3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Ol Faithfuul?! Radiator.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 09:13 PM

Ol Faithfuul?! Radiator.....

Sup fellas...today my girl brings my car back....water shooting from the radiator.......yea. NOw I work on my old chevy all day , but wanted to know if anyone else had this same ****. Heat shopt up pretty good...she caught it early "daddy taught her well"/./.is this just a thermostat isuue? This is where I'm gonna start...oil looks fine, no water contamination, or vice versa..no leaks on radiator or block. So thermostat? Anything I need to knw while changing this thing?
Thanks kids,
Jav
Old 06-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

the maxima is not one to overheat easily. if its gushing like that something is straight broken. i dont know much but it would seem to me that its the thermostat not opening or the water pump not running. the water pump is harder to get to on the VG and more expensive than the t-stat. so start with the thermostat.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Artwistj
...no leaks on radiator or block. ...
...check also:
- Heater core is known to leak. Toasts TCU&ECU.
- Air bubbles: Bleeding is NOT effortless, see stickies.

Educate uself with V6 cooling circ:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/8
Old 06-20-2005, 07:11 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Artwistj
Sup fellas...today my girl brings my car back....water shooting from the radiator.......yea. NOw I work on my old chevy all day , but wanted to know if anyone else had this same ****. Heat shopt up pretty good...she caught it early "daddy taught her well"/./.is this just a thermostat isuue? This is where I'm gonna start...oil looks fine, no water contamination, or vice versa..no leaks on radiator or block. So thermostat? Anything I need to knw while changing this thing?
Thanks kids,
Jav
where was the water coming from?