3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Need fog/driving lights, what's your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 12:48 PM

I really want to put fog/driving lights on my GXE very soon. What is best to buy based upon your guys' experience? (I don't like the bright yellow/amber lights)Should I look for stock SE lights? Also, what is the difference between fog lights and driving lights? And how much should I expect to pay? I already have the stock SE switch in place, just need the lights.

One more question...
After I get them installed, I want them to light whenever I push the button, wheather by parking lights or headlights are on or not. But I also want them to turn off when the ignition is off, in case I forget to push the switch off. Sorry to sound so confusing.

Thanks for any help and advise,
Isaacm
Old 03-30-2001, 12:53 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Originally posted by Isaacm
I really want to put fog/driving lights on my GXE very soon. What is best to buy based upon your guys' experience? (I don't like the bright yellow/amber lights)Should I look for stock SE lights? Also, what is the difference between fog lights and driving lights? And how much should I expect to pay? I already have the stock SE switch in place, just need the lights.

One more question...
After I get them installed, I want them to light whenever I push the button, wheather by parking lights or headlights are on or not. But I also want them to turn off when the ignition is off, in case I forget to push the switch off. Sorry to sound so confusing.

Thanks for any help and advise,
Isaacm
well a "foglight" cats a pattern of light directly in fornt of the car and at a wide angle, "driving lights" will cast light more ahead of teh car so that you see whats coming more like headlights. as far as brands, piaa and catz are good but almost anythig that suites your taste if hooked up right will work, they will all come with there own switch so they will go on when you want them to regardless of your other lights, a suggestion might be to wire in the switch to a fuse in your fusebox that will only go on when the car is on, like windsheild wipers or something
Old 03-30-2001, 10:59 PM
Dan93se

In my opinion, I think the stock SE foglights look best on our cars. I think all the aftermarket lights look out of place on a max.

Old 03-31-2001, 01:21 AM

Originally posted by Dan93se
In my opinion, I think the stock SE foglights look best on our cars. I think all the aftermarket lights look out of place on a max.
I agree