3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Some scumbag stole my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:59 AM

Some scumbag stole my MAX!!!

Well, this weekend I discovered that someone tried to break into my car at some point...I'm not even sure when it was since some times I won't even see my car for several days at a time (I hardly ever drive during the week and park on the street) My passenger side handle was messed up like someone tried to pry it open with a big screwdriver or a crowbar. And I didn't even notice until I was in Manhattan at a friends house and ran out to my car to grab something from the passenger side. I looked down at the passenger side door and it was all screwed up. So, needless to say I was insta-pissed!!! I figured out that it happened in my neighborhood b/c a friend of mine noticed the door when I picked him up in Manhattan befire I parked anywhere else. Yet he said nothing b/c he assumed I already knew about it. So, I made a police report.

And then last night they came and finished the job. I went to walk my dog first thing in the morning and took a route past my car (just to make sure my baby was ok) And a black BMW was parked in the spot where I parked yesterday. So, I made another police report this morning. NYPD came and talked to me this morning, the cops were pretty nice and told me there is a problem with cars getting stolen in my neighborhood (which I could have told you since I always see broken auto glass laying on the sidewalk). And to make matters worse I don't have comprehensive on my insurance...so my car is basically a total loss. And I only had the car for about 6 months.
I just know there going to find it in a week of 2 all stripped out sitting on blocks.

My Max was essentially stock, minus the stereo/speakers and the 4th gen wheels. I did however just order last week a full Warp Speed exhaust and a Blehmco Rear Strut Bar, both of which I cancelled today. Anyway, here's a tribute...

So, if anyone in the tri-state area is reading this please keep this in mind when your in traffic and keep a watch out. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:10 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Aaarrrggh... boy its been a bad summer for the 3rd gen. group.....First jeff,then phasta crashed,now you......Makes me glad i live in a small town....you can still leave your doors unlocked here....Not that i do that though....sorry to here it man...I hate thiefs.....
Old 09-26-2005, 09:17 AM

Yeah this totally screwed up my morning. I was walking my dog and was like "I swear I parked RIGHT THERE. Didn't I?" You just expect your car to be right there...and it just isn't.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Banned

that sucks man im sorry to hear that, just keep that hope that maybe they'll find it in driveable condition
Old 09-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

ugh that feeling sucks big time.

did you have an alarm on it? i'm sure they took it for parts since it's clean and all stock.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:34 AM

No, sadly no alarm...I really didn't think someone would screw with a 15 year old Maxima.
Guess I was wrong.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:38 AM
I miss my VE

Damn.. Hope everything works out man. Anything in specific to watch out for if maybe I see it around? Didn't happen in Brooklyn did it? Good luck.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:39 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Are you going to try to find another 3rd gen.?????
Old 09-26-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm needing a caw

Welcome to the club. Sorry to hear that. Especially when you don't have full coverage.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:50 AM

Joe Fontinyatz: Things to notice are the almost limo black tint on the rear windows on no tint on the front (it was like that when I bought it). It also has a hole in the muffler which has gotten pretty loud recently, which is part of the reason I was buying a full exhaust. It was stolen in Queens.

MyGreenMax94: I may get another 3rd Gen... It's so hard to find a nice clean older car like that around here. So, I may buy a newer car. Who knows?! It's not something I'm thinking about right now since I don't need a car to get around. I live 1 block from the subway.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:51 AM

im in nasau county , if i see your max buzzing around imma beat someones @$$ , hopefully everything works out and you find/get it bck in good shape , goodluck man sorry to hear
Old 09-26-2005, 09:55 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by LuckyNYC
MyGreenMax94: I may get another 3rd Gen... It's so hard to find a nice clean older car like that around here. So, I may buy a newer car. Who knows?! It's not something I'm thinking about right now since I don't need a car to get around. I live 1 block from the subway.
I just looked at auto trader for your general area and there is some nice ones for sale on there...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...0001&x=110&y=6
Old 09-26-2005, 11:37 AM

that sucks. its really sad to hear bout our 11-16 year old cars getting stolen.

hope you can get it back....
Old 09-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's crazy they wanted it that much that they started, couldn't get in, waited a couple of days, then came back for it! If you can find another Max, you could park it outside, and wait in the bushes with a "Justice Stick" or some other blunt instrument.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:01 PM

Truth be told, I'm not as angry as I thought I'd be (maybe it hasn't hit me yet). I mostly just feel sorry for the guy(s) who took my car. What a winner.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:36 PM

What part of NYC was it taken from? If this makes you feel any better I had my '91 stolen in brooklyn and I thought that was the end of it. But a week later I found it about a mile away from my house. Almost 100%. They took my radio - aftermarket which was only 2 weeks old - battery, radar detector, and some cd's and random stuff. But I got back the car pretty much complete. And mine was also in really nice condition.

They were able to steal it because they key cylinders were worn and any nissan key worked in it. I found this out after I got it back and tried my other maxima key in it. But since they had a key they didnt break the window and the ignition!

So dont give up hope!!
Old 09-26-2005, 12:48 PM

It was taken from Queens.
Hopefully, the do find the car in decent condition...but I'm not getting my hopes up.
So, did you actually find the car yourself?
Old 09-26-2005, 12:55 PM

I went to the city website to check if my car had any parking tickets when it was stolen.

