3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

pcv valve?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 10:12 PM

Hello everybody!
I have 92 SE and trying to put the new pcv valve but I can't locate the damn thing. If somebody did this job before, please tell me where this thing is.
Thanks!
Old 04-28-2001, 11:31 AM

here ya go

The PCV valve is located on the upper intake manifold. The uim is the large silver piece that says NISSAN 3000. Well if you stand in front of your car the pcv is located on rear right side of the uim. The pcv is pointing towards the rear of the car. There is a hose that is attached to it w/a clamp. Remove clamp and hose, then just unscrew the valve and replace. Simple huh??

Laters
Old 04-28-2001, 11:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: here ya go

Originally posted by AKAICEBERG
The PCV valve is located on the upper intake manifold. The uim is the large silver piece that says NISSAN 3000. Well if you stand in front of your car the pcv is located on rear right side of the uim. The pcv is pointing towards the rear of the car. There is a hose that is attached to it w/a clamp. Remove clamp and hose, then just unscrew the valve and replace. Simple huh??

Laters
that is for the VG, he has a 92 SE so it's the VE engine

here's a pic that might help a little; it shows where all teh ECCS stuff is in the VE but it's a little hard to tell where the arrow for PCV is pointing, but maybe it'll give you some place to start
http://www.geocities.com/bracecraig/maxima/veeccs.gif
hit refresh and see if you can get it to work; otherwise, try deleting the veeccs.gif part and then finding it in that directory
Old 04-28-2001, 03:44 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: here ya go

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

that is for the VG, he has a 92 SE so it's the VE engine

here's a pic that might help a little; it shows where all teh ECCS stuff is in the VE but it's a little hard to tell where the arrow for PCV is pointing, but maybe it'll give you some place to start
http://www.geocities.com/bracecraig/maxima/veeccs.gif
hit refresh and see if you can get it to work; otherwise, try deleting the veeccs.gif part and then finding it in that directory

Yo Craig, thanks for that pic!! now I can KNOW where stuff is located on this SOB without having to guess it from looking at VG and VQ Chiltons pics

Another thing, I went to your homepage looking for info on the VTC rewire, but the pics don't seem to be working at all... is it the server or something, I can't see 1 pic..
Old 04-28-2001, 05:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: here ya go

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

Yo Craig, thanks for that pic!! now I can KNOW where stuff is located on this SOB without having to guess it from looking at VG and VQ Chiltons pics

Another thing, I went to your homepage looking for info on the VTC rewire, but the pics don't seem to be working at all... is it the server or something, I can't see 1 pic..
geocities is making it not work; you can check out teh pics at http://www.geocities.com/bracecraig/maxima/vtc they aren't in any particular order though
Old 04-28-2001, 06:02 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: Re: Re: here ya go

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

geocities is making it not work; you can check out teh pics at http://www.geocities.com/bracecraig/maxima/vtc they aren't in any particular order though
oh ok, i figured so... thanks.
Old 04-29-2001, 02:36 PM

Re: here ya go

Originally posted by AKAICEBERG
Does the other end of the hose that the PCV valve connects to connect to the red part of the engine (sorry for the untechnical terminology) at the top left part of the engine?