3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

my long weekend project - Intrax n Tokico installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 01:13 PM

my long weekend project - Intrax n Tokico installed

Well I finally installed my suspension along with some new cv axles along with some needed help from my dad and my buddy, take a look and tell me what you think of the drop...I used to be able to get like 4 fingers in the back, now im lucky to get 1.5 it def. looks way more aggresive.

I would go outside and take more pictures today, but its snowing here, I cant stand Ohios weather....It was 80+ on tuesday....

anyway more pictures here
Old 04-24-2005, 01:18 PM

looks good! youve got some g35 18s dont you, when do those go on?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:31 PM

Thanks DMad, yeah i got some g35 18s, hopefully Ill have them on no later then the end of May. that should make my car look really nice then, i cant wait!
Old 04-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Alex_V

Dude you really need to cover up your 5 bolts and bushings on your stock rims! I might be able to toss some covers your way if you need them.

Oh and you had it bad? I spent almost 2 hours out side in the damn freezing rain hooking up a trailer and getting a max with 2 blown rear tires up onto it. You had a shop to work in!

If I make more $ during the summer I know what suspention I'm getting! Oh and with that setup do you have less body roll? I think it has way too much stock. For a 4dSC anyway.

~Alex

Old 04-25-2005, 12:01 AM

... i think u need a body kit..

on a black car it would be way cool, but on a white max there is this little black bit around the bottom of the car that i don't like. just my .02
Old 04-25-2005, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Alex_V
Dude you really need to cover up your 5 bolts and bushings on your stock rims! I might be able to toss some covers your way if you need them.

Oh and you had it bad? I spent almost 2 hours out side in the damn freezing rain hooking up a trailer and getting a max with 2 blown rear tires up onto it. You had a shop to work in!

If I make more $ during the summer I know what suspention I'm getting! Oh and with that setup do you have less body roll? I think it has way too much stock. For a 4dSC anyway.

~Alex
no way the i took those stupid giant covers off because it looks cooler........and i know what its like to work in the cold, i worked yesterday in the cold snow, just not on this job!

tons less body roll, this was a great addition to my car, well worth it, and as soon as i get my rims on i know the whole thing willcome together better, the stockers are killing me.....
Old 04-26-2005, 07:37 PM

I would go outside and take more pictures today, but its snowing here, I cant stand Ohios weather....It was 80+ on tuesday....[/URL][/QUOTE]

When you get a chance, I'd like to see an after pic from the same angle as the "before" pic on your website.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:42 PM

yo i think i got one up here, took some today even though it was raining.....snow sat, sun. rain mon tues. ohio is great!
Light sucks but does that help? its 1.7 inch drop in front and 1.5 inch drop in back. Ill get better pics when the weather is better and i get my new rims on.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
its 1.7 inch drop in front and 1.5 inch drop in back.

NO NO NO...how many times do I have to correct people lol. Intrax is 1.7 all the way around (check their site). When I bought mine they actually advertised them as 1.75 all the way around.

I am not sure who started the 1.7 1.5 rumor but its been floating around and just will not go away.

Car looks good though.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:49 PM

get some bigger rims for the love of God!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by ElVito1981

I have said it before and will say it again. Stock wheels with a drop looks 10x better than large wheels and no drop.

besides:

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
Thanks DMad, yeah i got some g35 18s, hopefully Ill have them on no later then the end of May. that should make my car look really nice then, i cant wait!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looks good!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by awsm66 aka coolest maxima ever
NO NO NO...how many times do I have to correct people lol. Intrax is 1.7 all the way around (check their site). When I bought mine they actually advertised them as 1.75 all the way around.
whoopsie boopsie no 1.5 in back its 1.7 all around and i know now.....and knowing is half the battle.

Originally Posted by Elvito1981
more like get some tires for the love of God!, i have these rims....

thanks for the compliments guys!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by awsm66
I have said it before and will say it again. Stock wheels with a drop looks 10x better than large wheels and no drop.
I didn't say anything about large wheels and no drop---but if you already have it dropped, you need to throw some rims on there too. You shouldn't have one without the other.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by ElVito1981
I didn't say anything about large wheels and no drop---but if you already have it dropped, you need to throw some rims on there too. You shouldn't have one without the other.

who says you "shouldn't"...you...yeah that may be your style but not everyones and who are you to tell him what he "needs" to do. Yeah I like plus size wheels with a drop but I also see nothing wrong with having it dropped without larger wheels. It looks perfectly fine to me. BMWs sit about like the Maxima does lowered and they run around with stock 15s all the time and dont look out of place to me.

