3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.
View Poll Results: Look good Yes or No?
Yes
62.50%
No
12.50%
Should have stayed stock
25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

New toy M3 mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 02:35 PM

New toy M3 mirrors

I just put these on they need a little more tweeking but so far i like them. The picture quality sucks but they get the piont across!

So what does eceryone think YES or NO?

Old 11-04-2005, 02:36 PM

I think they would look better if they didn't angle up, straight out would be ideal
Old 11-04-2005, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by twinkle
I think they would look better if they didn't angle up, straight out would be ideal
i agree... that would be the tweeking i was talking about
Old 11-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by twinkle

Where did you find them?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:12 PM

I like em alot. Definetly tweak em. They really take away the granny sedan look. I really wanted to do the same, but I don't wanna do it unless i can get em heated and power.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:35 PM

for what car where they really made for??? i remember someone sayin' that the closest fit would be from the ones that r made for Honda's if my memory serves me right?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by therealgoon9
I like em alot. Definetly tweak em. They really take away the granny sedan look. I really wanted to do the same, but I don't wanna do it unless i can get em heated and power.
Well the good news is they are power downside is they are not heated. Oh well 1 out of 2 ain't bad. Plus the controls are reversed. Up is down left is right etc.

Here is my secret.... They are for a 91-94 sentra. The brackets are not a perfect fit. if you line up the Vertical line or the angled line they will not look right. I had to take alot of mesurements and find a good balance were one side don't stick out too much. You need to Drill new holes and use diffrent screws but still not a hard MOD. Did the whole thing in a coulpe of hours. I need to trim the bracket so they won't be so Angled. But one step at a time. I bought them on Ebay for a little less than $30 on Ebay New! The LED are Blue and Amber. You can use one or the other but not at the same time. For now i hooked up the Amber LEDs to the heated mirrow switch. I plan on hooking up the blue to the Alarm. I compared the mirrors from a friends 4th Gen and they look close too but she would n't let me remove the mirros to check further. so if someone knows someone with a 4th gen you might want to look at that might be a little easier MOD
Old 11-05-2005, 08:12 AM
mordezmoncou

those mirrrors shake like hardcore while driving down the interstate, also if you have a system, say good bye to looking out of them while the system is on.
They look nice, but they are not that practicle.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by mordezmoncou
those mirrrors shake like hardcore while driving down the interstate, also if you have a system, say good bye to looking out of them while the system is on.
Do you have them or have you witnessed it when they are mounted PROPERLY? ANY mirror shakes with a decent system.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by nismosleeper
Do you have them or have you witnessed it when they are mounted PROPERLY? ANY mirror shakes with a decent system.

u damn right! even with my system my stock mirrors shake.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:33 PM
mordezmoncou

yes, ive had them on 2 diff cars, and even with a decent system they shake.
Also if your driving down the interstate they sometimes shake enough to distur your vision to where you will stop looking out of them.
They were mounted and installed properly
They are not the best quality, but they do look nice.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:41 PM

Well i just actuall got off the freeway from speeds of 60 to 80 and i didn't notice any shacking. as far as the stereo i expect that!!

My car is lowered too and rides pretty rough and i still haven't seen anything more noticable than my stock...

Maybe i just got lucky?
Old 11-06-2005, 12:50 AM

yes, ive had them on 2 diff cars, and even with a decent system they shake.
Also if your driving down the interstate they sometimes shake enough to distur your vision to where you will stop looking out of them.
They were mounted and installed properly
They are not the best quality, but they do look nice.
Ok, I'm still having trouble understanding why they would shake more than stock mirrors if they are properly secured. That would make them just as strong as stock. The mirrors were either not installed nice-like or just plain trash.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:31 AM

Might be your mirrors i just got back from the bar and this time paid attention to the mirrors on the freeway and on a bumpy road. still see no shakeing.. you might of had some cheap mirrors...? or they were not mounted right?!?

Hay not that it will bother me but does any one else plan on trying the MOD? if so i would like everyone that does to post a pic... PLEASE... mainly to see if mine came out better... J/K! But for real this site has ALOT of great info on it so if i can contribute something than might as well. I'll never know when i'll need help with something big. better to have friends with good info than enemies with wrong info
Old 11-06-2005, 08:00 AM
mordezmoncou

some do, some dont, its like playing black jack.
but they shake sometimes because of the way teh glass is put in. not the way its secured. it does have moving parts you know, and when there are moving parts there is always room for error and play in the parts more then normal.
But hey if they work SWEEEEEt!

Old 11-06-2005, 09:43 AM
I will eat your children

i say they look good, just need a little work. to find out about the 4 gen mirrors would be a good idea.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Get Off My Lawn

I have to say I like them, but the image reminds me of Shrek. If only your car was green! It's the angle, like mentioned before. Straighten them out and they'll look great.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Looks.....OK. The angle up is a little wierd, but that might be because we arnt used to looking at it that way. Its your car and it looks the way you want it. Keep em. I also see you got the BMW headlights as well. I have them too. I also plan to do some mods but not with the side mirrors. Main reason for me wanting to keep the side mirrors the same is they are heated and automatic. Looking good, keep it your own.

BTW- does anyone need Tan/brown interior parts? i have all interior, seats, door panels, handles, middle console, glove box.....everything but the top dash. I couldnt get it off when i was swaping the black interior from a 91 maxima. Also if anyone is wondering, i can show a walkthrough of how to install automatic seats in a car that didnt have automatic seats to begin with. Very easy accualy, all you do is splice the two auto seat wires into the power window wire under the driver-side dash in the corner (red and white wires) and POW, works like a charm. Not hard and the auto seats fit the non-auto seat brackets.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:19 PM

hmm... it's too round compared to the rest of the car. IMO i think they don't go well with the max, but to each his own.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Maxzilla91
hmm... it's too round compared to the rest of the car. IMO i think they don't go well with the max, but to each his own.
Well I'm glad everyone is being honest. Trust me as long as nobody tried to talk smack just to talk it i have no problem taking Opinions. Thats what makes this country so great!!