3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Changed the injectors this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 08:02 AM

Changed the injectors this weekend

This was a fairly easy job just a little time consuming but well worth it now my max runs great and all my hesitation is gone!!!!

Just a little thanks to all members for all the info that can be found out here.

A guy in my neighborhood has a 93 gxe and was interested what I was doing now I may be getting him hooked on the .org!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by str8max
This was a fairly easy job just a little time consuming but well worth it now my max runs great and all my hesitation is gone!!!!

Just a little thanks to all members for all the info that can be found out here.

A guy in my neighborhood has a 93 gxe and was interested what I was doing now I may be getting him hooked on the .org!
Hmmm what kinda hesitation? the one where you step on the pedal and takes like 2 seconds to react kinda hesitation? or the one where it just...i dont know..seems to be "RPMing" but not pulling kinda like...? hope you know what I mean.

Its good that you changed your injectors, since you changed em yourself how much did the entire change cost you?
Old 10-03-2005, 11:43 PM
I miss my VE

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Hmmm what kinda hesitation? the one where you step on the pedal and takes like 2 seconds to react kinda hesitation? or the one where it just...i dont know..seems to be "RPMing" but not pulling kinda like...? hope you know what I mean.

Its good that you changed your injectors, since you changed em yourself how much did the entire change cost you?
Basically when an injectors goes bad, you get a moderate amount of performance loss coupled with rough shaky idle and a "putt putt" coming from your exhaust. Also can sound like a muscle car at times if enough have gone bad. The more injectors go bad, the more the performance loss, rough idle, "putt putt", etc. A 3rd gen common. If you don't have any info on when your injectors have been replaced and your around 100k miles, expect to have them go bad.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:40 AM

dammit, sounds like I might need one or two new injectors. I'm going to the shop tomorrow, they're gonna check my injectors and replace a screw on the manifold or something like that..new exhaust but sounds loud cuz of broken screw.

Anyone know a where I can get cheap injectors...I already checked at Murray's and they said it was 134.99 and 165.99 for the green ones. Are there any injectors that offer better perfomance than the oem required ones?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:22 AM
I miss my VE

dammit, sounds like I might need one or two new injectors. I'm going to the shop tomorrow, they're gonna check my injectors and replace a screw on the manifold or something like that..new exhaust but sounds loud cuz of broken screw.

Anyone know a where I can get cheap injectors...I already checked at Murray's and they said it was 134.99 and 165.99 for the green ones. Are there any injectors that offer better perfomance than the oem required ones?
Don't really know about the colors, but what I do know is that go for OEM injectors only. The 40 dollar rebuilds don't last very long from what I hear. If your keepin the car, go for OEM, but you'll find they are close to a 100 bucks a pop.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:52 AM

oem injectors are better then the remanufactured ones.

they have a short life span,

i already had one injectors replaced once.

the remanufactured injector was gone after a year or so,

so don't buy remanufactured one,

either go with used or new if you can afford it,
Old 10-04-2005, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by maximagxe90
oem injectors are better then the remanufactured ones.

they have a short life span,

i already had one injectors replaced once.

the remanufactured injector was gone after a year or so,

so don't buy remanufactured one,

either go with used or new if you can afford it,
Hey I didnt mean like remanufactured ones..I mean like are there any better than oem that add performance. I wouldn't want to spend all that time on it for something that isnt worth it. I would rather put new ones in than rrebuilt
Old 10-06-2005, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
still haven't learned to check out my site yet
lol wat site? im not aware of your site. oh by the way i left you a pm about the keys for that booted maxi, do you still have em?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:50 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

lol wat site? im not aware of your site. oh by the way i left you a pm about the keys for that booted maxi, do you still have em?

Here is his site....http://internetautomart.com/
Old 10-06-2005, 11:02 AM

nope, I lost 1 key a couple of weeks before that and I was using the "spare" key. I then left that key in the ignition along with the title in the glovebox when they took it.
the key code was in the glovebox too.
Just pull the lock cylinder and either swap with your old one or have the new one rekeyed.

