3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Just tossing my idea to the org for opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:40 AM
- Product of Maxima.org -

Just tossing my idea to the org for opinions...

Alright, I just bought my second 3rd gen three days ago, so now i have a 92 Black SE 5spd with a VE30DE engine, all leather, and a 91 White GXE automatic with a VG30 engine, all cloth......
(thanks Jeff for correcting me on the VG30DE issue)

Try to follow me here.....My idea is to take the black 5spd and convert it to cloth, for a more sporty feel, and follow a Black/Red color scheme.....in and out. Upgrading multiple Performance parts....Port & Polish, Bore over (kinda odd i know) entire exhaust, intake, brakes, steering, etc., etc.. also gonna "pimp out" the interior and exterior to the max (no pun intended.)

Now, here's where my idea comes into play... With my White Auto, im gonna convert the interior to leather, for a more luxurious feel, and follow a White/Yellow color scheme...to offset the Black/Red. Now, whatever i do to the black one, in terms of using the color red....I'm going to do to the white one, only with yellow. Let's say IF (HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING) I put red flames on the black one, i would put yellow flames on the white one....now remember i said hypothetically speaking. flames = nogo....but yeah, you get the picture??? having twins...that are opposite...its oxymoronical bliss!

any ideas/thoughts/comments on this topic?

and by the way...i think the reason i posted this topic in the first place, was to let everyone know i got max #2 :attention
Old 04-25-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm needing a caw

1) you have a VG30. Not a VG30DE.

2) I don't know what you are thinking about your color schemes but it's your car, not mine.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

been watching pimp my ride ay?
Old 04-25-2005, 12:06 PM

Jeff....well, i prefer the VE, so i know nothing about the VG...sorry
And for the color schemes, i think it will be an attention grabber to have the same..opposite..thing going on. and BTW, it was just an idea. I actually saw a white car with white/yellow interior, and for the luxury aspect, it was pretty nice IMHO.

Danny....lol no pimp my ride in iraq, sorry! But i do have ALOT of time to think about my cars....and other manly stuff ;X
Old 04-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by ustfdes
Jeff....well, i prefer the VE, so i know nothing about the VG...sorry
And for the color schemes, i think it will be an attention grabber to have the same..opposite..thing going on. and BTW, it was just an idea. I actually saw a white car with white/yellow interior, and for the luxury aspect, it was pretty nice IMHO.

Danny....lol no pimp my ride in iraq, sorry! But i do have ALOT of time to think about my cars....and other manly stuff ;X
damn you should get MTV there...wtf is up w/ that??!

i'm going to echo what jeff said...i mean it's your car. if you want to put a 20ft wing on the trunk and paint it pink..that's your call. do what you like to it...but some may not have the same style as you.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Way out West

Like Danny and Jeff said, it's your car and you do what you want to it. If you want to make a "his and hers" set of Maximas for yourself, go right ahead.

You should probably take a few minutes to write down on a notepad how much all of this is going to cost you. The stuff you said you wanted to do isn't going to come cheap unless you work at a machine shop or garage.

Otherwise, have fun and post pics of your results so you can either be congratulated or made fun of.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Red92MaxSE
Like Danny and Jeff said, it's your car and you do what you want to it. If you want to make a "his and hers" set of Maximas for yourself, go right ahead.

You should probably take a few minutes to write down on a notepad how much all of this is going to cost you. The stuff you said you wanted to do isn't going to come cheap unless you work at a machine shop or garage.

Otherwise, have fun and post pics of your results so you can either be congratulated or made fun of.
yeah yeah, it's my car and i can do what i want to, cry if i want to, do what i want tooooo.....

anyways, yeah, its kinda like a "his and hers" because my fiance wants to 'pimp' one of them if i go to car shows with them in the future, I told her if she wants to, she will be working on the white one with me, from mod #1 to mod #234234.

It's more for ME though, a luxury max, and a sporty max. Hell i'll probably end up painting both black, and following the same interior ideas, but with the same color scheme (black/red) but the COLORS are still up in the air...Black/Red is permanent, but the mirror image white and yellow, undecided

BTW, the cost issue, im not talking about doing all this at once...just slowly over the period of abotu a year max. So far with my black one, ive purchased cross driled + slotted rotors, racing seats, heads, polished valve covers, Intrax springs, Tokico struts, Chrome grille, and a few other mods....Buying the stillen kit and Finn Racing F108 18 x 7.5 rims in the next month....full exhaust and intake the next month...pretty pricey, but i put pride in my cars

btw, if i can figure out how to post a pic on here in a minute, ill put one of my black SE up in a minute or two
Old 04-26-2005, 12:49 AM

front with new grille installed.....few body dings you can see...i like my paint though, for the most part.

spoiler removed...will put it back on when i find one thats not "ricey" but sleek and smooth.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:15 PM

May I ask why you need 3 3rd gen. Maximas? If I were you, i'd make ONE cool Maxima out of the 3 that you have; sell the others and buy a 4th Gen. Maxima. That way you'll have 2 Fast and VERY cool Maximas!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
May I ask why you need 3 3rd gen. Maximas?
lol i only have 2 lol .....i wanted two 3rd gens because i prefer the body style of a 3rd gen over any of the other generations....and because i want a sporty model, and a 'comfy' model one to race, one to show. I hate how the maxima doesnt get the attention it deserves, especially the 3rd gen, I'm tired of all the Honda's out there taking the glory with a thousand body kits and performance upgrades. I want to change that, and help get the max the credit it deserves ;x (kinda, but i really just want to have the personal satisfaction of having two nice *** 3rd gens )

3rd gen
Old 04-27-2005, 01:06 AM

Opt for Afghan next time... we have AFN out here.

I'd say keep the opposite colors. My advice... forget the Hondas. They pull up all the time and try racing me... get tired of them after a while. Like swatting at nats. Due it for the pure love of the Maxima.

And I agree on the body style of the 3rd... that's why I bought mine. 4th gen...
Old 04-27-2005, 04:56 AM

pictures dont work for me.....

get url of pic and put it between these [IMG]url[/IMG]
keep img in caps!