3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

New front cold intake system for 3rd gen

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 04:17 PM

take a look,its at arospeed.com called "front cold intake system,and is currently only made for the honda,and achonda please send an email to: Dallas@warpspeedperformance.com , and encourage him to make it if you are interested, Jasen
Old 05-17-2001, 04:20 PM

Who the hell would want that monstrocity of an intake? What a waste of money, materials, and engineering..
Old 05-17-2001, 04:23 PM

I think that the amount of air comeing in, and the colder air tempurature would be much more efficiant than under the wheel well
Old 05-17-2001, 04:23 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Hehe....

just a warning...guys at the track with REAL intercoolers will clown! some dude had one on his Civic last week at the "illegals"....some of the guys were clowing the hell outta him! IMO, it just seems like more weight than good!

Originally posted by bigjay
take a look,its at arospeed.com called "front cold intake system,and is currently only made for the honda,and achonda please send an email to: Dallas@warpspeedperformance.com , and encourage him to make it if you are interested, Jasen
Old 05-17-2001, 04:30 PM

I also have a cooler there and there is stil plenty of room under my facia, and what air is more efficiant than the air that is blowing right into the car? and much cooler than the wheel well, dallas dint think it was a bad idea and he is looking into it, i think he would of told me if it was rediculouse
Old 05-17-2001, 04:35 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

BTW, heres a pic....

I doubt the gains will be any significant over the standard CAI's. IMO, its more asthetic("fake" intercooler look) than actually geared towards performacne. plus you add more weight and a much farther length of tubing that the air has to travel to reach the MAF and eventually the TB.......BUT, if you wnat to use this thing why not just buy the one for the Civic, flip it 180 degrees(since our MAFs are on the opposite sides) and use your own custom piping to route it up to the MAF!? should be real easy to do, but it will look funky hanging off your front bumper.....
Old 05-17-2001, 04:41 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

not another one of those...
Old 05-17-2001, 04:45 PM

thanks for the pic, i couldnt figure it out, but i took up your concerns and emailed aero speed to see what they have to say about it seeing that they say nothing about it on there page and you also have to take into consideration that the faster you go the more air that is literally blasting your car with resistance air, when you could be shooting it into your engine for power instead of it slowing you down, i will let you know what they say when they get back to me so you can judge for yourself
Old 05-17-2001, 04:51 PM

The air can only go in and out so fast without being forced. The excess air will just roll off and create drag. Little to no gain over a fender CAI. Not to mention the turbulence of the air must be crazy..
Old 05-17-2001, 05:01 PM

that can be ajusted by the front plastic cover, you cut it to your needs, please read on it at arospeed.com
Old 05-17-2001, 05:06 PM

You don't understand, only so much air can fit in that tube and through that filter in a vacuum(what your engine is under). There definetly isn't enough air pressure to force it in(that would be a boost situation). So, only enough air as the engine needs will be sucked in and used.
Old 05-17-2001, 05:14 PM

Right, and i belive that the current cai's avaialable now dont max the limit of air needed, and i believe the temp will be much cooler, than the current app's, availalable
Old 05-17-2001, 05:31 PM

not another one of those?

I think that everyone is here for a common reason, to better there max and learn things, when you say ignorant things like that, i believe you are going againstthe reason everyone is here, i pitty your ignorance, i think every one want's to improve there max's to go faster, and more efficiant, always,constantly adding on and upgradeing, and if you dont try new things, you are not an enthusiest, more of a little girl. I accept critisism and objections but you a homo, sorry just my oppinion
Old 05-17-2001, 05:33 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Right, and i belive that the current cai's avaialable now dont max the limit of air needed, and i believe the temp will be much cooler, than the current app's, availalable
how much experience do you have with the current CAI's?....
Old 05-17-2001, 05:36 PM

Re: not another one of those?

I think that everyone is here for a common reason, to better there max and learn things, when you say ignorant things like that, i believe you are going againstthe reason everyone is here, i pitty your ignorance, i think every one want's to improve there max's to go faster, and more efficiant, always,constantly adding on and upgradeing, and if you dont try new things, you are not an enthusiest, more of a little girl. I accept critisism and objections but you a homo, sorry just my oppinion
I'm a homo, cuz your crappy ricer idea won't work? Go put some more super white lights on everything in your car and grow up.
Old 05-17-2001, 05:58 PM

?

