3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

clear corners

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 09:42 AM

clear corners

hey sorry about this guys, i know this has to have been posted before, but I went through the whole 3rd gen forums searching for clear and didn't find anything. Do the admins delete old threads or something? When i first signed up, we had more than 11 pages of posts. Anyways on to my real question

I've gotten the bug for clear corners after seeing all the cool 3rd gens on here with them

I was looking at the ebay prices which range about 20 dollars after shipping and then on the maxima.org main page I found the ones at courtesy parts and that other page for like 40 dollars plus shipping. Is there any difference in quality? I really don't want to spend an extra 20 dollars if ebay offers the same exact thing.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:00 AM

the ones at courtesy are made by nissan i believe, the ebay ones don't really match your headlights very well when the headlights are off, if i could choose again, i'd get the oem ones only, they aren't oe...at least not in the us but you know what i'm sayin. i'm just not down with the bling.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:02 AM

...and I want clear turn signals, instead of those carrots. [lamps inset to the bumper, NOT corner] Hlp - where to buy.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:09 AM

try the 4 sal sek shun wiking.

ppl part out theR cars all the time.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Wiking
...and I want clear turn signals, instead of those carrots. [lamps inset to the bumper, NOT corner] Hlp - where to buy.

i have a set in a bumper cover out back i think they are in ok shape.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by 89badmaxse
i have a set in a bumper cover out back i think they are in ok shape.
...bit$ transfer might make this business too pricey?

"try the 4 sal sek shun wiking... ppl part out theR" -tripleGmax
- förlåt mig: till salu... de menar så mycky kronor här. Enkämää jummar mittää ppl.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

to answer your question, the ebay ones will look alright. I have the ebay clears on mine and I am not upset at all. The thing is though, that the quality of the ebay clears is very very cheap. They have held up pretty well for the past 6 months, so if you're short on cash, go ebay. I got mine from symmic and it was a pretty smooth transaction.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Way out West

...bit$ transfer might make this business too pricey?

"try the 4 sal sek shun wiking... ppl part out theR" -tripleGmax
- förlåt mig: till salu... de menar så mycky kronor här. Enkämää jummar mittää ppl.

I don't know what you just wrote, but it was funny to me.

I think some guys don't give you much credit for being able to do a pretty darn good job posting on here in a second language.

I think you should send some kind of international money order in US dollars instead of a wire transfer. Then you can just send it in a regular letter.

The lenses aren't very large or heavy. If the weigh 2 pounds, they should cost $6.30 to mail to you, even though it would take a month to get there. If they will fit in a large Global Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope (I think they will) it is only $9 regardless of weight and will get there in 4-6 days.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by garbury
to answer your question, the ebay ones will look alright. ... I got mine from symmic and it was a pretty smooth transaction.
Hopefully got still cash for two plasTics bits, better first ask mama. Nah, the issue is more like between my problematic ears... If I understand right, on e-bay I pay and am really lucky if I ever receive anythin; superlucky if quality is ok: nobody quarantees me anythin? I Hate the idea of paying and not receiving; so much so that I rather be wannabe forever. Tell me, am I right? Also, pls explain symmic???

For reason like that, I like to buy from a reputable company, pay more, use Visa (only): I can always complain to Visa if I do not receive and/or send the tingie back...

Lets think that '89badmaxse' sends his tingies to me: quite probably they will be lost. Now if they arrive, theyre crushed (kids carrying mail cannot sleep if they do not hear that crush sound....) Who pays whom, both will end dissatisied at each other... Lets assume all is ok: even just sending money overseas costs more (no paypal) than some plastics pieces. I rather stay wannabe, than cause anybody, me or he/she/they any harm, and loss of money.

Summa summarum: is there reputable shop selling these, anyone knows?
Old 05-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Way out West

Now if they arrive, theyre crushed (kids carrying mail cannot sleep if they do not hear that crush sound....)

Hey, I carry mail...
Old 05-10-2005, 01:04 PM

i never said i didnt give you credit for typing in a second language.
i just know youve said before that you type all funky for a reason. i just get sick of trying to decypher your text.

oh if you get insurance on the item, its covered if those pesky kids break it.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
... sick of trying to decypher your text. ...
"all funky for a reason."
- not so. Sometimes there is a reason. Can communicate on myriad languages; for those with only one, its impossible even to try to understand what a language is.
- Sickness is voluntary if it comes from reading; keep zipper closed, block me out like I will. Simple. Be Happy.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:51 AM

Where are ppl getting those Wade (I think thats what there called) clear corners?? The ones that match the E36's much better then the ebay crap..
Old 05-11-2005, 03:45 AM

the Wade are simply light covers, they do not make the clear corners. To get them to match with the e36s are a custom job, I forgot who did it, but it looks quite nice, (how about an update on progress?)
Old 05-11-2005, 02:46 PM

no progress to talk about.

