3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

update about nismo1989

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Irishmax92
i called him every day for 2 months. i order the kit in march, called and put up with his excuses and bull****for another 5 months till august, and then filed the law suit. yes i called him, and left so many voice mails i filled up hims inbox i attempted to talk to him, but like i said, he hid and never returned my phone calls, never answered the phone and never talked to me. I TRIED. i gave him the chance, for 5 months i gave him a chance to talk to me and to figure out what was going on. he never once answered the phone or returned my calls.
I agree with you on this one. I order my WW front lip from him. He told me he would get it to me within 2 weeks. Two weeks turned into 3 months. Within those three months I would call him every other day to check on the status. At first he said that WW was delayed in shipping, then the lip was damaged during shipping and he had to get it fixed, then it was fixed but he can't find someone to ship the oversized box. I even try to help by suggesting that he could ship it greyhound and I could drive 50 miles to the station to pick it up. After that all my phone calls/emails went unanswered. Then instead of trying to call him from my cell I try it from a different phone. He picked up. I guess he had my # on caller ID and wasn't answering it. But I said that all I wanted was my money back, no questions asked. He apologized and said that someone in his family had recently passed away so he's been really busy. But he said he would send me my money back. Another months goes by without answering my phone calls and email or refund. I went down to the local police station and got a fraud form. Filed it out, scanned it and sent him one final notice. I said that if he does not send me my money or tyhe product that I'm filing criminal fraud charges with the police, fraud charges with the USPS since it was a USPS money order, and taking hime to court. I came home one day at the end of that week and my WW front lip was in front of my garaged. It must have been hand delivered or something since there was no address label anywhere. And he's from Indiana and I'm in Iowa so i guess it's possible. But I never heard from him again until I saw the posts about other people purchasing things from him shortly after me and did not get their stuff.

I think if I was ever to do this again I would go escrow just to be safe.

So i understand where you guys are coming from and why you are so mad.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:21 AM
This is a democracy

seamax, do u think it is still possible to file a fraud report even though it has been over a year? mtcookson, do u really believe that my money should go unpaid? seriously dude. this hurts me every freaking day cause this guy stole from me.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:36 AM

seamax, do u think it is still possible to file a fraud report even though it has been over a year? mtcookson, do u really believe that my money should go unpaid? seriously dude. this hurts me every freaking day cause this guy stole from me.

Like Jeff said. You can file all the claims you want now but if he doesn't have the money then you are not going to get anything back. The worst would be he gets put in jail for a few days and have a criminal record. I guess you have to think about whether it's really worth making him do time or pay since you already know he doesn't have the money.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Getting back to his roots

Originally Posted by SeaMAX

I think if I was ever to do this again I would go escrow just to be safe.

Since the Ebay explosion, escrow has become more affordable. I would definitely use it any expensive future purchases. If a seller doesn't want to use it, I'd be immediately suspicious since a legitimate site (www.escrow.com) benefits both parties (fraudulent money orders, items that are never received).
Old 06-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

mtcookson, do u really believe that my money should go unpaid?
no, not at all. i believe you should get your money back. the only problem i'm having is that you are slandering him. that is the only thing. i do believe you should get your money back though, that's a given.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:14 PM
This is a democracy

see this is the first time through the entire thread that youve said that, you kept saying, at least it seemed, that what he did was "ok" because he had some family trouble.since you know this man and seem to think he's a good guy, do u think he would be up to just paying me?
Old 06-20-2004, 10:43 PM

i'm sorry for the confusion. i never meant it to sound like you shouldn't get your money or that it was ok that you didn't. i was just saying that he had his reasons and did not do it intentionally meaning that he's not a scammer or anything.

he might be up to paying you, i see no reason why not.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:18 AM

i really think your money is GONE. accept it. cut your loss and go home. we get your point. littlepiggie is similar. many lost their butts on that one, too. and we will never see our money from that. i was even dumb enough to trust someone in new zealand and sent him $1800 for silvia parts. never got them.

now i grille a seller to death online before i buy, even if the seller gets sick of my questions and hesitations. i even preface the deal sometimes by saying outright that i am not interested in scammers. just bluntly i say this. and i wait to see how they deal with that. what the fkc do i care anymore? i can get their part from someone else for all they know. i don't "need" them. they need me. i ask for nearly every bit of information about them personally that i can get from them. but it took me getting burned to finally wake the f$ck up. i don't allow myself to be lead-on anymore. and that just takes hard-time and loss.

for example, i'd never hesitate ever to buy from matt. i'd never hesitate to buy from jeff or internetautomar. those guys are safe and are just straight-up. there is no bullsh!t. i have found, too, to not trust anyone selling parts or services who are in their teens or early twenties. typically, these guys are hard-up for cash and have looser morals, as they are often immature jacka$$es who have no idea what real life is about. unfortunately, too, this whole import-tuner community is full of snot-a$$ kids who are clueless about business and are trying to live away from their parents by crashing on friend's couches and using the money for pot or beer. and if i do buy from a kid, i will have them meet me face-to-face locally with the part in hand.

you wanna know where the money went for the littlepiggie CAI and the nismo89 deal? probably rolled in a joint or up their noses. or to some other shady friend that lent money to them and wanted to beat their a$$ for letting them drink their beer and lay about on their couch. hopefully, these words will incite someone to really fess up to what happened to the money. and if not, then just get the F*ck over it. the money is gone. deal with it like a man.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by mtcookson
i'm sorry for the confusion. i never meant it to sound like you shouldn't get your money or that it was ok that you didn't. i was just saying that he had his reasons and did not do it intentionally meaning that he's not a scammer or anything.

he might be up to paying you, i see no reason why not.
Not trying to fuel the fire here, but if he filed bankruptcy on it, I sincerely doubt he intends to pay it.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I doubt seriously that anyone here thinks you SHOULDN'T get your money back. What SHOULD happen and what WILL happen are 2 different things in this case, I'm afraid. If the guy filed bankruptcy, it's because he had a lot bigger debts than just your $500. I applaud your determination to get your money back, but IMO, you're at the end of the road. It sucks, but there it is..