How would you know it wont work? do you have one? do you work for aero speed? if you dont than i think your oppinion is invalid, and who is talking about lights? i think your confused i am sorry for you, everything will be ok,there are plenty of places for people in your condition, give your family my blessings
Old 05-17-2001, 06:02 PM

Re: ?

How would you know it wont work? do you have one? do you work for aero speed? if you dont than i think your oppinion is invalid, and who is talking about lights? i think your confused i am sorry for you, everything will be ok,there are plenty of places for people in your condition, give your family my blessings
Go ahead, spend the $300 or whatever to prototype and build one. When its done you get dyno figures for us, so we can all laugh at you. If you're so confident it will work, why don't you take off your hood and run no air filter. You'll have m4d HoRzEpOwAhZ, yO! And as for taking personal shots at people, come on man, at least say something that will hurt me a wee bit. Your **** is weak.. LOL
Old 05-17-2001, 06:25 PM

it ok dont feel threatened by me

im not trying to hurt you little man, and i think you should just wait to here it from a proffesional before you put it down, and if he doesnt like it so what it's an idea, you are a funny little man who thinks he is black YO!WORD UP YO! you sound like that other little girl, whats her name? ow ya vanilla ice, are you down with ice? ice ice ricey
Old 05-17-2001, 06:30 PM

Re: it ok dont feel threatened by me

im not trying to hurt you little man, and i think you should just wait to here it from a proffesional before you put it down, and if he doesnt like it so what it's an idea, you are a funny little man who thinks he is black YO!WORD UP YO! you sound like that other little girl, whats her name? ow ya vanilla ice, are you down with ice? ice ice ricey
Haha, you're a clown. Hehehehehe. How do you know I'm not black, and what does that have to do with anything anyways? Back up your information with solid facts and I might consider believing you. Anyways, you sound, and look like a clown to a lot of the people on this board(You should hear the people slam you on AIM). I don't have time for fun and games anyways, discussion over. You can answer Chris's question too, or is that to technical?

PS: Try Hooked on Phonics®. I hear that **** works well..
Old 05-17-2001, 06:36 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: it ok dont feel threatened by me

Just as an FYI mike has been around for a looooooooooooooooong time. He may come off with left field comments but he knows much about what he's talking about. Personal attacks (including racial remarks) aren't welcome. Yes new mod ideas are key to keeping the whole tuner/enthusiast going but once you bring little comments like yours in, no one is going to give a rat's *** about anything you have to say. So instead of posting like a newbie how about posting something substantial...
Old 05-17-2001, 06:38 PM

Re: Re: it ok dont feel threatened by me

You know you love the left field comments, Chris. Admit it, you love them
Old 05-17-2001, 06:40 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Re: Re: it ok dont feel threatened by me

Originally posted by Maximamike
You know you love the left field comments, Chris. Admit it, you love them
They ROCK!
Old 05-17-2001, 06:53 PM

Wheres Ngthing

Hey Ng, u hearing this stuff? Sounds like us a couple of days ago. I dont think we should comment on this....lol
Old 05-17-2001, 06:54 PM

Well my first experience was before they were available for our cars i took out the res (noise surpresser) and drilled a hole in the fender wall and ran extension out the well and removed the stock duct work. then when stillen came out with there's i bought it (not knowing much about it) and installed it and got some gain but was very unhappy with its inability to strech outside of the engine compartment, so i connected it to my pre fab old pipe going threw the well and poped the filter on it and it was great untill warpspeed came out with theres which i then purchased and now i think it could get better.
Old 05-17-2001, 07:09 PM

?

you want me to back these things up with facts? i clearly said that this was something that was brought to dallas's attn and he said he was interested in it and i sent him the information and anyone who was interested to talk to him to see what he has to say, your clearly of the subject, and yo and cuz? it sounds like your hooked on ebonics, and if you belive some one has something to say about me behind my back i wonder why they wouldnt say it to me and why behind my back? if people wanted to slam me i think they would do it on the board like you and mike
Old 05-17-2001, 07:11 PM

