3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Finally took pics of the max

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Finally took pics of the max

Hey I know I told some of you I would post pics long time ago but I just finally got ahold of a camera. Yes its stock but I guess some people might still wanna see it. Hope I can post the link here..

http://spaces.msn.com/members/ColombianMax/
Old 10-19-2005, 09:54 AM

hey,

pretty nice there,
Old 10-19-2005, 12:36 PM

bahahaha i saw the battery and i was like wait thats for a boat.....then the caption said marine battery (ghetto) thats classic
Old 10-19-2005, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
bahahaha i saw the battery and i was like wait thats for a boat.....then the caption said marine battery (ghetto) thats classic
lol thats what I said when I found out it was a boat battery, the previous owner says it was in the car when he got it, so thats 5 years.

Hey tripleG how much was the total for the fabrication of your headlamps?

thanks maximagxe90
Old 10-19-2005, 01:04 PM

ok lets see

prices may very for you of course.

$65 oem e36 stock bimmer headlights
$80 for 2 9005, 2 9006 bulbs and 4 connections.
$0.40 for sheet metal
$5 for jb weld
$60 for maxima headlight covers.

i used a dremel and my dad had one of those, it was mighty handy. a lot of hours of labor probably 20+ easily just to get them flush and aimed right and everything. i wasnt trying to mess anything up. i think thas all I bought. its not for the faint at heart to get them flush, but as soon as i get my euro corners it will look 100 times better and ill be happier.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I would like to post some pics of my car sometime soon...What is the best (quickest, easiest) site to set up an account on? Or does someone want to host them for me?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice car, buy some gas.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:21 PM

ok lets see

prices may very for you of course.

$65 oem e36 stock bimmer headlights
$80 for 2 9005, 2 9006 bulbs and 4 connections.
$0.40 for sheet metal
$5 for jb weld
$60 for maxima headlight covers.

i used a dremel and my dad had one of those, it was mighty handy. a lot of hours of labor probably 20+ easily just to get them flush and aimed right and everything. i wasnt trying to mess anything up. i think thas all I bought. its not for the faint at heart to get them flush, but as soon as i get my euro corners it will look 100 times better and ill be happier.
I respect all the time you put in, I wish I knew how to do that so I could do it..but then again my gf keeps tellin me not to cuz its "trying too hard" dont know why but she rather me get HID, honestly I wouldn't mind either one but at this moment I really want HID as it drastically improves visibility from the cars I've been on with it.
You wouldn't know where to find HID for our gen would you or any of you?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by bhunter
Nice car, buy some gas.
Hey! I was going to mention that.

Got yourself a project there man. Ive had enough with my maxima cause i cant offroad in it.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:33 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by maxitech
I would like to post some pics of my car sometime soon...What is the best (quickest, easiest) site to set up an account on? Or does someone want to host them for me?

Go to http://imageshack.us/ or http://www.imagebulk.com/index.php

Set up an acct with them then start posting...They are free...
Old 10-19-2005, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
I respect all the time you put in, I wish I knew how to do that so I could do it..but then again my gf keeps tellin me not to cuz its "trying too hard" dont know why but she rather me get HID, honestly I wouldn't mind either one but at this moment I really want HID as it drastically improves visibility from the cars I've been on with it.
You wouldn't know where to find HID for our gen would you or any of you?
thanks i appreciate it.

you could go both projectors and hid, that would rock!! or you could just upgrade to 9006 in your current headlights....save a lot of money and get brighter output. hid in the stock headlights doesnt look all that great, its mostly a blurb. but hey do what you want. you might get pulled over for blinding on coming traffic too.

just keep it clean, thats the main thing.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:24 PM

thanks i appreciate it.

you could go both projectors and hid, that would rock!! or you could just upgrade to 9006 in your current headlights....save a lot of money and get brighter output. hid in the stock headlights doesnt look all that great, its mostly a blurb. but hey do what you want. you might get pulled over for blinding on coming traffic too.

hey is 9006 that real white light that a lot of people confuse for HID on ebay? also do you know where I can get projectors? lol
Old 10-19-2005, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by maxitech

Just use what I used, it has 30mb of free space..I just got it last night and seems to be pretty cool
Old 10-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

avoid posing next time
Old 10-19-2005, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chris91SE
avoid posing next time
whatchu talking about? that was a sexy pose
Old 10-20-2005, 01:00 AM
I miss my VE

Nice & stock. First car?
I'd get rid of the old school centerpeice lens though. Not matchin up real well with the 93' tails.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Fontinyatz
Nice & stock. First car?
I'd get rid of the old school centerpeice lens though. Not matchin up real well with the 93' tails.
Thanks, I dont plan on keeping it stock, just wanna get everything working at peak performance before I throw in some bolt ons

That rear panel that says Maxima on it? if thats what you're talking about..I already got a black SE one waiting, I just need the 35 bucks to pay it lol

My first Maxima but not my first car, more like my 5th..and best so far lol
Old 10-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Im izz sexay

thanks i appreciate it.

