3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

VERY VERY bad day

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 07:53 PM
1993 SE

VERY VERY bad day

I took the car to a body shop to get the spoiler put on today. Guy says yeah, $50 and he can do it. The shop is off tuxedo rd in hyattsville. Anyway the dude is taking forever(3 hours) and he aint close to done yet. All of a sudden cops pull up in ever kind of cruiser they make. They come stormin up in the shop driveway and they enter the building and some more come up and start writing down everybody's tag # and vin's and crap. Im like These mf's are raiding this shop!!! There were about 8 mechanics working on different cars all over the body shop- all Jamaican... I look around and they're all GONE!! Only the customers were left!! anyway the cops are askin if anybody knows the owner of the shop, where he was and some more crap. Everybody was like we dont know who owns the shop. They go and make us wait there while they search the place. Then a dog goes in and they find "something" I dont know what, and then the **** hits the fan. No car can leave. I had officers searching all through my car turning on all my switches and buttons and ****. Going through my trunk, engine, everything. Im like can I help yall find something, and they tell me how my strobes are illegal and a lot of other crap and basically they would not let me take my car home it's gonna be siezed. it's still there.

the max will need a home after I get it back.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:58 PM
The Computer Guy

WOW that REALLY sucks, Stupid Cops. Why would you take it there if it waz in that kinda area?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

I think you need to find a new shop...if you get the car back that is.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:00 PM
1993 SE

Area?? There was absolutely nothing wrong with the area. there's a carryout, a liquor store, and some mechanic shops, i mean regular hood.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by nForce
WOW that REALLY sucks, Stupid Cops. Why would you take it there if it waz in that kinda area?
It was a chop shop they are everywhere in all neighborhoods too.

But they can't seize your vehicle unless they found something to seize it for. It isn't a hazzard if your car is in the shop for body work. For having strobes is illegal but you can argue that the strobes are for show purposes only and they weren't causing a distraction because it was indoors. Did anyone else get their car seized. I believe there's a law that states that cops can only seize for what was being searched for in the warrant. Talk to a fellow orger Tony Fernedez(sp) about this, he's a cop and might give you better insight on what to do.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:12 PM
1993 SE

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
It was a chop shop they are everywhere in all neighborhoods too.

But they can't seize your vehicle unless they found something to seize it for. It isn't a hazzard if your car is in the shop for body work. For having strobes is illegal but you can argue that the strobes are for show purposes only and they weren't causing a distraction because it was indoors. Did anyone else get their car seized. I believe there's a law that states that cops can only seize for what was being searched for in the warrant. Talk to a fellow orger Tony Fernedez(sp) about this, he's a cop and might give you better insight on what to do.
There was nothing to find in MY car but they said that NO car could leave. I was explaining to the cop that the lights were for show, and that they were on the inside where you couldnt see them and then the other cop immediately got pissed and said " you should just listen to what my partner is saying" and the next thind he said was " alright, that's it this consider this car seized as of right now." I was like WTF????I'll be back with the title( cause I couldnt prove it was my car without the registration. BTW i asked another cop earlier since they had run everybody's vin didnt mine come back yet, but he said the radio's were busy and they couldnt check somehow.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by swowlinc
There was nothing to find in MY car but they said that NO car could leave. I was explaining to the cop that the lights were for show, and that they were on the inside where you couldnt see them and then the other cop immediately got pissed and said " you should just listen to what my partner is saying" and the next thind he said was " alright, that's it this consider this car seized as of right now." I was like WTF????I'll be back with the title( cause I couldnt prove it was my car without the registration. BTW i asked another cop earlier since they had run everybody's vin didnt mine come back yet, but he said the radio's were busy and they couldnt check somehow.
What happened to onboard computer the cops usually have in the cruiser? Run some plate numbers. I would have told him to **** off if it were me personally. Can't get arrested for freedom of speech. Since when can they run every other VIN but one. THat has bullcrap written all over it.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:38 PM

wow, i cant believe this story....

I hope you get it back soon!
Old 03-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I will eat your children

damn man that really sucks. if there was nothing in your car they cant hold it. just go and b!tch to hell about it. its all BS
Old 03-18-2005, 10:03 PM

DAMN SWOWLINC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sry 2 hear what is happenin' with u........and those cops r out of thier minds
....they have thier comp in the cruiser but i guess they were just 2 lazy 2 look it up.....i hope everything clears up and u get ur max back...and next time...just look around 4 a better shop...and not one that is goin' 2 get raided

l8er

Torres
Old 03-18-2005, 10:03 PM
blacks92seAuto

Originally Posted by swowlinc
I took the car to a body shop to get the spoiler put on today. Guy says yeah, $50 and he can do it. The shop is off tuxedo rd in hyattsville. Anyway the dude is taking forever(3 hours) and he aint close to done yet. All of a sudden cops pull up in ever kind of cruiser they make. They come stormin up in the shop driveway and they enter the building and some more come up and start writing down everybody's tag # and vin's and crap. Im like These mf's are raiding this shop!!! There were about 8 mechanics working on different cars all over the body shop- all Jamaican... I look around and they're all GONE!! Only the customers were left!! anyway the cops are askin if anybody knows the owner of the shop, where he was and some more crap. Everybody was like we dont know who owns the shop. They go and make us wait there while they search the place. Then a dog goes in and they find "something" I dont know what, and then the **** hits the fan. No car can leave. I had officers searching all through my car turning on all my switches and buttons and ****. Going through my trunk, engine, everything. Im like can I help yall find something, and they tell me how my strobes are illegal and a lot of other crap and basically they would not let me take my car home it's gonna be siezed. it's still there.

the max will need a home after I get it back.