Note: Wade covers aren't for the faint of heart.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:24 PM

da wade lookz good nice job on ur max definitely custom job on that one
Old 05-12-2005, 02:58 AM

FYI

Cause of may inquieries, asked and just got local stealership prices:
- orange bumperlenses 46€ about 60$ (pair?) from Holland warehouse
- EU Grille 294€ from japan (400$)

+ packing, shippin...

I suppose your local stealership may order those also directly... or maybe not: local catalog here did not recognize clear (US) bumpers lenses. And. There =here is no such thing as a maxima in a junkyard, so that option is out.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:19 AM

hey Wiking, if you want clear bumber lenses, I can get you a pair, I will inquire about the shipping, but the lenses themselves shouldn't cost more than 20 US dollars, don't know how much that is in euro. (and yes, I'm too lazy to use a converter.)

Real nice job on the wade covers there realgoon9, remember when you first started with the wrx tail light and people are shoving you down? lol If you have any future project in mind, good luck on it.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

i remember doing a GD for the UK guys on the clear bumper lenses. i sent out about 4-5 sets.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:54 AM

We need to get him to send us some of those tinted cornering lenses.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by therealgoon9
no progress to talk about.

Note: Wade covers aren't for the faint of heart.
Do you have a front view pic of your max??? Thats some hella nice customizing you did there!! Care to share some details about how you went about getting that so freakin clean looking!!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:17 AM

Yo real goon do you have a photo gallery somewhere. Those headlights look beautiful on the max.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
i remember doing a GD for the UK guys on the clear bumper lenses. i sent out about 4-5 sets.
1 pair is enough...
Old 05-12-2005, 09:51 AM

internetautomart sells the clear corners that are said to be the same as the courtesy ones.So better quality then the ebay ones and I think they are cheaper then the courtesy ones.

BJ white
Old 05-12-2005, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by MrSector9
internetautomart sells the clear corners that are said to be the same as the courtesy ones.So better quality then the ebay ones and I think they are cheaper then the courtesy ones.

BJ white
thks. Lets see if he will sell to me...
Old 05-12-2005, 10:56 AM
mod or sell?

thks. Lets see if he will sell to me...
sure, but shipping will kill ya
Old 05-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

are we talking about clear corners next to the headlight or clear turn signals in the bumper?
Old 05-12-2005, 11:02 AM

he means literally too! i got raped on shipping by him for dust boots and bolts! but his price still ended up being cheaper than anywhere else i could find it.

if you ship usps, it cant be that expensive....ive shipped stuff weighing more than bumper lenses across country for 11 bucks.

but clear corners or bumper lenses??
Old 05-12-2005, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
are we talking about clear corners next to the headlight or clear turn signals in the bumper?
My nice makeup suffers from the bumper carrots: white lenses would make a big difference...

Ugly ol eskimo with frozen carrot
Old 05-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by internetautomar
sure, but shipping will kill ya
Didn't you read my previous post?

Those things aren't very big and I am sure they weigh less than 4 pounds. You could wrap them in bubble wrap and send thim in a large Global Flat Rate envelope for $9.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:42 PM
mod or sell?

in sweden they charge an obscene tax rate so that's why relatively speaking shipping will kill him
Old 05-12-2005, 04:22 PM

Dam! Wiking has headlight wipers. Now there's a potential mod I've never seen discussed. I wonder how hard it'd be...
Old 05-12-2005, 05:14 PM

"all funky for a reason."
- not so. Sometimes there is a reason. Can communicate on myriad languages; for those with only one, its impossible even to try to understand what a language is.
- Sickness is voluntary if it comes from reading; keep zipper closed, block me out like I will. Simple. Be Happy.
Wo! wo! Take it easy, man. I am a non-native speaker of English myself. It is the 4th language I speak. So don't take any offense to this, but your posts are often littered with int'l English jargon that is tough for an outsider to decipher....much like some of the US-lingo might be tough for you to understand. Plus you abbreviate words and that makes it even harder.

Please don't make accusatory remarks like you did in the quoted message (bold). They don't help anyone. You and I know more than one language because that's just how it is in our home countries. I for one, at least, didn't have a choice. I don't hold it against my American friends! That would just be plain stupid.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
in sweden they charge an obscene tax rate so that's why relatively speaking shipping will kill him
If sending only lenses, the weight and thickness is minuscle: one light evelope, bypass customs. (FYI here is customs 6% plus VAT about 20%)

Me see no white lenses on your website, thereby no price, no buy...