3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

im about to say see ya.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 01:55 PM

im about to say see ya.....

well it happend my tranny dropped on my 90 maxima 5 speed. car is pretty sweet. but i am about over it it has a new engine . i was wondering if any one knows where i can get a good tranny cheap or if any one has a parts car and they want to giveme a reasonable offer on mine. BTW i have 2 maximas
1990 se 5 speed black real clean new engine and custom interior.
1989 se auto new tranny and engine all papers flawless black leather interior and dark tint it is for sale 2k it is dropped but i will raise it back to stock if some one wants.

i really wanna keep my 5 speed but i dunno if i get a fair offer its gone. if any one has a tranny for me let me know.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:50 PM

Bringing the '89 today to the meet? Be nice for there to be three 3rd gens there today.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima NutBag
Bringing the '89 today to the meet? Be nice for there to be three 3rd gens there today.
i stopped driving the 89 when i bought the 90 b/c the 89 needs an abs pump which is on the way i wanted to drive my 90 which is the one with mods and custom stuff i hope i make next months meet or the soonest one there is after tomarrows...im outof luck for now cant get the tranny for another 2 weeks and i had been in an accident with my truck so i have to be able to get that out of the shop. dang i wanted to go to that meet........ maybe my luck will be better next time.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:13 PM

aww.... hopefully soupnazi will show up to represent too.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:18 AM

I have a 5speed tranny for a VG. Its not in the greatest shape but I'm willing to sell it very cheap. The only real problem it has is that it wont go into 5th gear at times. Its like you have to slam it in there to get it to go in. No grinding or anything like that while shifting through the gears. Its still in my car, but if you are interested, just let me know. like I said, I'd be willing to sell for a very cheap price.

Cole
Old 03-27-2004, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by 89maxSE
I have a 5speed tranny for a VG. Its not in the greatest shape but I'm willing to sell it very cheap. The only real problem it has is that it wont go into 5th gear at times. Its like you have to slam it in there to get it to go in. No grinding or anything like that while shifting through the gears. Its still in my car, but if you are interested, just let me know. like I said, I'd be willing to sell for a very cheap price.

Cole

how cheap??? i would have to have it shipped to fla. so figure shipiing would be around 75.00- 100.00 i found one down here for 400.00 so depending on what you want for yours it may be more logical to get the one down here or not..... let em know wghat you want for it. thanks
Old 03-27-2004, 04:51 PM

I'm talking about $150. The only thing about it is the 5th gear thing I was telling you about. It needs a new shift linkage boot, leaks very small amount of fluid (probably bad output shaft seals b/c I didn't replace them when I put it in), and one of the tranny mount bolts broke out of the casing but I had it drilled and threaded deeper to make sure it held. You could always have someone weld it back up. Those are the only problems I've ever had w/ it. I'll even send you the tranny mounts w/ it. I dont think shipping would actually cost that much, but I can check and see for you if you are interested in it still. Let me know

Thanks,
Cole
Old 03-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Im izz sexay

If he doesn't want it I'll take the tranny. I got second dibs. I will also need every thing that was connected to your tranny since I am doing a conversion.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by turdlett
If he doesn't want it I'll take the tranny. I got second dibs. I will also need every thing that was connected to your tranny since I am doing a conversion.
Well if you are doin a conversion then you'll need a lot more than just the tranny. And of course I would have to add on to the price. Still interested?
Old 03-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Im izz sexay

Yep. I know someone who will do this for me and I'm not paying for it my dad is. I will also be interested in you SE trunk, tail lights and Guages including that little plastic piece. As of right now I'll do the tranny with shipping. How much will you guess shipping will be?
Old 03-27-2004, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by turdlett
Yep. I know someone who will do this for me and I'm not paying for it my dad is. I will also be interested in you SE trunk, tail lights and Guages including that little plastic piece. As of right now I'll do the tranny with shipping. How much will you guess shipping will be?
You want all the matching tail lights? I have those and would sell for $55+shipping. I dont have the gauges anymore sorry. And about the tranny, I'm gonna wait and see what 89badmaxse has to say since I offered it to him first.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:09 PM

89maxSE I need a REAR LEFT power window switch. How much incl. shipping?
Old 03-27-2004, 11:34 PM

Do you need just the switch or the whole panel??? If its just the swith, $10 shipped ? $15 shipped for the whole thing?

Cole
Old 03-28-2004, 05:27 AM
Im izz sexay

You want all the matching tail lights? I have those and would sell for $55+shipping. I dont have the gauges anymore sorry. And about the tranny, I'm gonna wait and see what Shibby has to say since I offered it to him first.
OK I can wait.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:42 AM

I'm talking about $150. The only thing about it is the 5th gear thing I was telling you about. It needs a new shift linkage boot, leaks very small amount of fluid (probably bad output shaft seals b/c I didn't replace them when I put it in), and one of the tranny mount bolts broke out of the casing but I had it drilled and threaded deeper to make sure it held. You could always have someone weld it back up. Those are the only problems I've ever had w/ it. I'll even send you the tranny mounts w/ it. I dont think shipping would actually cost that much, but I can check and see for you if you are interested in it still. Let me know

Thanks,
Cole
yes please check shipping for me to area code 33707 let me know or pm me i am highly interested at that price with shipping i can get away with being able to do it right now. let meknow about the shipping costs thanks a ton
Old 03-28-2004, 08:59 AM

Do you need just the switch or the whole panel??? If its just the swith, $10 shipped ? $15 shipped for the whole thing?

Cole
Just the switch taken off the panel. PM me your address and preferred method of payment.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 89badmaxse
yes please check shipping for me to area code 33707 let me know or pm me i am highly interested at that price with shipping i can get away with being able to do it right now. let meknow about the shipping costs thanks a ton

Honestly I dont know how I'm gonna be able to get a shipping price on it. Its still in the car and I'd have to get it all boxed up and everything b4 I can get a shipping price on it. Or does anyone else have any ideas???
Old 03-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Im izz sexay

The tranny weighs about 200lbs. (I know that's much more but just to be safe) go to ups.com and click shipping and go to calculate time and shipping.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:46 PM

I think 200lbs is a bit too much...i can pick up a tranny by myself and i'm not that damn buff I'm thinking around 100+lbs
Old 03-28-2004, 02:51 PM

I tried messing around w/ UPS and I couldn't get it to work. They said it is too big or something. I'll try to get to my local shipping place tomorrow and ask them about it. I'll let you know though
Old 03-28-2004, 06:44 PM

I tried messing around w/ UPS and I couldn't get it to work. They said it is too big or something. I'll try to get to my local shipping place tomorrow and ask them about it. I'll let you know though
k i apprieciate it
Old 03-29-2004, 04:18 AM

I'll let you know when I get shipping for it. You might have to be patient w/ me though

Cole
Old 03-29-2004, 07:40 AM

I'll let you know when I get shipping for it. You might have to be patient w/ me though

Cole

k no prob but the soonr you get it the sooner i will buy it i am pretty sure buyin your tranny is what i wanna do it would be more cost efficient to me. yeah about hte mount thing just leave those attached and when you unbolt it just leave them on that way i wont have to deal with the caseing like you said. but yeah let me know asap and ill get it from you thanks