3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

rice burner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:36 PM

rice burner?

does anyone know where the term rice burner came from? and what does it mean exactly?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:40 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

The word "rice", when used in that context, is referring to anything Japanese or of Japanese origin, IIRC.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:20 PM

I believe it was first brought up by owners of old muscle cars... a really funny joke, which no of use toward a Max... we're in our own class

They also used to joke that the Japanese would also use rice for fuel... hence the full term ricer burner.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

To me, rice is those fart can exhausts (muffler only), a bunch of stickers, and those silly civics and cavaliers with the body kits and airplane wings. The attitudes of a ricer is that their car is fast when it really isn't. Also, ricers don't know $hit about their cars and act like they do. It makes me very angry to see a honda civic with a huge chromed muffler riding on the sotck steel rims. I am jumping all over the place, I really really hate civics and cavliers. The pizza delivery boys next door to where i work all have them and they are fun to laugh at but friggen annoying! You know a 4 cylinder economy car is slow! Now there is the civic that is hooked up nicely with turbo and all but still its a civic, I am mad now...Those rice boys are .

It is possible to be ricey with a max, I've seen them and boy do they take a beautiful car and make it look like crap. Avoid the huge aluminum wings and the stickers. You're max is fast enough to be in its own class like kcidmil said.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Vadim-93GXE

I especially like the part when they pull up to you on a light, with their hat so low down their head they can't see anything and so far back in their seat they are having trouble reaching the wheel with one hand, and give you that "cool" look as if they really believe your there to race with them. Then they start revving that super Honduh engine which is loud for nothing, and interestingly they rarely race. I guess they think they are too fast for my 4DSC

Oh, and my favorite part is.. My friend has this loaner 05' Civic coupe that he got from the dealership while his M3 is getting serviced, and whenever these "ricers" in their outdated little hatchbacks see him in the civic they all look amazed and astonished as if he was driving the ultimate super car. Ferrari status right there

Originally Posted by garbury
To me, rice is those fart can exhausts (muffler only), a bunch of stickers, and those silly civics and cavaliers with the body kits and airplane wings. The attitudes of a ricer is that their car is fast when it really isn't. Also, ricers don't know $hit about their cars and act like they do. It makes me very angry to see a honda civic with a huge chromed muffler riding on the sotck steel rims. I am jumping all over the place, I really really hate civics and cavliers. The pizza delivery boys next door to where i work all have them and they are fun to laugh at but friggen annoying! You know a 4 cylinder economy car is slow! Now there is the civic that is hooked up nicely with turbo and all but still its a civic, I am mad now...Those rice boys are .

It is possible to be ricey with a max, I've seen them and boy do they take a beautiful car and make it look like crap. Avoid the huge aluminum wings and the stickers. You're max is fast enough to be in its own class like kcidmil said.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:52 AM

I think the worst ricer I've ever seen was a Lime green 99 Dodge Neon... with (GET THIS) a tin can welded on for a tip... this thing stuck so far back you could trip over it walking by... plus the sound... OMG, I thought a swarm of bees was after me.

Also not to mention a Ford Contour running around with ground effects and those stupid walmart spinners...
Old 03-09-2005, 06:27 AM

imma make a homemade wing thats 3 feet high so i can be cool. Got Rice??