Link

And I got a ticket for alternate side parking, and it has the address where the car got the ticket. I drove down there and the car was sitting and waiting for me. It was the first time I was happy for getting a parking ticket!
Old 09-26-2005, 12:58 PM

Really good idea!
I didn't think of that.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:35 PM

Sorry to hear, just wondering were in NY? How was the condition when you got it back?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by jigga123
Sorry to hear, just wondering were in NY? How was the condition when you got it back?
It was taken from Forest Hills, Queens.

It was just stolen last night...I haven't gotten it back.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:03 PM
mod or sell?

when you get it back it'll look something like this:
Old 09-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

really sorry to hear man. considering your condition, you may need to make a name change.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:37 PM

i doubt ill see it, but ill keep an eye out. 3rd gens with 4 gen whels are pretty rare around me, sorry aout the car man
Old 09-26-2005, 06:39 PM

I hope you learnerd your lesson.

Nxt time go over the basic anti-theft check list.

1. Very good LOUD alarm.
2. Engine kill switch.
3. Shave door handles and eliminate any links that are prone to the jimmy stick.

--------------------------

I'm sorry though man......
Old 09-27-2005, 12:54 AM

from experiance i can tell you to spend the extra money on a alarm and get a paging system alarm. i put a Compustar on my max and it is the only thing that kept my stereo from getting jack or the whole car. alarm went off, than pager woke up my roomate he woke me then me and my roomate went off to get those little bastards. They only busted a quarter window but it could have been much worse. I have no remorse for a thief so if you can catch em Lynch em!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should have seen the look on those 2 little bastards as my roomate ran after them with a Katana. For some odd reson no else in my complex had had there car broke into lateily around my apartment. HMMM wonder why. It didn't hurt when my friend and me clear said what we'd do if we caught them again. Somthing to cosider everyone. Plus if you spring for the top model the SS model (short spectrum) it has like up to 3 mile range it also cost about 6 to $700 depending on retailer i giot the FM model and it has about 1/4 mile range and i spent $350 installed. to be honest this alarm is great it has remote start, keless entry, and about every other bell and whistle you would need

Old 09-27-2005, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Welcome to the club. Sorry to hear that. Especially when you don't have full coverage.
you don't need full coverage for theft, you need theft. sorry about the car lucky.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:36 AM
CHM

This is why God gave us handguns. Shoot the bastards!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:45 AM
Way out West

Originally Posted by LuckyNYC
No, sadly no alarm...I really didn't think someone would screw with a 15 year old Maxima.
Guess I was wrong.
Sorry about your car. There are flucktards out there that will steal anything and everything just to make a couple of dollars or get a free ride.

When I was in college, someone stole my buddy's 1979 Datsun 210. The car was clean and ran good, but it was still only worth a few hundred bucks. It was locked and parked at an apartment complex. A friend of my brother had his old Toyota truck (like 1981) stolen for a joyride from in front of my brother's house. The cops found it a few months later -- driven into the Columbia River at a boat launch. They didn't take anything out of it, just ruined the truck.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
when you get it back it'll look something like this:
Brian, I HAVE to know...how much did you have in parking tickets? That's pretty extreme when you would rather strip your car than pay off some tickets. Also, is there onewheel left on the other side with a boot on? That would be a nice pic! Have a lot of random parts been taken other than what you stripped?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:31 PM
mod or sell?

$1500 worth if parking tickets. Both left wheels were left on (traffic side on main street)
Lots of stuff was taken off most of the interior got pulled.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:24 PM

Sorry to hear about your car, LuckyNYC. You've got someone here in the Bronx with their eyes open for you.

Originally Posted by therealgoon9
3. Shave door handles and eliminate any links that are prone to the jimmy stick.
I understood 1 and 2, but how exactly does one go about doing this? Is there are write-up somewhere?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
$1500 worth if parking tickets. Both left wheels were left on (traffic side on main street)
Lots of stuff was taken off most of the interior got pulled.
In that pic, your car is sitting completely stripped in a no parking/tow zone waiting to be towed.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:57 AM
mod or sell?

it's actually legally parked there.
I almost never park illegally.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Lives in a Maxima

key word: almost

$1500 in fines doesn't just come out of nowhere...
Old 09-28-2005, 12:06 PM

Probably wouldn't work with REAL cops, but at school I have my real plate with magnets on the back. Random plate is underneath. Whenever I go to class I pull it off an throw it under my seat. They can't expect me to walk to class in winter when there's 10 feet of snow on the ground.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:59 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by redSeraph
key word: almost

$1500 in fines doesn't just come out of nowhere...
they were ALL for 2 offenses. no city sticker, no parking permit
none were for stuff like parking in front of a hyfrant, blocking a sidewalk etc...
Old 09-28-2005, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by maxitech
Probably wouldn't work with REAL cops, but at school I have my real plate with magnets on the back. Random plate is underneath. Whenever I go to class I pull it off an throw it under my seat. They can't expect me to walk to class in winter when there's 10 feet of snow on the ground.
so they are writing out tickets for a fake lisence plate.. wouldn;t they note the vin after you dont pay anything haha , but thats a sweet idea.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:00 PM

Hasn't gotten back to me yet
Old 10-05-2005, 05:54 PM

I found your car!!!

Hey dude your not gonna believe this but I know where your car is! It is at 359 HENDRIX ST in Brooklyn. You got a ticket for alternate side parking on 9/29/05 at 9:30 am. Hopefully it is still there!!

Quick Reply: Some scumbag stole my car!!!