3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

* People Have No Respect *

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 05:34 PM

* People Have No Respect *

So listen to things guys, I go out to move my car thing morning becuase my cousin was at my house and he was behind mine. Now given it was early in the morning and I was not really up yet and wasn't paying attention to how my car looked... I turn off my alarm and hop in, I look and my dash and I see little pieces of glass all over... So when I look up about .2 seconds later my whole window was shattered. Somebody put a bat 2 my window and the whole thing had cracks in it and was shattered with spider crack all over and through my banner. End story my window was destoryed. How f**ked up is that? I have insurance but just basic liability, and nothing to cover glass. I called the place and it will be replaced on Monday for the price of $275 + Tax. That is the price for trying to make your car look nice and what happens when punk *** kids get to it. I think I got . I'll have pictures up in the next day or so, I just figure I'd share my loss with everybody. ~Charlie~
Old 11-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I feel for ya man. I have little punks that live near me too.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:14 PM
mod or sell?

you guys get raped for windshields in new york.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Anything stolen or just vandalism? I deal with vandalism all the time at work and it is just senseless and stupid. I feel for you.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:13 PM

I once walked outside to find 2 guys trying to steal parts of my car. Sucked. I guess I was lucky, I just had to buy 5 new lugnuts, and they were nice enough to leave me their floor jack. Wish I had bounced out the door with a 2 x 4. I'm ready should I ever find it again tho . Sorry to hear about the window man.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:20 PM

It could of been much worse.

Solution: Leave NY and stay away from haters.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:23 PM

its so stupid what people do just because they can, sorry to hear about your max, but it could have been alot worse, they didn't do any damage to the body did they?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:54 PM

I have had somthing similar I had beer bottles thrown through my car window's when i lived near a stadium (drunken sports fans ticked off when there team loses and they trash the whole block).... I feel your pain bro it sucks ......
Old 11-12-2005, 08:55 PM

Damn. Sorry to hear about that. Had some punks spray paint my car once (Tail light is still messed up), but nothing as serious as a messed up windshield.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:08 PM

I luckily have yet to experience any type of vandalism... yet.

Old 11-12-2005, 09:32 PM

my max got hit in walyworlds parking lot.... rear passanger door is messed up
Old 11-12-2005, 09:33 PM

wow, I had a new windshield installed in this other Max that I own for $135 out the door.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:44 PM

Bah this is why I keep a handheld airsoft gun with near 300fps speed, a paintball gun loaded with 2+year old paintballs. Let's just say no one dares to get near my parent's house.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:02 PM

I don't know if i should call myself lucky, but there was no other damage, nothing else broken or stolen, no keymarks...Just it looks like it was hit with a bat. What are you going to do I guess people hate? Usually you can stay you learned a lesson about somthing when you get raped for money.... Can anyone come up with what the lesson is cause it beats the hell out of me... I'm guessing $275 is alot? I called a bunch of places saying I needed a new window not a used one most were in the $300s with the tinted top.... Anybody in NY know a place on the Island to get a better price. Thanks for all your support and help! ~Charlie~
Old 11-12-2005, 10:28 PM

Yeah, I'd hit up a junk yard and get a windshiled and install it yourself. ~$50
Old 11-13-2005, 05:54 AM

Yeah that really sucks. Some guy backed into me once and then floored it. I fixed the dent as good as I could but I'm still pissed as hell.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:19 AM

I would f*** them punks up. Thats if I caught them. I am scared my old girlfriend is plottin on my car
Old 11-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

dude its like 130 for a windshield by my house and if you want it new its like 160. Take a trip, spend more gas to buy something cheaper, It'll be fun
Old 11-13-2005, 09:25 PM

that sucks man. and yeah i hate vandalism. this is what some asshat did to me over the summer. he basically keyed the entire street.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:06 PM

Last weekend some of the college punks in our neighborhood ran up on the hood of my girlfriends daughter's Jetta and kicked in the windshield. No rhyme or reason, just vandalism. They don't give a schizz about nobody and are always causing problems for the people around here who have to work and pay taxes.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:32 AM

damn those greasy sh*t head teenagers! by the way its my last year of teenage life
Old 11-14-2005, 01:04 AM

"They stole my sandals in the bath house" wrote the Greek 4k yrs ago "where will the world end with these reckless youngsters?" --->Hell.

