3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

The great 3rd gen picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Pictures of my turd gen prepped for teh track

Old 06-11-2006, 11:35 AM

here is mine: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2171546
Old 07-08-2006, 07:00 AM

Pic of inside my nissan http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/phot...jlixuzpwftl0q8
Old 07-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

my 90 GXE i just bought. sittin at 270,000 miles!!!! i has 18s and will be lowered shortly
Old 08-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Banned

Old 08-13-2006, 06:25 PM

soulscrape's car

erebuni kit, tough to see in the pics, but its classy and sporty all at the same time, plus same color.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:27 PM

Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I can has?

Wow, some of you guys' cars are amazing, I wish I had the time and money to put into mine. But she'll be nice one day! As for now, clean and stock!

Click the link below for it's little website thing I made when I got bored...

My car
Old 08-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by therealgoon9
correction R33 skyline kit and the kit is made for the 4th gen so i see nothing wrong with modifying a bodykit and fitting it plus you have no idea what it will look like untill its done so why are you prejudging what has not been done yet?

It has been done. And the r-34 would look better if done right.

They make just about any kit for a honda...

We probubly would of went along if you said the kit, but when you said the Wing. No, not right.[/QUOTE]

Ok let me get this right you all talk bad about doing a customized bodykit but yet when you all went and looked at therealgoon9 and his front facial lift he is doing which isnt gonna look any more off then the front bumper im doing right here
you talk bad about it all and plus like i said you all know nothing till it has been completed ive seen a few of the max's done on here and to tell u the truth a few look like **** sorry to say it but the kits you all are using are not all that great of kits like you see therealgoon9 is even modifying his stillen front bumper which all of you all have paid an arm and a leg juz to buy that over priced bodykit from stillen when you all know that stillen doesnt even make any of there own stuff they sell. so how about once i get the kit on and done then ill take some pics and show you how it came out cuz trust me i will be molding the kit to the car since shavedmax said unless its molded on it wont look good at all plus im thinking of a totally different look then what most of you all are thinking my out come of the car will be far off from the typical maxima and how it is done. so for now lets juz drop it and leave it at that and once ive completed my kit and things and take some pics then we can talk about it once more fair enough?

this is the pic of the front bumper which hasnt got to be modified yet as the guy dat was modifying it for me ran out of time as he was working on his own air bagged suv chevy for a car show that was coming up.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by elusivemax93
Ok let me get this right you all talk bad about doing a customized bodykit but yet when you all went and looked at therealgoon9 and his front facial lift he is doing which isnt gonna look any more off then the front bumper im doing right here
you talk bad about it all and plus like i said you all know nothing till it has been completed ive seen a few of the max's done on here and to tell u the truth a few look like **** sorry to say it but the kits you all are using are not all that great of kits like you see therealgoon9 is even modifying his stillen front bumper which all of you all have paid an arm and a leg juz to buy that over priced bodykit from stillen when you all know that stillen doesnt even make any of there own stuff they sell. so how about once i get the kit on and done then ill take some pics and show you how it came out cuz trust me i will be molding the kit to the car since shavedmax said unless its molded on it wont look good at all plus im thinking of a totally different look then what most of you all are thinking my out come of the car will be far off from the typical maxima and how it is done. so for now lets juz drop it and leave it at that and once ive completed my kit and things and take some pics then we can talk about it once more fair enough?

this is the pic of the front bumper which hasnt got to be modified yet as the guy dat was modifying it for me ran out of time as he was working on his own air bagged suv chevy for a car show that was coming up.

umm OK its hard to read with your long run on sentences.

Here is the deal...a lot of people talk on here. Do the work and you will get a little respect...until then you are just another talker.

I didnt say I liked therealgoon's design on his front. I said it was interesting but the difference is that he is showing work he is doing on his car not just talking about it.

another thing is that he has a WW kit...I personally dont like it that much (tied with second favorite) because its kind of squared off instead of rounded and flowing with the natural lines of the 3rd gen.

The Stillen kit is the best looking factory kit for the 3rd gen IMO because it matches the body lines of the 3rd gen so well...not because its from Stillen. Thats my opinion and it will not change.

I didnt pay a fortune for either of my kits. I paid $400 shipped for both that I bought.

Again do what you like WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT WE THINK? I could care less what you think...you dont like the Stillen kit...fine by me. I love them on the 3rd gen.

