3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Security System

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 12:12 AM

Security System

Hey
I am new here , i owned a Maxima last year , sold it for a GM , then another GM and i'll maybe be back to Nissan this week . I found a 1994 GXE Nissan Maxima with 192317 km on it at the dealer . 1800 CDN with tax , i need a new hood ( the one on the car is rusted out and opened in 2 on the highway ) rear and front brake . Thats it . Everything works , there is 3 or 4 little rust spots at some places on the body , and some broken bulbs .

The only thing i can't figure out by myself is the alarm system . When i stop the car , the securty light is blinking . Removed the key , tried to lock the doors with the electronic door lock , they did but unlocked as soon as i released the button . Same **** happen when lockin manually . I got the close the door and lock the door with the key . I know how the alarm system is workin , mines was workin on my 1991 GXE ... Just dunno what happened to this one ...

I know i need the factory code to get the key less entry re-programmed , and i know that the battery has been leave dead for a while , they just changed it for a brand new one . Maybe he need some reprogram also ?
Well i dunno . Tell me what you think about the car and my prob , if you can .

Thank a lot !
Old 03-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yeah our gxes are "tricky" to lock, lol. The door locks pop back up if you have the key in the ignition usually. You may have other problems that someone else can help you with. When you lock it manually, the locks pop back up when you shut the door, or at least that was normal on mine. I just pressed the zero button to lock it and activate the security.

The keyless entry is a quick reprogram by yourself. It's hidden in the stickies but go here. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/454290/7 People will say to remove the glove box but that is too much work, just push the pass seat as far back as it will go and crawl up underneath there.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:56 AM

Cool ! Thanks for the quick reply .

My '91 needed the door handle to be keep up to lock too . I tried to press the 0 button to lock , but a biiipbipbipbiiiipbipbip ( and so on ) sound was heared .

Well i ll tell at the dealer about it . So what do you guys think about the deal ? The car got brand new winter tires and battery
Old 03-09-2005, 06:42 AM
mod or sell?

pull up the back seat and look for rust before buying that car
Old 03-09-2005, 07:32 AM

also if its at a dealer and they dont fix broken bulbs before selling a car, im sure they havent looked at it or even care about it....talk them down in price or have them fix that crap before you buy it for gods sake.