LEGALLY I dont think they can do that....they can only do that if you were driving the car using the illegal strobes......I mean it would be just like having a street racing machine that wasnt street legal in a shop, and them telling you " hey, that motor isnt street legal, you cant hae your car back...."

Old 03-18-2005, 11:37 PM

For some reason they want to ruin that business. Sounds like mafia connected police... But you need some legal advice; dont leave it t here.

World is full of people who start bullying after they get any chance. That day becomes ruined as u meet 'em; does not matter whot/how u behave. But I think its common man's responsibility to stand firm and get the bullies to pay for it. Quite often that does not succeed, but that does not take responsibility out. (Your lights are NOT the issue as it sits in a shop). But surely u must have registration docs, even though they have all the info.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Wiking
For some reason they want to ruin that business. Sounds like mafia connected police...
Old 03-18-2005, 11:48 PM

You'll be fine... as long as you have no connection to them there.. business or personal wise they will question you a million and one times and search your car but you'll get it back. They are into some illegal things in that place... I guess thats your incentive to never deal with them again.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:13 AM

Wow, that really is a bad day. I hope everything works out for you...
Old 03-19-2005, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by blacks92seAuto
LEGALLY I dont think they can do that....they can only do that if you were driving the car using the illegal strobes
Unless they actually found something in your car, they cannot hold it. Unless the guy was stuffing weed in your wing???? And they have no one to take to court so they can't hold your car for evidence.

All they can do is make you take the strobes out and give you a warning. Call the station and ask for the precinct captain. A busy a guy, but the best place to explain the situation on a bogus confiscation.

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
I would have told him to **** off if it were me personally. Can't get arrested for freedom of speech.
No... BUT they can get you for verbal assualt on a police officer. My dad is a deputy sheriff... it's a real charge bull$hit as it sounds
Old 03-19-2005, 06:11 AM
1993 SE

I just got the car back. YEAH! The cops left my car sitting at the gate of the shop with the doors open, windows down, & keys in the ignition. Nobody around. My battery was also dead. Im lucky everything was still there. Oh by the way, Im feelin all the love here...Oh well, selling or parting out if there is interest, let me know.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:40 AM

i take it those cops were from pg county
Old 03-19-2005, 09:05 AM

Dang yung, I never did like Hyattsville. Look man you should have gotten the badge numbers of the cops that you talked to then went to HQ to complain. I know how MD cops are man. They say whatever to get you out thier faces. But if you stick to your guns then they will realize they aren't dealing with the average fool, and then you will start making progress. Cops forget that they are public servants, not FBI hotshots. Yes i am bitter, i've had my share of run ins, but i know the law and thats whats gotten me thru. Good luck swol! i feel your pain cuzzin!!!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:16 AM

you should have noted down some badge numbers, even if you couldn't have remembered them just say their numbers out loud and say your going to report them to interanl affairs.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

crappy setup man. certain cops have f'ed up agendas. if you decide to part out your max i have a good home for all your blehmco pieces
Old 03-19-2005, 12:41 PM

That really does suck, I'd go in and lay into some of those cops. It's good you got your car back in one piece though.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:24 PM

You guys obviously know very little about the law. THey have a search warrant, they will search what they need. You SHOULD go and explain that you were only a customer and have nothing to do with them even if your lying to get your vehicle back...
Old 03-19-2005, 01:42 PM

Glad you got your car back. However, in the future, if you want to know the legality of what an officer is doing, talk to an attorney. He or she will know what your rights are and what you can and cannot do--and what the cops can and cannot do. The best that we can do here is sympathize with you.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:13 PM

thats pg for ya. believe me ive had my max searched 2wice and got busted for some lets say stuff. they took my tags and told me to park it . as soon as they left i drove it home.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:04 PM
STFU n00b!

Ummm, so what does this have to do with you selling the car?

If they didn't mess it up and you have nothing to fix, then there's no big deal. drive on.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
Ummm, so what does this have to do with you selling the car?

If they didn't mess it up and you have nothing to fix, then there's no big deal. drive on.
thats what I was wondering as well. Maybe he has had a bunch of bad luck with it and is tired of it or something.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
You guys obviously know very little about the law. THey have a search warrant, they will search what they need.

and whoever said Mafia Police needs to get slapped across the back of the head and stop watching so many movies.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:35 PM

Wiking is in germany, it's a common prolem over there.