Lets see some work and then you can build up some respect. Until then its just talk like all the other newbies.

dont take these posts as flames...I am one of the few that will actually talk good about ugly cars because I can appreciate the work that goes into them since I have done body work myself. I just need something to look at to appreciate...I cant appreciate talk. Heck you may make the best looking kit I have ever seen but until I see it all that is in my mind is a very ugly creation.

I am all for being different (but tasteful) as well and have done a few things (though not ratical) to make my cars different.
lastly the main thing (and I said it in my last post) that struck me about your sig and the reason I posted about it was the wing. Like I said all I ever see with the big wings are gaudy kits...or rice if you will.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Banned

alright excuse me. once i get my kit up here from where it is at. i will get it done and take pics as the kit is back in oklahoma city where i lived at before i moved up here and now i have to get my family to find a box big enough to fit the kit into and get it freighted up here as having the post office ship anything is a very stupid idea they break and damage everything and anything even if it is marked fragile and glass still gets broken
Old 08-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

alright excuse me. once i get my kit up here from where it is at. i will get it done and take pics as the kit is back in oklahoma city where i lived at before i moved up here and now i have to get my family to find a box big enough to fit the kit into and get it freighted up here as having the post office ship anything is a very stupid idea they break and damage everything and anything even if it is marked fragile and glass still gets broken

sounds good...cant wait to see the progress.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:18 AM

anything other than a stillen kit(maybe the erebuni kit if molded together, NOT to the car) looks horrible on a 3rd gen

^^^^that's what i said. i HATE molded kits. tim (therealgoon9)can tell you that because i tried very very hard to talk him out of doing it. the erebuni kit comes withthe front and rear i 3 pieces each, so that should be put together, molded into one piece to make it look better.

oh and i have that bumper for my 4th gen and it's sitting behind my shed because it looks way and the quality sucks too. kept the stock front with a stillen lip, much classier.
dont get me wrong, im with mike, your car, your style, do your thing. but i feel that there should be a progression to customizing. drop it,rims, kit, paint.
i see too many hondas with hubcaps and kits, big wings etc that look like *** where if you spent the money on rims first then the car would look good until you out a kit on, then itll look good until you paint it. i rolled in primer long enough without a kit or rims to know that it looks ghetto. big kit plus stock heigt and wheels(even 4th gen 5 stars), imo n:
Old 08-19-2006, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Michael
I am all for being different (but tasteful) as well and have done a few things (though not ratical) to make my cars different.
lastly the main thing .
just busting your chops mike ratical was a company that made comvertible tops for trucks in the 90's

you meant raDical . unless it's a Kustom thing.

REMEMBER TARGA TOPS? i used to want one so bad back then
Old 08-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by shavedmax
just busting your chops mike ratical was a company that made comvertible tops for trucks in the 90's

you meant raDical . unless it's a Kustom thing.

REMEMBER TARGA TOPS? i used to want one so bad back then

come on man I am just a backwoods hick how do you expect me to spell everything correctly . I refuse to use spell check

Yeah I had some friends that had targa top trucks and one that had a hard top convertable...probably by the same company. That was way back in the late 80s early 90s.

oh and I am not following your progression. I will have a lowered, kitted, freshly painted max with stock wheels for a while. I wanted to work on the important stuff first on this car (drivetrain, suspension, power adders) and paint will only cost me materials so I have to save up for a while to buy wheels. I could have bought wheels first instead of the AL flywheel, Exedy clutch, UDP, suspension bushings etc etc but I would rather have all that stuff and ride on stock wheels for a while than have to go back into the car after I have done all the other stuff. I just figured while I had the motor and trans out it was the best time to do all that other stuff. I guess my focus has changed because the first thing I did on my old 93 was get wheels.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Michael
come on man I am just a backwoods hick how do you expect me to spell everything correctly . I refuse to use spell check

Yeah I had some friends that had targa top trucks and one that had a hard top convertable...probably by the same company. That was way back in the late 80s early 90s.

oh and I am not following your progression. I will have a lowered, kitted, freshly painted max with stock wheels for a while. I wanted to work on the important stuff first on this car (drivetrain, suspension, power adders) and paint will only cost me materials so I have to save up for a while to buy wheels. I could have bought wheels first instead of the AL flywheel, Exedy clutch, UDP, suspension bushings etc etc but I would rather have all that stuff and ride on stock wheels for a while than have to go back into the car after I have done all the other stuff. I just figured while I had the motor and trans out it was the best time to do all that other stuff. I guess my focus has changed because the first thing I did on my old 93 was get wheels.
you and i are different because it wonmt cost us 2-3 k for paint, but joe blow with a civic that could spend 6-700 bucks on rims or a kit spends it on a kit and keeps his 13" hubbies. that makes no sense.

besides, you had to put a motor in that car, it wasnt like you said, "what should i tear appart first?" plus the stillen kit isnt from the fast and the furious online store, so it wont stick out like a sore thumb. (although im still not a fan of kits with stockers)
Old 08-19-2006, 11:11 PM

That kit your going to put on that car will look weird on the 3rd gen. Just how the bumper looks, it will not flow well with the shape of the 3rd gen.