9007 headlights. 9006 isn't bifilament. I suggest avoid using HIDs in stock headlights solely because they scatter the light around and you won't get what you pay for. Upgrade you stockers to e36 then get HIDs. When I upgraded my Headlights to dual cefiro projectors the outcome was badass. Now since I drive a sunbird I am putting the cefio's in there and converting the cefiro's to HIDs by retrofitting the Lows and getting H3c for the highs.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:31 PM
I miss my VE

Thanks, I dont plan on keeping it stock, just wanna get everything working at peak performance before I throw in some bolt ons

That rear panel that says Maxima on it? if thats what you're talking about..I already got a black SE one waiting, I just need the 35 bucks to pay it lol

My first Maxima but not my first car, more like my 5th..and best so far lol
Hm, thats cool. But don't know if the SE one is what you want since your GXE tails are chrome trimmed and the SE centerpeice lens that your getting is black trimmed.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:40 PM

Who's the dope leanin on the car???
Old 10-20-2005, 06:40 PM

Hm, thats cool. But don't know if the SE one is what you want since your GXE tails are chrome trimmed and the SE centerpeice lens that your getting is black trimmed.
So what other options do I have? since you said you would remove the old centerpiece
Old 10-20-2005, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by therealgoon9
Who's the dope leanin on the car???
that would be the cars daddy
Old 10-21-2005, 06:47 AM
Im izz sexay

So what other options do I have? since you said you would remove the old centerpiece
You can always do what shavedmax did awhile back and paint the silver trim black, takes like 10 minutes.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:54 PM
I miss my VE

The old centerpeice doesn't belong on that car. It's off a 89-91 GXE. You have a 93 GXE with 92-94 GXE tails, get my drift? Notice how the bottom part doesn't match up with the bottom part of the tails?

Edit: Anybody elses PC horribly crash everytime you exit that site where the pics are?
Old 10-21-2005, 01:45 PM

The old centerpeice doesn't belong on that car. It's off a 89-91 GXE. You have a 93 GXE with 92-94 GXE tails, get my drift? Notice how the bottom part doesn't match up with the bottom part of the tails?

Edit: Anybody elses PC horribly crash everytime you exit that site where the pics are?

oo I see, dude I didnt even notice that until you brought it up. lol could that be the reason why it sticks out and not flat in?

What do you guys say, should I get that black SE centerpiece and paint trim black to match or get 92-94 GXE red centerpiece?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by VG Ridah
9007 headlights. 9006 isn't bifilament.
whoopsie, i meant 9007
Old 10-21-2005, 04:01 PM
I miss my VE

Just go for the 92-94 GXE centerpeice in good condition from a junkyard. Shouldn't be too expensive, cause the SE your getting is black trimmed, and it won't match that well either. Unless you wanna get two other SE tails to match with that new SE centerpeice your getting, it would look alot nicer overall.

This is how it should look...
Old 10-21-2005, 04:34 PM

Just go for the 92-94 GXE centerpeice in good condition from a junkyard. Shouldn't be too expensive, cause the SE your getting is black trimmed, and it won't match that well either. Unless you wanna get two other SE tails to match with that new SE centerpeice your getting, it would look alot nicer overall.

This is how it should look...
I was at the JY yesterday and there was only like 3-4 SEs no other 3rd gens..so its gonna be a lil hard, the centerpiece alone is 25 bucks which isnt too bad. tail light assembly is $35 bucks making it 95 bucks for all SE tail lighting
Old 10-21-2005, 10:27 PM
I miss my VE

I was at the JY yesterday and there was only like 3-4 SEs no other 3rd gens..so its gonna be a lil hard, the centerpiece alone is 25 bucks which isnt too bad. tail light assembly is $35 bucks making it 95 bucks for all SE tail lighting
Then just go for the GXE centerpeice. Alot cheaper. Trust me, it's not hard to find. Try a different JY. There are more GXEs out there then SEs.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:41 PM

Then just go for the GXE centerpeice. Alot cheaper. Trust me, it's not hard to find. Try a different JY. There are more GXEs out there then SEs.

I will be going to other JYs but I have to disagree on the GXE being more in JYs than SE..I have a friend that works at the JY and he says he only sees SEs and very rarely GXEs, and the JY he works in isnt the one I was at looking for stuff. Perhaps in Chicago the SEs are the ones with bad luck and end up at the junk yard, probably Internetautomart would know since he lives in chicago too

If I cant find GXE centerpiece I'll just get the whole back set from an SE, but at this moment I could careless about the way it looks. For now my main concern is fixin the engine and stuff since I think I might need injectors, new o2 sensor, catalytic, tranny flush and some other basic stuff then I'll take care of appearence.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:53 PM
mod or sell?

screw it, just paint the center piece body color.
it does come out pretty nice