Originally Posted by N34JZ
and whoever said Mafia Police needs to get slapped across the back of the head and stop watching so many movies.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by therealgoon9
Wiking is in germany, it's a common prolem over there.

the mafia is a common problem in germany?
Old 03-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by kcidmil
No... BUT they can get you for verbal assualt on a police officer. My dad is a deputy sheriff... it's a real charge bull$hit as it sounds
Keyword is assault. They can't get me for verbal assualt unless I say something vain or anything that can be taken as a threat. I know and have been there and done that. Cops know that. I know my limits as to what to say and I have actually pushed it to the point where they were listening to every syllable to get me on. Again I say the keyword in that charge is assault and if I didn't say it in a threatening manner then they couldn't do anything. With all of the witnesses around people will testify on your side. Many lawsuits have happened like that in CT and everywhere else.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:16 PM

I'd be complaining to em about the windows down and keys in the ignition!

I think Wiking is from Sweeden.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:05 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

bottom line, i would have told the cop that he can expect my lawyer to be contacting the station so i can come get my car and if one thing was broken or out of place or neglected the police station will be getting sued for the cost of damages, rental car, work lost, mental anguish, wrongful seizure, ect... and the officers who were there would be personally getting sued. ive delt with crooked cops too many times but im up on their game now and and can play them like a violin. They hate it and get so mad cause they know i know my rights and if they cross the line its there a$$ not mine.

biggest problem is that theres no one to police the police. I mean obviously FBI has presidence over police but what FBI agent or Internal Affairs agent is gonna keep tabs on every cop unless he does go out of line. Then and only then will they police the police, but until then the cops feel they are above the law. They forget there job is to uphold the law, not bend it or break it themselves for their egos or their own gain. It just angers me when an innocent kid gets picked on by a moron cop with an ego and his partner backs the moron up.

just acll your lawyer and start by making a formal complaint at the station. Everytime the cop screws with you , you go make a formal complaint. Trust me enough of these and internal affairs will get involved. Then you take out a restraining order on the cop for harrassment or any of the other cops renegade buddies that try to help him. then they cant pull you over or mess with you cause if they break the order a nice IA agent will arrest them and its off to the the orange jumpsuit ! yay !
Old 03-19-2005, 06:16 PM
1993 SE

I dont know why I feel like I dont want the car anymore. But now I have a half done spoiler job(free), 2 Snap-on tap & dye sets, and the car back.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:52 PM

ok so you are parting out a car that you took to a shop to have a spoiler put on???

um bout that whole mafia and germany and wiking.......hmmm wiking=sweden mafia=italy germany=good beer.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:56 PM

damn that sux so much ***. I wouldn't of left until they gave me a better answer. Especially if they were having an attitude. I guess I would have tried to have been as cooperative as possible, but that's bull**** for them to try and keep your car without giving you a justifiable explanation. And curiously, you said they left your car with the windows down, in the shop with the gate open, and the keys in the ignition. That **** don't fly, I would get hella pissed at whoever is in charge at that bull**** police station. What if someone besides you decided to claim your car. I doubt the police station would admit liability for it. I think that's something that should be brought to their attention.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:34 PM

So you should be feeling 'iree' mon! Get back in da car dis minute and drive far way way to Babylon.

Either that, or sell the car to one of the cops so we can get some good leagal advice in here.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:35 PM

I believe our Wiking friend is from Norway.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:39 AM

Is my nonmafia coverup cracking? Tell u my secret location: I live/sail on a wiking sub in int'l waters...

The police need (that suggested a slap) on their face for treating innocent legal citizens, carshop customers like that. It should be a court case, none less. Whatever they did, that does not come out clean (=mafia). They may/can search, demand id etc, that even is beneficial for our western free societies. But that vehicle after search cannot be inside any search warrant limits; no shootout, bodies or crack was found to let them bully BYSTANDERS the way they did. No. Their act was dirty and out of any civilized behaviour; harm done to owner(s) should be compensated fully.

Search out the other harassed owners and discuss about your common action.

When police forget their oath and duty, its time for citizens to stand up. Otherwise they will end up acting "zimbabwe police" hitting anybody in sight to the ground without consequenses. In some cities u are beaten up just being young and walking: that city has nobody standing up! Freedom never comes free: you have to fight (also for others) always by keeping cool, standing firm. Using legal procedures even under threat of continued police harrassment. Violence is never the answer (but sometimes cannot be escaped as bullies like putin want to be next stalin and rob, expand via war.)

Note: I have met only nice policemen during US visits, do honor men in uniform.

Btw. No real mafiaproblem here with scandinavian police: main problems raise from the stasi -led EU nationalsocialist gvmts. Shining example is chiraq: if he was not a prez, he would be a jailmate... figure out ? what happens as he commands the blue french fries.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:00 AM

Btw. Speaking about bullying...

...every day and night russian putin controlled pro pagan TV NEWS:

This distorted map is shown in TV to russian citizens. TODAY, TOMORROW. In this map, scandinavia (norway white, sweden, finland inside russki red border) AND poland, baltian countries are shown conquered, under red communist terror. If this is not bullying intnl' scale, then what is? I would hope Ronald reagan would start over...

Very well fits in this pic the ever continuing cameloil political wrestling behind scenes: army resources are being deliberately shrunk to nothin, continuously...

Quick Reply: VERY VERY bad day