3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Some F*** Broke into my car (kind of long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 09:18 PM

Some F*** Broke into my car (kind of long)

So this morning I wake up, go to my car and see the driverside door opened on my car. Once I get closer I see all my paper from my glove box all over the floor and passenger seat, then my seat was adjusted differently and some **** moved the steering wheel all the way up and opened the gas tank flap? the hood is also opened...

For some reason the car alarm is not going off? my Wife was next to me and opened the passenger side door, she was running late for work so I decided to get in the car. once I close the door the car wont start, so I get back out close the driver side door and the alar starts going off. (if it was going off all night would it turn it self off and dis-engage the starter?)

The dumb **** did not even steal anything important, exept to me. he took my book bag from the back seat and thats it?? all that was in there was papers from work, a college algebra book, and my cell phone. I always take my book bag out exept for last night.

He even had the ballz to call people I know with my cell phone. I call the police, figuering they would finger print the car or at least come to the sceene of the crime, but no! they had some officer call me and take a report over the phone. So if they find anything they will call me . how the hell will they find anything if the did not eve look???

All I can figuire is that the alarm started going off and the guy got scared grabed what ever was easily accesable and took off running in such a hurry he did not even close the door, but it does not explain why the gas tank was opened, for that i figuered he was tring to open the trunk and could not find the button to do it, he proly thought the lever for the gas tank was the trunk lid and opened it, but that means he took his sweet fuken time inside my car. which explains why my hood was opened, but my batt terminal was not disconected?? proly some punk teenager because he did not even take the cd player.

well guess im just venting, wish I would have heard the alarm at 3 a.m., I would have run down there and left enough of the bastard for the police to drag of to the hospital and then to jail. and its my stupid fault for not closing the rear passenger windows all the way, it would have taken 1-2 more seconds of holding the button down to completely close it. im such an idiot.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:11 PM

What a bummer !!! I know the feeling.

As for the Gas door and hood, Many people leave a spare ignition key in the Gas door. I used to pump gas and have seen many. Probably looking for one of those "Hide-a-key" things in there and under the hood.

BTW, you did not roll up your window because your are an "idiot". You just trusted the environment more than you should've. We all do...(sometimes we just got caught doing it). It's the other guy...He's the idiot....Just not a hurting one because he ran before you got there.
My $0.02

-Jim
Old 05-06-2005, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by lalo
So this morning I wake up, ....
--->thats the main point here.

Oh boy. Youre not the idiot; btw. window does not hinder these people, 3sec difference...

"Oh these times! Nobody teaches their kids to behave. They stole my sandals in the bathouse yesterday..." wrote one Greek 4000 years ago. And then some say there's human evolotion. Nope, this is the world we live in, has been as long as humans have walked around. Only evolotion happens with the liberAlls: HERE YOU would end in jail hurting this fella's feelings. Better let him steal the car, hit-drive and kill smbdy: as owner, youre liable. The felon will get counseling and gvmt grant and free housing. YOU in jail. This is called nationalsocial... BUT youre not allowed to utter the facts.

Luckily he did not destroy your car, u still have u max. And alarm.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:08 AM

stealing from low to upper middle class individuals is in the same ballpark as tappin another guy's girl instead of telling the guy that she's a cheater.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I did it

j/p sorry to hear about it
Old 05-06-2005, 07:01 AM

That sucks man .. but be thankful you're not looking to replace any broken windows today.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:16 AM

i say stay up all night with the windows down, hell drive by again to see what happened. then you catch his *** and take his lunch money, give him a wedgie that will make him cry and then call the cops for another over the phone report.

sorry that you got nabbed like that, i would go to the local places that buy back college books and tell them if anyone is just returning one algebra book to be on a lookout and get his description or something.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:13 PM

call the cell phone but block your number(incase you have your homephone saved so it wont pop up) But, yea set up some kind of video camera or just stay up one night with your windows down. The person almost always goes back to the scene.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:30 PM

sorry bout ya max i would be p/o 2 if sum1 popped into my max
Old 05-06-2005, 12:36 PM

Be wary of a reprisal attack. Some will do minor defacement or theft of something in the interior one day, and come back a few days later to take the whole thing. This happened to me once. I left my window cracked at night and woke up to a smashed head unit. Within a few days of that the car was stolen (windows UP), joyrided, and turned into junk yard lore. I barely recognized it after the police found it.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jim_1990SE

. . . BTW, you did not roll up your window because your are an "idiot". You just trusted the environment more than you should've. We all do...(sometimes we just got caught doing it).. . .

-Jim

lol i trusted the environment once..that or i was to tired to noticed that i left my sunroof open and it rained like a bastard that night. Needless to say it smelt horrible and was all wet the next morning/afternoon/next day lol it sucked.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:03 PM

It's always the one day you do something. The one day I left my doors unlocked in my 200sx my HU was stolen. Here's the best part: I heard my horn honk around 7pm, I thought nothing of it, didnt think it was mine, then another honk. I look out and there's a shady looking guy walking by my car. Again I thought nothing of it, there's always shading looking people down my block. Next day I get into my car and go for the radio and it's gone. At least theye didnt break the glass to get in. It was a crappy tape player I got for free. Man I was angry.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Hectic
stealing from low to upper middle class individuals is in the same ballpark as tappin another guy's girl instead of telling the guy that she's a cheater.
que? i don't follow you here.....

i love how our trunk button is hidden! bummer on the car, at least no windows broken.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Alex_V

And my dad wants me to put a hide a key under my car- right..