If I was going to pick a kit to custom on a 3rd gen, I would go with the 1990-96 Q45 kits because the shape of those cars are similar to the shape of the 3rd gens.

take for example this AutoCouture bumper

see how the shape of the Q is similar to the 3rd gen.

Besides going custom, the stillen kit is pretty much the only kit that flows well with the body of the car IMO.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by pitchedup
That kit your going to put on that car will look weird on the 3rd gen. Just how the bumper looks, it will not flow well with the shape of the 3rd gen.

If I was going to pick a kit to custom on a 3rd gen, I would go with the 1990-96 Q45 kits because the shape of those cars are similar to the shape of the 3rd gens.

take for example this AutoCouture bumper

see how the shape of the Q is similar to the 3rd gen.

Besides going custom, the stillen kit is pretty much the only kit that flows well with the body of the car IMO.
the q is both wider and longer, plus the shape is much squarer, bumpers go to the wheels(instead of bolting tot he fender, 1/4 panel)

besides the fact that a q kit price is much higher
Old 08-20-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by shavedmax
the q is both wider and longer, plus the shape is much squarer, bumpers go to the wheels(instead of bolting tot he fender, 1/4 panel)
But the overall shape is similar like I said in the post. If you can custom fit wrx taillights to your car, you can custom fit that bumper on the max. It will just take work.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by pitchedup
But the overall shape is similar like I said in the post. If you can custom fit wrx taillights to your car, you can custom fit that bumper on the max. It will just take work.
If that bumper it urethane(probubly is), it will take a miracle.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:03 AM

ooh a pic thread... here's what the max used to look like in its prime, but has been neglected the past two years.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by Shugarhi
but has been neglected the past two years.
you should see mine then...we should compare what 2 years of neglect can look like

sigh...

Old 08-21-2006, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Chris91SE
you should see mine then...we should compare what 2 years of neglect can look like

sigh...

yea lol... hafta make a maxima graveyard thread
Old 08-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well Here Is My 92 gxe / se

Old 10-25-2006, 01:39 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Well i figure it's time for another bump...

Latest pics..

Wifey's max..
Old 10-25-2006, 02:31 PM
I miss my VE

Guess I might as well..
150k just the other day

Old 10-25-2006, 04:52 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
150? bla im pushin 214....

Old 10-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

This is exactly the route I was planning on going, white exterior, smoke corners, dark color rims with polish/machine lip and of course Stillen kit. Simple, clean and effective

Old 10-25-2006, 06:16 PM
I miss my VE

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
150? bla im pushin 214....
I would probably be there in 5 years if I still had my VG..
I miss my VG

Old 10-27-2006, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by CandiMan
This is exactly the route I was planning on going, white exterior, smoke corners, dark color rims with polish/machine lip and of course Stillen kit. Simple, clean and effective

Thanks man that was good inspiration to me but there is still so much to revile other than what you see. as of right now i've turbo'ed my max but got serious of problems. o well the holidays are comming mabe finished sometime next year.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:13 PM
kthxbye2u

latest pictures

going to repaint my bumper soon, lol ITS BAD
Old 11-14-2006, 09:28 AM

i was cleaning my computer an came across these pic's of preping sanding, primer and installation of stillen kit

Old 11-18-2006, 09:53 PM

Heres my Max.. It's pretty rough right now.

I need a hood/grill/front bumper/ and I want a spoiler...

Old 11-19-2006, 10:09 AM
kthxbye2u

i had more pics taken this weekend
on the DYNO!!!!

Old 11-19-2006, 10:10 AM
kthxbye2u

and engine bay stuff

Old 01-22-2007, 07:06 PM
The Computer Guy

Old 01-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

oh yea!? well here's mine!

Old 01-23-2007, 06:05 PM

Don't know why i haven't posted pics yet but here it is...

Old 01-23-2007, 06:07 PM

18" G35 rims coming soon!

Old 01-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My turn....

Quick Reply: The great 3rd gen picture thread