3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I miss the 3rd gen days!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 08:49 PM

I miss the 3rd gen days!

I just thought I'd scroll through these posts to see the buzz in the room. Looks like a lot is going on here...more turboed maxes coming through, A31 Cefiro Headlights finally make it into a 3rd gen, and other mods going on... Looking through old posts, I really miss both my 3rd gens. Although still in the max family, I have less to mod right now since the $$ goes to a new concept called car payment. Hopefully soon the new toy will have its new toys! But I miss all of the creative things i could do with the 3rd gens...

I got myself a very clean Black 2002 Maxima SE 6spd with HLSD in January and I absolutely love it, but there are a million 5th gens on the road and now I get lost in the mess being stock and all... The 3rd gens have a more noticeable presence on the road I believe and therefore will continue to be one of the best cars on the road!

Check out the links in my sig...I will always have them there. Here are a few shots of the new car...

[large ones...]
http://www.2and2.net/Priv/P5310007.JPG
http://www.2and2.net/Priv/Rear%20New2.jpg
http://www.2and2.net/Priv/P5130009.JPG

Hope you guys like. I definitely do. Feel free to use this thread to post your favorite shots of your 3rd gens! I'd love to see how these rides are coming along.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:59 PM

Hey Clark, Long time no talk
The VQ is looking sweet as heck, man!!! Nice catch! Do you still have the ve?

Here's my current pocket blackhole

Old 06-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

3rd gen > 5th gen
Old 06-10-2004, 08:18 AM

yeah jeff was wrong about them (A31 Cefiro)
Old 06-10-2004, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by icepick
yeah jeff was wrong about them (A31 Cefiro)
what's the deal with you always complaining about Jeff? he's said before that he locked your previous thread because they dont normally allow ebay auctions to be posted on here, not because he hates you or thinks you're a newbie idiot
also, they dont fit all that well, you need to use that grille and there are still gaps on both sides of the lights.

clark - nice pics as always, good to see you're still around
Old 06-10-2004, 08:46 AM

yea are you still keepin the 93, as i vaguely remember you saying that awhile ago. Be nice to have the 02 to drive everyday and make a project out of the VE

good to see your still hangin around, i still remember drivin your car at last years NJ meet that was fun. After feeling the difference of my near stock VE auto back then vs your near stock VE 5spd what a difference, mine was then swapped that summer

now its sitting in the driveway undergoing a motor and tranny rebuild, so it will be back up and running in brand new condition before the summer is out
Old 06-10-2004, 09:07 AM
I'm needing a caw

Remember he forgot which post it was and claims he can't find it because it's locked But he clearly remembers I'm wrong

Maybe I was. So what?

Even though the fact that the post is locked doesn't affect his ability to look for the post or the ability to point to the post.

Who's wrong about that?

I guess you can get any headlights to "fit" if you work at hard enough or accept some level of fitment

DaBox. The new car is looking good. Nice upgrade. The 3.5VQ is the one to upgrade to. Sorry to ***** the thread but somone keeps calling me out. heh

Originally Posted by «§»Craig B«§»
what's the deal with you always complaining about Jeff? he's said before that he locked your previous thread because they dont normally allow ebay auctions to be posted on here, not because he hates you or thinks you're a newbie idiot
also, they dont fit all that well, you need to use that grille and there are still gaps on both sides of the lights.

clark - nice pics as always, good to see you're still around
Old 06-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Clark

nice ride...check my sig to see where i've been headed
Old 06-10-2004, 03:39 PM

Hey Clark

Old 06-10-2004, 06:34 PM

6 gears rock
Old 06-10-2004, 07:01 PM

Sola! Nice ride bro! I love the color and the rims. Keep it clean!

I hate to say it, but I let the VE go... I had no where to keep it. My complex didnt allow me to keep it parked on the street here. And the insurance was making things tough. I will surely miss it though...

Jeff thanks, honestly...If I would have made a custom order for my new car, this would be the outcome. Low miles, Black, 6spd, 3.5, HLSD, tinted, moonroof, no bose and no leather. Once in a lifetime shot for the deal that I got on this one! Its definitely a keeper.

Chris, you never cease to amaze me. Good to see you still pimpin the max...You left me in the dust with that thing. Things went down hill for me since the VG. I also see you got a quicky toy too. Good luck with it. I love the color!

6 gears kick bootay.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by DaBoxSE
Chris, you never cease to amaze me. Good to see you still pimpin the max...You left me in the dust with that thing. Things went down hill for me since the VG. I also see you got a quicky toy too. Good luck with it. I love the color!

i went a little crazy with everything last year. I have no room for the max anymore though (kinda what you went through) so i've been considering parting with it. I did find a place to store it so i may do that for awhile until i can figure out what i'm doing. Who knows where the scooby will end up. Too much i can do to it

did you go to the last meet? i couldn't but hopefully i'll get to catch up w/ ya one of these times....
Old 06-10-2004, 07:50 PM

old one

new

Old 06-11-2004, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by MrGone
old one

new

aww sit! I see you are back in action! You still have any fun with dad's 5th gen?
Old 06-11-2004, 07:07 AM

aww sit! I see you are back in action! You still have any fun with dad's 5th gen?
From time to time yeah

I really like the steering/around the town feel of the car, I think its mainly the tires (bigger wheels/wider tires). It's fun but I dont like the clutch, compared to my Exedy and fidanza, it just feels unresponsive and feather light (like you have to pull it up. I like there to be some pressure on the pedal so then you can get some feel of the car. bah I dunno.

I really like the convience crap like the sunroof controls, headlight controls, keyless , door controls, gauges (love the gauges), seats, wheels, blah blah blah . I just wish there was an easier way to get that stuff on the 3rd gen.

oh and I'd kill for your pedals

the only thing I dont like, wtf is up with the lack of a keyhole on the passenger door??? lol
Old 06-11-2004, 10:11 AM

I just thought I'd scroll through these posts to see the buzz in the room. Looks like a lot is going on here...more turboed maxes coming through, A31 Cefiro Headlights finally make it into a 3rd gen, and other mods going on... Looking through old posts, I really miss both my 3rd gens. Although still in the max family, I have less to mod right now since the $$ goes to a new concept called car payment. Hopefully soon the new toy will have its new toys! But I miss all of the creative things i could do with the 3rd gens...

I got myself a very clean Black 2002 Maxima SE 6spd with HLSD in January and I absolutely love it, but there are a million 5th gens on the road and now I get lost in the mess being stock and all... The 3rd gens have a more noticeable presence on the road I believe and therefore will continue to be one of the best cars on the road!

Check out the links in my sig...I will always have them there. Here are a few shots of the new car...

Hope you guys like. I definitely do. Feel free to use this thread to post your favorite shots of your 3rd gens! I'd love to see how these rides are coming along.

Nice looking 5th gen. I would want one just like it if I was upgrading to a new max, the black ones look the best IMO.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Banned

Sup Clark!

How things been??

Keeping it real in 3rd gen town...

Peace!

Brian