3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Fluid leaking in floor board, loss of pressure in clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 03:13 PM

Fluid leaking in floor board, loss of pressure in clutch?

I have been having trouble with my slave cylinder for about a month. Yesterday all of a sudden i lost all the pressure to my clutch. It has been leaking in the inside of the car, all over the floor. What could be the problem, i don't know. It just ****ed me off being stuck in traffic and the clutch just gave out. I had to run to the auto parts store and get some break fluid to refill it and get the pressure back up. Thanks for any replies.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm needing a caw

Get a new clutch master cylinder while you are at it(because that's what is leaking inside your car). It's easy to replace and you need to rebleed the clutch anyway.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yep clutch master cylinder will do it, it;s just like doing a brake master cylinder.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Get a new clutch master cylinder while you are at it(because that's what is leaking inside your car). It's easy to replace and you need to rebleed the clutch anyway.

Yeah that's it, thank you. The slave cylinder is fine it's the clutch master cylinder. It's easy to replace huh, well im goin to do the drive axles, and control arms this weekend. My friend is goin to help me, but he said he knows nothing about my maxima and he didn't want to mess with the clutch. But how easy is it, is there a write up somewhere. I know it's inside the car near the clutch pedal but im not sure where. well i'll try to talk my friend into it, he's really good mechanically and he has like every tool known to man, well just about. Well now i know what i need to get, thank you very much. Im tired of that **** leaking im goin to have to shampoo the carpet when im done, it's a mess.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm needing a caw

You don't even need a repair manual. Undo the fluid line. Undo the clip under the clutch pedal and two nuts on the mc. Oh make sure the fluid is drained. But that's it. Nothing hidden or special.

Originally Posted by 3rdgenmaxima
Yeah that's it, thank you. The slave cylinder is fine it's the clutch master cylinder. It's easy to replace huh, well im goin to do the drive axles, and control arms this weekend. My friend is goin to help me, but he said he knows nothing about my maxima and he didn't want to mess with the clutch. But how easy is it, is there a write up somewhere. I know it's inside the car near the clutch pedal but im not sure where. well i'll try to talk my friend into it, he's really good mechanically and he has like every tool known to man, well just about. Well now i know what i need to get, thank you very much. Im tired of that **** leaking im goin to have to shampoo the carpet when im done, it's a mess.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:53 AM
mod or sell?

Clutch master cylinder? I sell em.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
Clutch master cylinder? I sell em.

Quick question what is the coni-seal and the autospeciality, just different brands, which one would you prefer. I don't know and one more thing after i put this in i will need to bleed the clutch, um how do you do that, hopefully my friend will know how. Thank you very much for all of your help, man i love the org.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:15 PM
mod or sell?

Different brands, mainly.
Yes you'll need to bleed the clutch.
I think that there is a bleeder screw on the line.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
Different brands, mainly.
Yes you'll need to bleed the clutch.
I think that there is a bleeder screw on the line.

Ok cool, but is it like i get what i pay for or am i paying for the name for the more expensive one. I don't know i guess i'll get the more expensive one. I'm not sure yet.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:11 PM
mod or sell?

Haven't noticed any major differences between the 2.
I buy direct on both
AH, the joys of being local to major suppliers