3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

help...I'm getting desperate

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2001, 09:04 PM

Well the lack of money to purchase true mods is killing me so I went to PepBoys today to see if I could find anything generic and cheap to make me feel better. I had every intention of buying this $9 aluminum muffler tip, but fortunately/unfortunately it wouldn't fit. I didn't have the cash to buy one of those outrageous $25 tips so I ended up getting nothing. Someone please send me money or my Max might turn into a poor man's civic!
Old 04-21-2001, 10:16 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

hey, i have a money tree in my front yard.......
Old 04-22-2001, 01:10 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I know its hard...

cause it damn sure was for me....but rather than throwing away the money on a pointless exhaust tip, SAVE IT UP and put it all together and get an entire muffler with a nice tip when you have enough!

Originally posted by Cincy94Max
Well the lack of money to purchase true mods is killing me so I went to PepBoys today to see if I could find anything generic and cheap to make me feel better. I had every intention of buying this $9 aluminum muffler tip, but fortunately/unfortunately it wouldn't fit. I didn't have the cash to buy one of those outrageous $25 tips so I ended up getting nothing. Someone please send me money or my Max might turn into a poor man's civic!
Old 04-22-2001, 06:33 AM

not to sound like a smart alec, but this is where saving comes into play. Find something that you want and put the money away a little at a time. Don't do anything foolish like finance your mods with credit.

Fro

Old 04-22-2001, 07:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by FroMan
not to sound like a smart alec, but this is where saving comes into play. Find something that you want and put the money away a little at a time. Don't do anything foolish like finance your mods with credit.

Fro

Listen to the man! I have several mods on credit... ($$$$)
Old 04-22-2001, 08:23 AM

Yeah I will definately stay away from credit. Hopefully in college I will be able to finance some stuff. We'll see.
Old 04-22-2001, 08:25 AM
OG and counting...

I have to admit that this is the first car where I have EVER thought of making a "mod fund." Truth be told, I used a good chunk of my tax return on the mods that I have installed on my Max.

After I installed the Eclipse and did some maintenance (which came out to almost $500 ), that really got me thinking about putting together a savings for mods and maintenance on the Max.

In fact, I am trying to squirrel away the $$ so I can get the tires, the FSTB, the CD Changer, the repairs to my front bumper, and my foglights installed along with plan a trip to Orlando for a family reunion.

BTW, the store that has the rest of my sounds is allowing me to lay it away as long as necessary. Also, the store that is installing the CD changer is doing the same.
Old 04-22-2001, 09:16 AM

The question you have to ask yourself is "Is it worth it?" Mods realy do not add much value to a car. In many cases it detracts from the value.

Once you've answered the question above make a list of all the stuff you would like to buy in the future. (if that is why you decide on) From there find out what it is going to cost you.. then start saving..

Fro

Yeah I will definately stay away from credit. Hopefully in college I will be able to finance some stuff. We'll see.
Old 04-22-2001, 09:57 PM

Well I satisfied my craving to do something to the max by doing both of the corner rewires. Gotta love the DIY mods. By the way, what the heck does DIY stand for. Do It Yourself?