If you're thinking i put your door on my car i didnt, its just that the lock cylinder on my car was broken on one side so it wouldn;t let the door open from outside, so had to replace it, but i still have my original whte door on.
thanks
Old 10-06-2005, 07:35 PM

Anyone know a where I can get cheap injectors...I already checked at Murray's and they said it was 134.99 and 165.99 for the green ones.
cheapest I've found is $84.83 ea from www.nissanparts.org for new genuine nissan injectors

OR

for not much more get them through internetautomart and thank him for all the free advice he's given everyone on this forum. He's saved lots of us $$ .
Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by TommyT
cheapest I've found is $84.83 ea from www.nissanparts.org for new genuine nissan injectors

OR

for not much more get them through internetautomart and thank him for all the free advice he's given everyone on this forum. He's saved lots of us $$ .
Thanks for the site, they are cheaper than most other places but its not at 84.83 as you saw them. its showing me 113.10 each..are you looking at them with some sort of discount?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:22 AM

91 has different injectors than 93, so that may be the price disparity.
of course I can probably match that price and ou can get them same day
You can match to $85 per injector for my 93? I'm interested so far..what kind?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:41 PM

I'll only sell the bosch which is the OE injector.
I need to know which color dot your injectors have before I can go solid on the price.

But don't worry I'll hook you up

sExcellent ...i mean Excellent
Old 10-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Lives in a Maxima

just to throw my $0.02 at you... If you're worried about your gas mileage so much, i wouldn't recommend performance (read: larger port) injectors.

Yes, you'll pick up a bit because you're pushing more fuel in, but you won't get that 29-30MPG highway you're looking for.

Now have my pennies flung at your head
Old 10-07-2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by redSeraph
just to throw my $0.02 at you... If you're worried about your gas mileage so much, i wouldn't recommend performance (read: larger port) injectors.

Yes, you'll pick up a bit because you're pushing more fuel in, but you won't get that 29-30MPG highway you're looking for.

Now have my pennies flung at your head
I know I said that, thats what I expect with OEM..now if I put in bigger/performance injectors they better make up in power for what I lose in MPG. I still want at least 17mpg
Old 10-08-2005, 05:08 AM

What injectors did you replace them with? I went to the yard and pulled a complete set with the fuel rail on a wrecked GXE with only 89k. Car has been running great so far a year later, and I use Techron every oil change just to flush the fuel system out.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:44 AM

i picked up a set on ebay with fuel rail for about $100 shipped and i have had no problems with them. i did come accross a set on ebay that were NIZMO and were had much more flow tha OEM but they were for a VG30DE i have a VG30E. Not saying that they still might be on there but thought I'd let you knowe they exsist.
By the i haven't heard exactly why but every Machanic i spoke said do not mix and match if you are going to use siffrent color than stock use all the same. The ones i have on it now are blue top. Have no idea what that means but they work thats all i know
by the way any know what the diffrence is?
Old 10-09-2005, 10:29 AM

I've got at least three good used side-feed pink plastic top (no paint mark) injectors from my '89 GXE. No breaks in their plastic pintle tips and they ohm'ed out OK at 13 ohms each. The car ran great with them, very smooth idle and got 24mpg (automatic tranny VG). If anyone's interested in them, could be a cheap way of getting your max working well again on the cheap by replacing bad injectors with good used, make me an offer.

Installation tips: With any good used injector, to make it last, I'd recommend cleaning out their screens with some kind of mega-solvent while they are removed from the fuel rail. I found that indeed their screens can varnish up (you can test it by sealing with lips and trying to blow through it with your mouth... not a good taste though I know ), restricting the flow of the fuel through them sideway as it circulates through the fuel rail, and cause them to run hot and the coils to burn out. Be very careful not to put force on the plastic pintle tips when removing. I found a 10mm deep-well socket worked well to press them out.

Replace the 7" total of fuel injection hose with new while you've got the rails out, to ensure it doesn't leak. Be very careful not to drop the rail fastening hardware when removing it (there are 4 - repeat, FOUR! - plastic&steel washers per rail mounting bolt). Dropping a non-magnetic plastic washer into the intake port would really suck, as you couldn't use a magnet on a stick to fish it out! Stuff some paper towels into your open intake ports before removing your fuel rail mounts for some safety against this. Clean the bore in the fuel rails very thoroughly so the o-rings slide and seal against only clean metal. Using some grease (lithium or synthetic variety that is known not to attack rubber) on the OD of the injector o-rings will make the injectors go in very smoothly by hand. After installing your injectors in the rail but before installing the rail in the intake manifold, check your injectors for dripping by hooking up the fuel lines and cycling the key to the pre-start position, listen for the fuel pump to work, after a little bit turn it back off, and repeat until you don't hear fuel pump come on any more. Then wipe the tips of each injectors with a paper towel to verify no fuel came out. If there is any fuel leak, you must determine where it's coming from (injector tip or o-ring most likely) and fix it. Hope this helps... good luck!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:49 PM

My used injectors are now up on e-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8006253489