3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Update on my VE5spd!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 10:16 AM

Update on my VE5spd!

HUDs installed, pics will come later today! Need to find a damn digicam..
Craig I have a question on the HUD, the wires that get grounded to turn it on, if I put that on a switch will I have to turn on the HUD (by hitting the switch) everytime I get into my car? It's a little ghetto wired right now and I have to keep disconnected the wires to get the HUD to come on, is there a way I can get it to just come on with the car?

My black suede headliner/pillars is coming along nicely, I have everything done but the sunroof shade, C pillars (damn rust is holding the seatbelt nut in very nicely), and the visors. I also covered the rear deck!

My tint is laid out on my bed (ordered from ebay, laser-cut for the max), 35% front, 15% back, need to take the old tint off...

I visited the junkyard last week in STL, got some stuff, almost had a sunroof deflector thingie (goes before the sunroof on the outside) but as I had it halfway off my friend decided to **** with it and it snapped in half, i love my friends, also got a turn signal, hazard switch (turn signals work yayy), dummy switch, power/comfort switch (still need another one, going to use it as an amp turn on/off switch but disected it to get it to work right, caleb claims I can have his). Funny thing about the junkyard was that everytime I've gone before it's all GXEs or VG SEs, this time there were 3 SEs, and 1 was a VE5spd! Also saw the first brown interior, and the black A, B, and C pillars that come on the 89-91 SEs, anyway pics will be up later so you all can drool!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

good job on the HUD

if your talking about speedway in east stl there "was" a VE5 if you didnt knotice the missing trans which no longer has a 3rd gear hhaha

if you are talking about a different yard that still has a complete ve5 let me know which one please so i can go canabalize it of the "nassesities"
Old 06-14-2005, 10:54 AM

thats pretty cool. id love to have a heads up display. on the switch, just get a switch from parts store and hook it up to it or you could have tapped into the access. power so it would turn on when the key was turned.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by subs1000w
good job on the HUD

if your talking about speedway in east stl there "was" a VE5 if you didnt knotice the missing trans which no longer has a 3rd gear hhaha

if you are talking about a different yard that still has a complete ve5 let me know which one please so i can go canabalize it of the "nassesities"
U-Wrench-It
Old 06-14-2005, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by DMad8724
U-Wrench-It
man ive never seen a ve/anyhting at u-w-i was the 5spd trans still there i might head over there in a few days thanks for the tip
Old 06-14-2005, 03:34 PM

HUDs installed, pics will come later today! Need to find a damn digicam..
Craig I have a question on the HUD, the wires that get grounded to turn it on, if I put that on a switch will I have to turn on the HUD (by hitting the switch) everytime I get into my car? It's a little ghetto wired right now and I have to keep disconnected the wires to get the HUD to come on, is there a way I can get it to just come on with the car?
No, the hud switch is just a toggle switch that rests in the no contact position. Turn the switch on one time and it'll come on every time you start the car until you hit the switch again and then it'll stay off until you hit the switch.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by «§»Craig B«§»
No, the hud switch is just a toggle switch that rests in the no contact position. Turn the switch on one time and it'll come on every time you start the car until you hit the switch again and then it'll stay off until you hit the switch.
Blah that's still not how to fix my problem, its wierd, but as I'm writing this now I think theres nothing wrong with it? damnit im so confused? ill post tomorrow as I do it and tell you how it works

Craig I'm also trying to hook up my amp remote switch, to a power/comfort switch, I want on comfort it to be just the speakers (hooked to my speaker amp), on a/t have both speakers and sub playing, and on power just my sub i know ill have to have at least one relay, but might need another one, and was wondering if youve ever looked into that specific switch, let me know
Old 06-14-2005, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by subs1000w
man ive never seen a ve/anyhting at u-w-i was the 5spd trans still there i might head over there in a few days thanks for the tip
looked to me liked everything was there, think it was a pearl white, i was trying to get the sunroof deflector off of it.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:48 AM
mod or sell?

Blah that's still not how to fix my problem, its wierd, but as I'm writing this now I think theres nothing wrong with it? damnit im so confused? ill post tomorrow as I do it and tell you how it works

Craig I'm also trying to hook up my amp remote switch, to a power/comfort switch, I want on comfort it to be just the speakers (hooked to my speaker amp), on a/t have both speakers and sub playing, and on power just my sub i know ill have to have at least one relay, but might need another one, and was wondering if youve ever looked into that specific switch, let me know
the comfort/power switch only has 2 positions the middle one connects nothing
Old 06-15-2005, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
the comfort/power switch only has 2 positions the middle one connects nothing
wrong, kinda. ive been looking at mine, i ripped open the switch, and connected the 2 leads of the bulb that's in the switch (A/T), so I was gonna have the speaker amp remote wire hooked up to that one (itll be on all the time) and use a relay to shut it off in the 'power' position, since ill want the speakers on in comfort and in a/t positions, but i still think i need another relay