier job (they always have something in)
3. if you can (WAIT) , you pay much (LESS) because your part will be powder coated as a part of other big order. Pay retail or pay less.
4. they take really (LARGE) parts.
so let's say i want a candy apple or a pearl PC does that mean i have to wait a yr for something?

show me the pics...and not like 50 ft away. give me some details in the pics. also number to your place you're referring to. do they do mailorder? maybe you can wait but most only have one set of valve covers. unless you have another car on the road it'll quite difficult to have a engine part PC with a wait time of 2 weeks+.

all i'm saying is Tom is reasonable and does a top notch job. you have to come out of the wood work and say that you can find it cheaper elsewhere. why not post that you found a place that does PC BEFORE i posted this? why do you have to chime in when i found a place?? next time you're selling something on line or even find a service i'll be an **** and post a place i found for less.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:53 PM

so let's say i want a candy apple or a pearl PC does that mean i have to wait a yr for something?

show me the pics...and not like 50 ft away. give me some details in the pics. also number to your place you're referring to. do they do mailorder? maybe you can wait but most only have one set of valve covers. unless you have another car on the road it'll quite difficult to have a engine part PC with a wait time of 2 weeks+.

all i'm saying is Tom is reasonable and does a top notch job. you have to come out of the wood work and say that you can find it cheaper elsewhere. why not post that you found a place that does PC BEFORE i posted this? why do you have to chime in when i found a place?? next time you're selling something on line or even find a service i'll be an **** and post a place i found for less.
Dan,

I don't understand what exactly you are trying to achieve here.

I know that most of members here, on maxima.org, are not aware of such places as truck workshops and what they can do for them LOCALY (no mail-in orders) and save some $$$.

I wouldn't ever use place you are advertising because I LIVE IN CANADA, and not just in Canada but in OTTAWA. And I would never place an order outside of my HOME CITY unless it is something I can't find locally.

Now ... I didn't advertise anything - YOU DID. Folks in NY area might be able to use services in your place. But what about the rest? Mail-in orders?????!!!! Pay for S&H???!!! Wait 2-3 weeks to get it back???!!!

I'm happy that you find this Tom person very entertaining and handy but I don't CARE. I just showed another way to have PC done for maxima.org members ... LOCALY DONE (not everybody on this MB lives in NY area!!!).

And please, stop this BS.

Alex

PS: I would send this message just on your e-mail address but you turned it off.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Dan,

I don't understand what exactly you are trying to achieve here.

I know that most of members here, on maxima.org, are not aware of such places as truck workshops and what they can do for them LOCALY (no mail-in orders) and save some $$$.

I wouldn't ever use place you are advertising because I LIVE IN CANADA, and not just in Canada but in OTTAWA. And I would never place an order outside of my HOME CITY unless it is something I can't find locally.

Now ... I didn't advertise anything - YOU DID. Folks in NY area might be able to use services in your place. But what about the rest? Mail-in orders?????!!!! Pay for S&H???!!! Wait 2-3 weeks to get it back???!!!

I'm happy that you find this Tom person very entertaining and handy but I don't CARE. I just showed another way to have PC done for maxima.org members ... LOCALY DONE (not everybody on this MB lives in NY area!!!).

And please, stop this BS.

Alex

PS: I would send this message just on your e-mail address but you turned it off.
ok let's get something straight here.

you can show another way on your own thread...not one that i created. it's called hijacking a thread. i'm showing you that you're doing exactly that...so that's my point. don't hijack someone's thread.

it's not just NY...if you actually clicked the link you can see he does service across the country. UPS ground is one week travel time. USPS priority is 3 days. 2-3 weeks? where are you getting this from? maybe in Canada they have slower shipping time.

you don't like to send things...doesn't mean the rest of the world feels the same way.

also where are those pics of your truck stop work?
don't email me...PM work great.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:27 PM

danny, danny, the tough streets of NY have worn both yours and my patience too thin. back to the subject at hand, when i do get to see this beast? i pwooooooomise i wont tell anyone(except really close friends) or take (alot) of pics. ill even bring my 93 so u can check it out.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Sorry guys, I got tired of scrolling the screen to the right in order to read each post so I tried to edit my post (delete the pic) but this 1440 minute rule bits. Maybe a moderator can delete my post all together to save you guys the hassle. I'll keep this "big pic post" in mind for the next time.

MIKE
Old 02-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by shavedmax
danny, danny, the tough streets of NY have worn both yours and my patience too thin. back to the subject at hand, when i do get to see this beast? i pwooooooomise i wont tell anyone(except really close friends) or take (alot) of pics. ill even bring my 93 so u can check it out.
LOL...man who have u been talking to?
you sound like you have this great expectation of my POS.
it's nothing special. pretty much a stock 3rd gen.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:26 PM

LOL...man who have u been talking to?
you sound like you have this great expectation of my POS.
it's nothing special. pretty much a stock 3rd gen.
im just so goddam interested cuz you wont post any pics. i went
to go get a cap rotor and air filters from the guy in manhattan and he
said you had showed up in like a camry. meanwhile i showed up in my malibu
funny, maxima lovers that dont drive maximas. anyways, next bbqmeet we have you gotta bet there!