3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

My Max was vandalized... ARGH!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

My Max was vandalized... ARGH!

So I get up for work this morning and find my rear driver window smashed in. From what I can tell, they only took my CD's. They tried to mess with my Premier detachable but they were not successful. Luckily they could not figure out how to open the trunk so all my valuables were still there. Now its time to tape it up and search for a new window...sigh....anyone know how much for a new/used one?
Old 03-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Ford Only.

I would guess and say $300. I know they are pretty expensive. Luckily all they took was CDs, you can always go online and download the music and put it on a CD.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by maxipad2k1
So I get up for work this morning and find my rear driver window smashed in. From what I can tell, they only took my CD's. They tried to mess with my Premier detachable but they were not successful. Luckily they could not figure out how to open the trunk so all my valuables were still there. Now its time to tape it up and search for a new window...sigh....anyone know how much for a new/used one?
That sucks man! People suck. That's just one of many losers in the world that don't have the money because they don't have a job and have to mess with someone elses. My dream someday is to catch someone in the act of messing with my Max. So help god, I'll KILL him! I'll be on the stand and the judge would be asking me: " Why did you beat his skull in with a " Louisville Slugger" ? And I'd be like: " He was messing with my Max man" ! Probably not enough to get me off, though a woman with PMS chops off her husband's ***** and serves it to him for dinner would get off because she was flowing heavy!
Anyway, enough of this! Sorry to hear of your misfortune, learn to sleep with one eye open!
Old 03-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

maxipad2k1, hmm. i seem to empathize with victims of vandalism. especially fellow members. what i have done is this: i leave nothing of interest in plain view. everything goes in the trunk when i park, or i don't bring anything with me. and i do it religiously, even when it is a PITA.

people will take, for some reason, clothes. i've had a couple of friends experience this. clothes, cds, dvds, shoes, too. strange. if you leave backpacks, tote bags, anything that is something to go through, that is an invite.

and my stereo doesn't work, but i leave the detachable face off of it anyway so it does not invite anyone. i also have gorilla wheel lock lugs. that is the most worry i have are my wheels, not the car or a break-in. but all are possible.

i am sorry, man. be glad they just busted your glass and not the interior. now go junk-yard hunting.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry about your car man. Someone broke into mine but only because my brother didnt lock my doors. Luckily, I didnt have anything in my car but some blank cds in cases and they stole those. My friend's Altima got broken into 4 days before Christmas and we went behind Shea Stadium to the junkyards and chop shops and got him a new window installed for 75 dollars. Try a junkyard and just buy the glass, clean it up, and install it yourself or have them install it for you.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:20 AM

try looking at http://www.olstons.com
it is one of the biggest import salvage yards in the country
Old 03-08-2004, 08:28 AM

That sucks man. I had my ride egged twice in a year. How crappy is that? Pretty lame that somebody smashed your window too.