3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

misc things

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2000, 07:01 PM

After going to move after being parked (in auto tranny w/parking brake) I take off parking brake and then shift into drive and when I let off brake (foot) there is clunk and jerk...Done this a few times now. Is this normal? Also on a totally diff. note tinting what do the percents mean exactly the sun that can come through? Whats darker 20% or 35%...why are those two used so much...I just dropped mine to get done today and said I wanted it darkest legally aloud, I guess I'll find out what that was tomorrow.

PJ
Old 10-04-2000, 07:20 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by speednsound007
After going to move after being parked (in auto tranny w/parking brake) I take off parking brake and then shift into drive and when I let off brake (foot) there is clunk and jerk...Done this a few times now. Is this normal? Also on a totally diff. note tinting what do the percents mean exactly the sun that can come through? Whats darker 20% or 35%...why are those two used so much...I just dropped mine to get done today and said I wanted it darkest legally aloud, I guess I'll find out what that was tomorrow.

PJ

i dunno about the tranny but it doesn't sound good...

tinting...the percentage is the amount of light that passes through...ie...20% is darker b/c only 20% of the light will pass through the tint...thats what i have in my sig...
Old 10-04-2000, 08:07 PM

[I]

tinting...the percentage is the amount of light that passes through...ie...20% is darker b/c only 20% of the light will pass through the tint...thats what i have in my sig...
it must be different everywhere, because 35% tint here is the darkest legal limit allowed. here 35% means that it is 35% tinted out of the 100% possible.
Old 10-04-2000, 08:23 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

my tranny is doing that also, i think its going out.
Old 10-04-2000, 08:54 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by ngthing
[I]

it must be different everywhere, because 35% tint here is the darkest legal limit allowed. here 35% means that it is 35% tinted out of the 100% possible.

the laws do vary from state to state..you just have to look into it...
Old 10-05-2000, 09:20 AM

When you are talking about tint then the lower the pecentage you have then the darker it is. 20% tint is almost twice as dark as 35%. In my MD 35% is the darkest you can legally have it but most people get it darker anyway. To me 35% on the cars I've seen isn't even dark enough to pay for. It's not hard to get away with tinting your windows a little darker than the legal %. I've had mine tinted 20% and the police havent ever given me any problems. I guess just deal with the tint your getting but 20% is deffinitely darker.
Old 10-05-2000, 11:41 AM
MaxRX7

The tranny has nothing to do with it. It is the parking brake. My RX7 is a 5-speed and I notice it. What happens is that if you leave your car parked for 24 hours or more the parking brakes settle (takes a bit) on the rotors. This is more noticeable the longer it's engage and also if it rains as the moisture turns to rust. After driving the car a few miles the rust disintegrates.

Simple test, next time you park DO NOT engage the parking brake. You shouldn't hear a pop.

Old 10-05-2000, 12:55 PM
Maxima Princess

I agree, I don't think the tranny has anything to do with it....could it be engine mounts?? Mine does this too when I go from park to reverse to drive...and I just got my tranny replaced. I'm not to worried about it though...
Old 10-05-2000, 01:38 PM

RE:tinting

I think that there is a website that lists the different tint laws for each state.

Old 10-05-2000, 07:29 PM

tint

got it back today...Looks kinda weird there are some ripples/bubbles and my car is all messed up from the water or wtaveer he used running down the side. Suppose to be a pro. and I apid $165. He said it'll all go away within 3 days and after i gte it washed...he better be right or I am gettin refund! yea i got 35% all around (legal limit in MD for cars) it's nopt that dark, but definitley better than stock. With headlight covers already I dunno if I should tempt fate with the cops more because I think it's a $500 ticket. All of you where you cna get 20 or darker are lucky, and those who can't but do anyways are even more lucky! Anyone here gotten ticketed/told to gte ti removed for being too dark?

PJ
Old 10-05-2000, 08:03 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

the only place there should be bubbles is on the back window...all of the side windows should look like the tint is the window...

all the bubbles are is moisture...if it is the back window...just run the defroster...it will take some time...but they will go away....the runs are just whatever the guy used ....they go away as well....
Old 10-06-2000, 06:48 AM

RE: anybody been ticketed for tint

Around here cops are ****s with nothing better to do. The town is like 20k people with 6 different kinds of police. Its pretty much absurd...they sit around nail people for tint all the damn time. Its bad enough when cops set up speed traps, but come on ya know? They need to go fight crime and ****...i don't really think window tint is something to pull somebody over for. Oh well....the trials and tribulations of living in po-dunk/redneck land KY.

Old 10-06-2000, 07:34 AM

I live in southern MD and I only know of one person who has had to remove his tent. The cop pulled him over and made him rip the tent off of all of his windows with a razorblade. The kid somehow is always getting in trouble with the cops so I think they were just trying to find anything to ticket him for. I see tons of people who drive around here all the time with tint darker than 20% and they dont get bothered at all. If you ever get it darker just make sure that if you get pulled over for speeding or something, than just roll down your two front windows. Then they cant even tell whether they are tinted or not. I'm pretty sure the back windows can be as dark as you want.

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed.

Old 10-06-2000, 08:07 AM

RE: tint laws

Here ya go, check this site out http://www.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/