3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Bad Luck with my Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 04:14 PM

Bad Luck with my Maxima

I lowered my car about two weeks ago and i have these 18" vault wheels that i wanna put on my max. For the last week or so i've been tryin to do so the first tire shop i went to stripped three wheel studs. I went to go get these replaced and to get an alignment. But they suggested not doing anything to my car because i need these parts to be replaced first before they even think about aligning it. So when they replace these parts then i might as well have the mechanic replace the wheels studs, it would just save me some $$$. Which i am running out of because im in alot of legal trouble, between paying for my lawyer and court fines im broke now. I had to sell my 300zx which helped me out a little, but im tight on cash right now. Does anyone know where i can find some parts for wholesale prices or close to it, just some cheap parts. I would really appreciate it I want my Maxima fixed and im dying to put these new wheels on. The parts i need are

* 2 drive axels

* 1 Rack & Pinion below, ( there is a leak somewhere, i believe it is a boot of somekind)

* Lower control arm Right Side

I also have an oil leak and a power steering leak but i'll deal with that later. Im so low on $$$ right now, i have to pay the government first, but i want to drive my Maxima too. Again thanx to anyone that can put me in the right direction, i appreciate it very much.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:15 PM
I'm needing a caw

Wow. Bone yard or the for sale section would be your best bet
Old 04-16-2004, 05:22 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

definitly, the junkyard if your lookin cheap - also internetautomar may have the parts you need (free plug) however as far as prices you will have to ask him.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Way out West

"...if you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed to you..." j/k

If you are that strapped for cash, I would try to find someone with maybe some wheels that aren't quite as nice and trade your wheels for theirs + cash, that way you can afford to fix the stuff you have wrong.

That stuff with labor is going to cost you quite a bit, mostly because of the labor (unless you do it yourself).

I think Matt93SE is in Texas and does labor cheaper than anywhere else (plus he knows what he's doing), but you'd have to ask him.

Internetautomart is likely going to have the best deals for stuff that's not out of the boneyard, but axles are heavy, so the shipping might negate the price cut.

If you can't find the stuff in the parts for sale forum, if I were you I would grab a phone book and start calling around to find the best prices on the stuff you need.

good luck,

chris
Old 04-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

As far as cheap goes, a junkyard is going to be the cheapest bet. Try the one up on 78 between Sachse and Wylie. Their prices are OK, and they will definitely have all the parts you need.