What I meant about my statement was...some people cant afford to do both at the same time and IMO (yes opinion) I think its better to go drop then wheels later than wheels then drop later but I dont go tell people "get some lowering springs for the love of God!" and not say anything constructive about what they have done...I usually just dont coment at all or maybe say the wheels look nice but "I" think it would look nicer with a drop etc. We all have our own opinions though so its no biggie.

Besided like he had already stated in this thread...he has larger wheels already.

sorry dont mean to be a butthead and blow that innocent comment (yeah I dont think you really meant anything negative about it) so far out of proportion...just feel like arguing a little and it rubbed me the wrong way lol.

I apologive trippleGmax for my PWing and will quit it now
Old 04-26-2005, 09:26 PM

ok my fault, i didn't see the part where he had larger wheels already
Old 04-26-2005, 09:27 PM

well in my review of the intrax and tokicos, the drop is very agressive. now the only problem is that i live in pot whole city. nyc is very notorious with the uneven road and holey crater littler streets. at time its gets to bouncey. i almost feel like i have the "civic hops". eveytime i try to avoid the holes i manage to get into one and hello bump stops. there is bearly any room for suspension travel. i just got my max aligned in queesns using a shop that uses hunter machine. major help. the other problem that i am facing is even though i sod have bigger rims, my 17x7.5 rims with 245-45 tire barely give me any cusion of realief. I work at avis and i have driven many cars.l i amost want to go back to stock suspension with brand new struts, cause when i drive a new car over the same surface i do my max, its much more smoother with the other stock height cars. now if i lived on a very well taken car of road, i would have no complaints. I dont know what else to do. I as warned, but i have to live with it. dont get me wrong its a great set up, but not for new york city driving. I would like to have the drop and the control of coil overs. but sadly not meant for 3rd gens.

There are very good benefits. such as less body roll, better traction on the whole shot, more throttle response since the wheel hope is minimized, over all less body roll, and cornering is great. tires rebound great, and stay planted. but i am getting tired of hearing and feeling my bump stops everytime i hit a bump. It doesnt help that my right rear tire has a slow leak that i have to watch out for. I fill her up at 32 psi and the next couple of days it would go down to 21psi.

do you think i should increase the psi load a little more to about 34-35 psi???

sucks to live here. now jersey and northern new york area and north east i am envious of their properly maintained roads. i just dont get it. So much money and time in construction on city roads but there is not a solution to keeping it maintained properly. I dont understand why they dont do construction at night while there are roving pot hole repairs in mid morning and afternoon commutting.? what gives. shut one lane down and pave it. shut another one down another day and pave it. jesus what doesn it take!!!??? i am so angry. i just started this as a simple reply post and now i am turning this into a hell on cars story of daily driving.

end vent, or have i
Old 04-27-2005, 06:06 AM
Getting back to his roots

Originally Posted by crazy4maxima
sucks to live here. now jersey and northern new york area and north east i am envious of their properly maintained roads.

Umm, Boston roads (though not quite as bad as NYC roads) are still horrendous. This past winter has been especially brutal in creating new potholes.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:48 AM

well i rode on bad struts for way too long because i feel this setup is much improved over what i had, no body roll and hitting bumps means no yelling that my car is going to fall apart. I am happy with it, if there is a pot hole i just slow down or miss it, its not hard in ohio, but at the same time roads can get horrible here. anyway im just saying i like it much better.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:03 AM

i live in DC, also "pot-hole heaven." I have the Eibach's which are less of a drop, but I still feel a lot of stiffness on the road, even after going from 18's to 17's. What I found helped the most was flipping the transmission switch under the dash. Flip it from "power" to "comfort." It makes a world of difference. Also, if you have worn out shocks, you need to get new ones.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The drop looks sweet! Do you have any wheel center caps available? I need one. Please PM ME.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:30 PM

thanks man! I know the guy you need to get ahold of, PM Alex_V hes parting out his wreck, he can hook you up.

wait, you have a 3rd gen?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Looks Awesome. Wish I had the cash to upgrade my suspension. Damn Prom blows.