3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Manual Climate Control to Auto Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 06:59 PM

Manual Climate Control to Auto Climate Control

Hey guys,

I have manual climate control in my max now. It works on fan 1 and 2 but i have to hold it between 3 and 4 for it to blow at 4's speed. sometimes it'll slip back to 2. it kinda sucks livin in houston and its gettin pretty hot. so i really depend on that high fan speed.

ANYWAYS...I've been to the junk yards around town and have noticed a lot of maxima's with the auto climate controls in them still. Would it be worth the time and effort to swap mine out for one of those? I've always wanted it.

If it doesn't work it's not a problem, but for the most part are they pretty reliable?
I've seen a couple posts sayin that the screen's have gone out. Does anyone have em that've worked pretty well?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by JAXMAX
Hey guys,

I have manual climate control in my max now. It works on fan 1 and 2 but i have to hold it between 3 and 4 for it to blow at 4's speed. sometimes it'll slip back to 2. it kinda sucks livin in houston and its gettin pretty hot. so i really depend on that high fan speed.

ANYWAYS...I've been to the junk yards around town and have noticed a lot of maxima's with the auto climate controls in them still. Would it be worth the time and effort to swap mine out for one of those? I've always wanted it.

If it doesn't work it's not a problem, but for the most part are they pretty reliable?
I've seen a couple posts sayin that the screen's have gone out. Does anyone have em that've worked pretty well?

Thanks in advance.

go for it. Read Craigs write up on his site...then read it a couple of more times. Then do the conversion. Craig's site is in the stickies.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by awsm66
go for it. Read Craigs write up on his site...Craig's site is in the stickies.
Thank you! Just what i wanted to see. I think i'm goin for it.