My house isnt in that bad of a neibhor hood and we get this crap all the time (it doesnt look like a trashy neibhor hood at all, but 10 blocks away/across the highway it does) 2 months ago my bro was over in his lowered S10. He always locks his truck if hes going to be here for more then 10 minuets. But he wasnt going to be this time. While he was inside a guy got in his truck, ripped out the HU, SMOKED in his truck and got out. My bro never was or will be a smoker so when he got in he noticed that first. He was pissed when he came back inside. It was a very nice radio too.

Now Ill always lock any car I drive, Its kinda annoying but you never know.

~Alex

Old 05-06-2005, 05:38 PM

and i wonder why my parents say "ohh just leavie it unlocked" ya ok, i have a nice system in it and i actually wanna drive the god dam car, not have it stolen. i will be driving in july so not far away! dam kids. (not me)
Old 05-06-2005, 08:13 PM

I actualy park the car in the same spot again and waited to see if any one would come near my car until 3 a.m., but last night alot of security were in the apartments.

I think my car was not the only one that got broken in to. other cars had smashed windows so I feel lucky now that my car does not have a plastic bag for a window.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:25 AM

I really doesn't matter where you live. Snottsdale has all kinds of burglary issues, just like everywhere else.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Alex_V
While he was inside a guy got in his truck, ripped out the HU, SMOKED in his truck and got out.
oh my lord, he SMOKED in the car? what a worthless human being....
Old 05-08-2005, 03:15 AM

H/Us are so easy... not that I have any experience mind you... Well it couldn't have been me. I've been stuck overseas for the past 8 months.

Sorry to hear... to both of you. People really don't bother my vehicles. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact I'd run them over with it???
Old 05-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Alex_V

Hectic- my point is he took his sweet time...If only my bro had walked out earlier he could have caught him.

~Alex

Old 05-09-2005, 02:22 AM
94c Big Max

cops are dump. they're useless when it comes to car issues. i have known stories from people got their car stolen, yes, the thieves took the car and drove away and still they did nothing but asking some silly questions, filling out some silly papers.

so how much property damages did you lost? so far I lost $200+. $30 on a new glass, $190 on a new stereo. damn it, I need a car alarm, this stock oe alarm is a piece of junk! who makes good and decent car alarm for a reasonable price?
Old 05-09-2005, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alex_V
Hectic- my point is he took his sweet time...If only my bro had walked out earlier he could have caught him.

~Alex
ohh, i thought you were saying he's the scum of the earth or something

tran, i'm planning on installing an alarm soon as well. i've never installed a car alarm so it would be fun to dig my hands into a new skill, not to mention a good alarm system is going to be required pretty soon here for me. anyway, i'm also interested in any info on a good alarm for our rides. installation is a pretty big chore i'm sure..best to do some research, or pay the couple hundred bucks for a pro install. but there's no fun taking that road. no stress either though
Old 05-12-2005, 07:34 PM

don't feel so bad, many years ago a thief stole my stereo out of my car parked in the driveway. Because it was mounted in the glove compartment, I didn't notice until a day or so later, and didn't realize it had been stolen from the driveway. The next night I came home late from a party where I had drunk a bit, parked in the driveway, and the next morning my car was nowhere to be found. I actually thought I had lost the car, as I could'nt imagine anyone stealing a 14 year old corolla. It turned out that the thief had a working key to my car from another Corolla, and that one nite he took the stereo, then came back and took the car.

The good news is that they didn't find him and the car for 8 weeks, and by the time they offered me my car back, I had already bought my Maxima!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That sucks man, I had two JL 12w6's and a Rockford 1000 watt RMS system jacked from my a year ago (i found out who did it, people brag too much, it was a greedy friend). Anyway long story short, I sleep with a gun beside my bed, and if I hear a noise I'm lookin out the window, you never know. The anxiety of that type of ****ty situation sucks. Call your phone and try to trick them into meeting you or something.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:49 PM

You should sue the police. If the guy made a call using your cell phone, then he could have been easily located--providing he did not ditch the phone. All mobile phones are identified by a unique ESN (electronic serial number). All you have to do is call your cell carrier and report the missing phone. At that time, they can not only kill the phone, but also geographically see where the last few calls originated. The police know this! A daym phone report. Then people want to wonder why some victims of crime no longer trust the police. Man, I feel your anger.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:13 PM

I just installed a new JVC radio in my 00'SE. I did not want a removable faceplate because of the hassle they become. Even if you screw the faceplate in....The thief won't know until your window is already smashed or their time investment is worth the damage to get your radio out. It's not even a fancy one. Then the thief gets curious 'bout the other components....
<Sigh !!!>