3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Too Leave or Not 2 Leave???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 08:32 PM

Too Leave or Not 2 Leave???

well gang its been a long time since ive been on here. right now im seriously considering selling the max. i just dont have anywhere to put the max since i have a Lexus ES300 now. thats why i havent really been on the board lately because i havent been driving the max, and now moms is complaining about all those cars in her driveway, so the max just might have to go. i really dont want to let it go because its so dern reliable and i just got through dumping money into struts, axles and all that gay stuff.my aunt was about to trade in the lex torwards her new range rover, but they were only going to give her $2500 for it. So she asked me if i wanted to buy it for $1500(family price), and i said yes. but when i went to pick it up from her, she told me dont even worry about paying her for it, its mine.

96 ES300 67,000 miles, black w/ black leather. SEXY & Pure Blessing. The max is a 92 super black, auto tranny, 135,XXX on the clock. Immaculates tan cloth. vtc's are grounded with yota filter and has 1 stud behind compressor broke. strong tranny and does have a clear coat peel on roof but cant notice when car is waxed up. The only gay thing about the car is the front fenders well is expanded about an 1 1\2" on both sides from when i had the 22's on the car. yes i did sell the 20's and got 22's. used longer bolts on the lift and tire size was 255/30/22 nitto. the 20 tires i had were 255/35/20 kuhmo, wasnt much of a difference as far as rubbing an scrubbing. just was high as hel off the ground. But all in all still agreat car.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:39 PM

so my main reason for posting this was to ask just in case i do let it go, what is a great asking price for the car. i want to stay in a figure of at least $2500-2900. I see 3rd gens with higher miles and worse conditions for almost 4300 busting people heads, so i know that im not asking something crazy. But my main thing is i dont really dont want to sell the car to anyone with the stud problem & vtc issues because the person i sell it to wont know about the issue in depth and think im trying to get over. I rather sell it to an 3rd enthusiast who knows how to deal with the car( such as using the yota filter at every oil change and so forth). so all in all if someone comes with the right price she might roll.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:58 PM

22's??? hrrm i think juan has compitition. that is obsenly big.

anywho

well you have to conisder that most people that get maxima want them i good condition. your description sounds ok, but vtc are expensive and the studs are pita. but what i think doesnt matter on your finial judgement to keep it or not. Its up to you. It seems that you have your heart set out on the lex. i dont blame you. times takes into effevt and wanting new thing/ or at least different things. As for your asking price i would deffinatly see what the KBB value is. http://www.kbb.com. see what you come up with. With that info i got my maxima for the price that it was almost the same that was listed. Good luck, btw you might want to post this in the for sale forums if you want to sell it. izzy.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:34 PM

Man, I passed up trading in my Max when I was getting the Protege... even though the clutch was going and the cv-joints were shot. But I know the space issue very well.

The Protege is now a liability more than fun... too many tickets. Plus it's too small for what I need, just having another kid. And it's taking up room in my garage

Originally Posted by crazy4maxima
but what i think doesnt matter on your finial judgement to keep it or not. Its up to you
We can all sit here and bring up fond memories. But it's still up to you to move on or not. Me... I've spent too much time and money on mine... so it'll take a complete total for me to part with it. Even then I think I'll get another.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:50 AM
mod or sell?

sorry guys, but I'd get the lexus.
but then again I'm a bit pissed at my max, it appears that my anti radar coating is gone and now it attracts them like flies to a ford.
and of course this happens after I put work into the car and started working on getting front speakers installed.

maybe it will get parked, I think I'm going subi again
Old 03-21-2005, 07:53 AM

i kind of feel the same way as not wanting to part, but my mom and money are tagging at me. mom i can work around on cars in driveway. if i sell the car and when the money runs out, will it be worth the regrets ill end up having from selling it.
for example, "Dang, why did I sell my max?"
Old 03-21-2005, 08:56 AM
mod or sell?

that's my concern also.
part of the reason I still have my max. Though I am considering another car to possibly replace it. maybe just as an additional car though, not like I don't have enough of those.