3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Internet wheels part two with pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Internet wheels part two with pics

Ordered these last week from Discount Tire Direct. They said they should all be to my place by Wednesday and in a round about way it happened. The first two showed up on Monday shipped from Houston. Looked great but the packing slip said the lugnuts shipped too-no gorilla nuts! I called and they said woops and would second day air them--ok cool. Tuesday the other two rims and tires show up shipped from Phoenix and they look great. I've got four new rims and tires leaning against my office wall and I'm dying for the lugnuts to get there. Wednesday around noon the gorilla nuts show up. I put the car on the lift after work and put 'em on. Took the long way home so I could go on the highway a little and they vibrated bad. SHHEEEEiiitttt. None of the tires were balanced correctly. One was 1/4 ounce off, two were 1/2 ounce off, and the last one had FIVE OUNCES of weight on it and was off 2.25 ounces. I re-balanced all of them and the worst one only needed .75 on one side and .50 on the other. WTF???
Anyway, now they are perfect, handle great no vibration whatsover and I love them. Haven't heard back yet from the very somewhat nasty email I sent them. We'll see.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

where is it that Maximaballa works again. Wasnt he just talking about balancing wheels

Sorry that was just too easy lol.

Oh and the wheels look good on there. What size are they?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm needing a caw

Mike you did it wrong:

Originally Posted by bhunter
[IMG]Ordered these last week from Discount Tire Direct. They said they should all be to my place by Wednesday and in a round about way it happened. The first two showed up on Monday shipped from Houston. Looked great but the packing slip said the lugnuts shipped too-no gorilla nuts! I called and they said woops and would second day air them--ok cool. Tuesday the other two rims and tires show up shipped from Phoenix and they look great. I've got four new rims and tires leaning against my office wall and I'm dying for the lugnuts to get there. Wednesday around noon the gorilla nuts show up. I put the car on the lift after work and put 'em on. Took the long way home so I could go on the highway a little and they vibrated bad. SHHEEEEiiitttt. None of the tires were balanced correctly. One was 1/4 ounce off, two were 1/2 ounce off, and the last one had FIVE OUNCES of weight on it and was off 2.25 ounces. I re-balanced all of them and the worst one only needed .75 on one side and .50 on the other. WTF???
Anyway, now they are perfect, handle great no vibration whatsover and I love them. Haven't heard back yet from the very somewhat nasty email I sent them. We'll see.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:42 PM

very nice, they remind me of older Acura Legend wheels (on some of the coupes). Cant beat 5 spokes on a 3rd gen IMO

15 or 16"? hard to tell when awsm keeps showing off his lightweight 18s
Old 03-18-2005, 09:33 PM

yeah maximaballa works at discount tire.....supposed to get me a deal on some tires.....
but i dont want my tire balance fawked up like that....Ive come to the great realization 235/40/18 tires are not cheap and not common...

looks real nice there bhunter. I swear if you put anything aftermarket, wheel-wise, on our 3rd gens it just adds to the look of "fastness"!! hehe
Old 03-19-2005, 01:49 AM

They are 16's. Tires are 225/50. You guys know I am older than most of you. I just don't like the look or feel of wheels bigger than 17". Ride like Flintsone's car!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:45 AM

Nice, you should bring up to the Maxima meet this July so I can get a better look. Lawrence is only about a 10 hour drive. It took me 14 just to go from Rapid to Wichita
Old 03-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by bhunter
They are 16's. Tires are 225/50. You guys know I am older than most of you. I just don't like the look or feel of wheels bigger than 17". Ride like Flintsone's car!

completely understand. Heck you dont have to have a lowered, big wheel maxima to have a good looking one.

15s and especially 16s look good on a unlowered maxima.