Those things don't do anything.
Honestly..you don't even need a CAI...the most efficient intake you can make is put a pop charger, and then cut a whole right beneath it in the fender...put some mesh grill there so leaves and **** like that doesn't hit the cone and you're done. that's probably the most efficient intake system you will ever have on a Maxima....I think/heard.
Old 05-17-2001, 07:12 PM

good info cris now practice what you preach

good to here you changed your ways from earlyer in this post
Old 05-17-2001, 07:15 PM

?

what happened a couple of days ago? i didnt find anything in the search about intake for a couple of days ago that is related or non related?
Old 05-17-2001, 07:17 PM

Re: good info cris now practice what you preach

I feel the love in here
Old 05-17-2001, 07:25 PM

please!!!

that thing would not ram anymore air into the intake pipe then the PR CAI! This is also coming from a guy who said NOPI had clear tails for us. I called twice now and even talked to the manager but not clear tails...only for 4th.
My 0.02!
Old 05-17-2001, 07:26 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: good info cris now practice what you preach

good to here you changed your ways from earlyer in this post
Do you read posts? I haven't gotten in between you and mike until my last post. So how did I change my ways? Talk about left field...
Old 05-17-2001, 07:54 PM

Re: Wheres Ngthing

Originally posted by lcali1
Hey Ng, u hearing this stuff? Sounds like us a couple of days ago. I dont think we should comment on this....lol
I'm reading . I was still ****ed at you, but when you got around to apologize even thou I was still slamming you, you gained some of my respect. Most people just keep on fighting...
Old 05-17-2001, 07:56 PM

Re: ?

what happened a couple of days ago? i didnt find anything in the search about intake for a couple of days ago that is related or non related?
It's HEAR not HERE.
Old 05-17-2001, 07:56 PM

ha ha you dink very funny

ok im not gonna dwell on this but i also have called numberouse times and i also have it listed in my nopi catalog, i dont care if you believe me or not and who knows if they really do have them, i dont care, but i did call and they did say they have it and thats all i said, if they dont, they ****ed up so what its not my fault it is obviously a reflexion of how they do business, and believe me when i saw it and called and asked to double check if they were instock and he said yes and when i got negative feedback i called again and they said they are in stock
Old 05-17-2001, 08:01 PM

Re: ha ha you dink very funny

"Dink"? Good choice of words, slick. Why don't you just email Jambo and ask to be banned?
Old 05-17-2001, 08:09 PM

also to be seriouse

I believe the question isnt antything to do with it raming more air, i believe it can definetly do that for the fact that there is way more airflow hitting your facia, than in your wheel well, plus it has a better flowing filter design than the current application, there for the air is no question cooler espesially when its hot you can feel the heat comeing off the brakes and engine threw the well and if you notice next time you guys park you car after a ride take note of the temp near your tires and fender well(but dont get to close it can be extremely hot), then feel the front of your car and you will feel no heat, i believe the real question is not if it can take in more air because it is capeable i believe, to actually take more air than is needed, which is why there is a plastic cover that can be drilled for max performance, to make sure the engine get's all the air it needs and also the coldest.
Old 05-17-2001, 08:12 PM

Do you really think all that warm air stays there when your car is moving?
Old 05-17-2001, 08:16 PM

sorry cris

i must of gotten you confused with someone else but what you said is what i have been saying, also ng thing i dont know why your mad i think you have me confused with someone else
Old 05-17-2001, 08:23 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Well.......

to end this whole thing, why don't you just prove us all worng and pop that thing on your Max and get some numbers! trust me you don't need WSP's help to do this. Just buy the one for the Civic, and connect it to the MAF with some custom piping and wallah! BTW your dyno numbers will not be impressive at all, its plain common sense why they won't since the car doens't move on the dyno. and remember you can cram all the air you wan't into that thing, but the piping inlet is still ONLY 2.5"! IMO and its been stated before you'll just be creating more drag and ressistance, so most likely on the dyno and at the track the gains will be rather minimal and far more costly than what its worth!
Old 05-17-2001, 08:28 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

And oh yeah....

if this is any consolation....I think this product was once available for the 4th gens a while ago under the name "FMIS".......kinda weird none of the 4th gen guys here have one and the company has since gone out of business.....

Quick Reply: New front cold intake system for 3rd gen