3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Rotary maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by nelledge
Common? I've seen numerous Porsches, Jags, Volvos, etc. with SBC implanted into them. That doesn't make it common. That doesn't make it easy. And, as you said, it doesn't make it cheap.

...still.

You really owned yourself on that one you should have checked the site out. BTW I ran into an 88 RX-7 for cheap that needs a little body work. If I can find a cheap LT1 engine and tranny for under 3k I will do the swap within the next two years.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:38 PM

shouldnt you try to finish one car at a time...i mean have you finished the headlights on your car?? you say you couldnt even afford a card reader for your digital camera....but you got 3 grand to swap in an engine and youre gonna get your car repainted and stuff......im calling BS on your cefiro headlights until i see pics. Ill even host the pictures.
im not trying to to be rude or call you out, but it seems youre always on here saying youre gonna do something...i just want to see pics.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:39 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Originally Posted by VG Ridah

You really owned yourself on that one you should have checked the site out. BTW I ran into an 88 RX-7 for cheap that needs a little body work. If I can find a cheap LT1 engine and tranny for under 3k I will do the swap within the next two years.
I did get owned. Now I'll go start the project for my common backyard.
Can I do that?
Yeah.
What are the chances of it happening? Heh... That's up to your imagination.

Keep us current with that swap.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Slamnasty
I can't stand blow-off valves. They've entered into Ricedom IMO.
Yeah I can't stand turbos for the same reason. They've entered into Ricedom too, besides, who wants a 50%+++ power increase, not me.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:43 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
shouldnt you try to finish one car at a time...i mean have you finished the headlights on your car?? you say you couldnt even afford a card reader for your digital camera....but you got 3 grand to swap in an engine and youre gonna get your car repainted and stuff......im calling BS on your cefiro headlights until i see pics. Ill even host the pictures.
im not trying to to be rude or call you out, but it seems youre always on here saying youre gonna do something...i just want to see pics.
Uhhhh....
Old 05-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by tripleGmax

Being that I currently work two jobs that is how I will get the RX-7. I never said I couldn't afford a card reader I just didn't want to overpay on something like that. I have finshed the headlights a while back. I was gonna get my car repainted but now I found a different car to put better use of my money on. When I first bought the headlights I posted them on the org. You can call bs all you want. I am done with the max unless the RX-7 isn't up to what it should be. Actually the only things I said I have actually done to my car was the headlights and a bunch of little things (maintence and audio). Other than the rx-7, repaint, and headlights what else have I said I have done. I can tell you that I was going to purchase another max for 500 but when I checked it out it wasn't even running. Please make proof of your claim.

I never said I had 3 grand I said If I can find one for it then I'll try. BTW have you ever heard of working and saving cash. That's why I said within the next two years.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Im izz sexay

BTW you can never have too many project cars.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

BTW you can never have too many project cars.
oh yes you can

When you live in a neighborhood with a communist HOA (home owners association) that made a rule you have to move your cars every two days and you have 3 cars, believe me you can have too many project cars

Originally Posted by Studio718
carb'd 350...* creams pants *...lol.
that would be sick

http://www.digitalbeta.net/videos/MVI_1813.avi
you can't see the kids in the street who were playing basket ball but ran inside
Old 05-11-2005, 05:51 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by MrGone
oh yes you can

When you live in a neighborhood with a communist HOA (home owners association) that made a rule you have to move your cars every two days and you have 3 cars, believe me you can have too many project cars

http://www.digitalbeta.net/videos/MVI_1813.avi
you can't see the kids in the street who were playing basket ball but ran inside
no such thing as too many cars.
If you have the space. (writes check for rent on 3 car garage)

of course the kids ran inside shawn, they didn't want to die from laughter in the street.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by MrGone
oh yes you can

My parents backyard can fit two cars, our driveway another 3 cars, and our street park can fit 4 cars. We currently have my max, my father's two trucks (Ram 1500 Laramie and a 82 Chevy Custom), my sister's integra, my mother's Altima, my brother's Intrepid, and soon to be an RX-7. We have room for another car.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:58 PM

My parents backyard can fit two cars, our driveway another 3 cars, and our street park can fit 4 cars. We currently have my max, my father's two trucks (Ram 1500 Laramie and a 82 Chevy Custom), my sister's integra, my mother's Altima, my brother's Intrepid, and soon to be an RX-7. We have room for another car.
Can't fit cars in back yards around here

http://www.digitalbeta.net/images/OL...s/P1010017.JPG
http://www.digitalbeta.net/images/Maximas/maximas.jpg

but we can fit plenty on the driveway
Old 05-11-2005, 05:58 PM

so when you first bought the headlights you posted pics, do you have any of them on the car??

and i remember you saying you were trying to find a usb cable, but we told you to just get a card reader for you digital camera. then said something like you didnt have enough money and then bought one on ebay.
you said you bought the other car then looked and saw it had rust and backed out. proof that you bought it and that you were gonna use the 5spd and turbo it. you didnt. but whatever i just want to see pics of your car with these headlights in. thats all, until i see pics its BS.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by jwmaxse
Yeah I can't stand turbos for the same reason. They've entered into Ricedom too, besides, who wants a 50%+++ power increase, not me.
surely you're joking... i can understand the blow off valves being ricey like the turboxs rfl that i have (i know... i just had to have something i could hear ) but turbos... not at all.

they're the single best way to get gobs of power out of your engine. better than superchargers in just about every way. the guys who want a turbo on their engine simply for the sound... yeah, that's rice but the ones who want them for some power, definitely not rice.

now this is absolute rice though:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

i have 6 cars and 1 motorcycle myself... 5 of the cars and the motorcycle all being project cars pretty much. its driving me crazy.