3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 07:19 PM

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is my problem i have a 94 gxe with the keyless entry. it worked for about a year then stopped. ever since i can't lock my doors do to the fact that the alarm goes off luckly i was abble to shut off the alarm when it happened. my new problem is that when the alarm is set or going off it dissables the starter. now hear is where it gets fun the car thinks the alarm is set. there for the starter is dissabled and i can't put the code in my keyless entry to dissable the alarm . i was wondering is there a wire that i can dissconect on the starter to get my car going again. other wise this problem will be the end of my max. so if any one has any ideas .
Old 10-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what about your key? That disarms the alarm, as well.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:02 AM

disconnect your factory alarm. takes about 2 minutes. remove dash plate below steering wheel. to the left of the steering colum it's a small box that says alarm on it. unplugg it.. your done. power lock will still work just no more alarm. turn around and buy a aftermaket alarm... have it installed. your done no more head aches. and to be honest if you want to save a couple of bucks and you know your way around relays and stuff install it your self. I'll even give you a PDF file with all the instructions. just PM me for it
Old 10-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Seperated at Birth?

hey, if it's the end of your max, i'll take it

Old 10-27-2005, 01:51 AM

take the alarm module apart and look at the printed circuit board. chances are good that there are bad solder joints. a lot of people have resoldered them and they work fine.