3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Finally found some Seafoam!!WOW

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Finally found some Seafoam!!WOW

I went to every Napa auto parts store near and around my neighborhood and couldnt find Seafoam for anything. Then I decided to see if there were any Napa stores left in Queens and there was one about 8-10 miles from my house. I went out there and sure enough there it was !! The guy behind the counter was like that stuff is so friggin' good. He told me you can leave it in the car and it won't break down the oil viscosity. He uses it as a slight performance enhancer. I bought 2 bottles and gave one to a friend for his mini-van. I got a measuring cup and poured about 6oz. into the oil crankcase and ran the engine for about 10 mins. and then shut it off. I let the car sit for about 4 hours and then drove it. OMG!! The engine is picks up so easy now!! Almost like some of the hidden power has been unleashed. It's almost like my car had asthma this was it's asthma pump This Friday I'm going to pour about 8oz. into the brake booster line and see what happens and fill the tank up and pour about a half a can into it. If anyone hasn't bought it yet GET IT !!! You won't regret using it at all!! It really does help the car run better
Old 05-13-2004, 04:10 AM
1993 SE

Originally Posted by KRMaxima21
I went to every Napa auto parts store near and around my neighborhood and couldnt find Seafoam for anything. Then I decided to see if there were any Napa stores left in Queens and there was one about 8-10 miles from my house. I went out there and sure enough there it was !! The guy behind the counter was like that stuff is so friggin' good. He told me you can leave it in the car and it won't break down the oil viscosity. He uses it as a slight performance enhancer. I bought 2 bottles and gave one to a friend for his mini-van. I got a measuring cup and poured about 6oz. into the oil crankcase and ran the engine for about 10 mins. and then shut it off. I let the car sit for about 4 hours and then drove it. OMG!! The engine is picks up so easy now!! Almost like some of the hidden power has been unleashed. It's almost like my car had asthma this was it's asthma pump This Friday I'm going to pour about 8oz. into the brake booster line and see what happens and fill the tank up and pour about a half a can into it. If anyone hasn't bought it yet GET IT !!! You won't regret using it at all!! It really does help the car run better
You can put this stuff in all major engine orifices as well as the throttle body.??
Old 05-13-2004, 04:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Crank/Gastank/Intake