3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 01:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

alright, here's my problem. my right headlight used to go on and off randomly, but i was always able to fix it by opening the hood and twisting a couple of the wires until it turned on. however, it would tend to go out while i was driving and it was really really frustrating. so i took my car to a garage and the guy sprayed some sort of wire smoother on the stuff and it fixed the problem, but only for about 2 weeks. now my right headlight does not work at all, and i know it isnt the bulb. and my left headlight now does what the right one used to, going on and off randomly. anyone have any idea what the problem would be, and what i could do to fix it? i'm assuming i'll probably have to get a new headlight assembly from a junkyard or something and have it installed. any help would be appreciated. post or email to MrSmOoTh15@aol.com....thanks a lot.

-nick
Old 05-01-2001, 01:24 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Well...

when my headlight switch assembly went bad last year the same thing was happening to my lights, I got the switch assembly replaced and no more probs. have a good auto electronic shop take a look at it, but I'm leaning thowards that being the prob. for me the total diagnosis, part and replacement was $130.

Originally posted by NickMax
alright, here's my problem. my right headlight used to go on and off randomly, but i was always able to fix it by opening the hood and twisting a couple of the wires until it turned on. however, it would tend to go out while i was driving and it was really really frustrating. so i took my car to a garage and the guy sprayed some sort of wire smoother on the stuff and it fixed the problem, but only for about 2 weeks. now my right headlight does not work at all, and i know it isnt the bulb. and my left headlight now does what the right one used to, going on and off randomly. anyone have any idea what the problem would be, and what i could do to fix it? i'm assuming i'll probably have to get a new headlight assembly from a junkyard or something and have it installed. any help would be appreciated. post or email to MrSmOoTh15@aol.com....thanks a lot.

-nick