HowTo Keep Out: In the end counts is what you do, not what is done to you.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
damn those greasy sh*t head teenagers! by the way its my last year of teenage life
Same here...I turn 19 in a month and am thanking every day that goes by that I am that much closer to getting out of that catagory.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wolf-Strong
Same here...I turn 19 in a month and am thanking every day that goes by that I am that much closer to getting out of that catagory.
lol I'm not thanking that I'm almost out of that stage. I wish I could be 15-16 again to start all over...I really screwed up High School so I'm trying to keep high in college.

I havent had much fun, just went to a club for the first time 3 weeks ago and I wish I would've started when I was 17 but oh well, cant go back so I must attempt to enjoy my life as much as I can now as time flies and I get older.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:20 PM

Just to *Update* this week keeps getting worse. I was happy to see the nice glass repairman arrive this morning at around 8am before I had work and then school at nite... He started taking on my window , and I asked to see the new piece of glass... Given all my tint on the car car is limo black and I wanted to make sure he had the glass with the grey tinted top like I ordered. The guy takes it out and it is tinted blue like the new Benz's. This guy was unfriendly and grumpy and goes on to tell me that is all they had and that it would look fine once it is in. I nicely told him to put my car back 2gether and I would have another company do it. He does, and then proceeds to peel his van out of my driveway and down the street at like 100. I called the company to complain and to get to the point the guys was apartnly having a crapy day and loaded the wrong piece, they would be back 2morrow morning and would take another $50 off from my inconvience. So the new total is going to be around $225, P>S not having a car for a day is a real PITA!!! I'll get the pictures up this weekend.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by xMaxed90x
J.... it would look fine once it is in. ...
Order pizza, get chicken soup, pay double...

Dont back down, yellow tint arrives tomorrow = change shop
Old 11-15-2005, 01:50 AM

I feel your pain I had 2 punks try yo break in my car they thought they were McGuver because they tried popping the 1/4 window out. Didn't work set off the alarm! if i would have been awake enough i would have noticed the alarm only goes off when you open the door or hit it.

Do what i did invest in a paging alarm. Thats the only thing that probly kept my car from getting stole or my stuff took. Also that way next time you can show them punks what a bat does to the soft spot of the head... not a windshield!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Kids

Sorry to here that man. I had to replace my windshield in May of this year for the exact same reason. And last week, somebody stole my '83 Cutlass Supreme. Kids have no respect these days, even thoulgh I'm still one.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:04 PM

some kids are immature and rude, also don't have respect for other peoples property,

they should grow and leave people stuff alone,

if they didn't pay for it, then it is not theirs to mess around,
Old 11-15-2005, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Loco7
I feel your pain I had 2 punks try yo break in my car they thought they were McGuver because they tried popping the 1/4 window out. Didn't work set off the alarm! if i would have been awake enough i would have noticed the alarm only goes off when you open the door or hit it.

Do what i did invest in a paging alarm. Thats the only thing that probly kept my car from getting stole or my stuff took. Also that way next time you can show them punks what a bat does to the soft spot of the head... not a windshield!
to add on to the paging alarm... get a glass breakage sensor. its a good add on to the shock sensor. if someone taps anything metal on the window, it will set off my alarm. also of course if the window breaks it will pick it up even if the shock sensor dont pick it up.

Originally Posted by Wolf-Strong
Bah this is why I keep a handheld airsoft gun with near 300fps speed, a paintball gun loaded with 2+year old paintballs. Let's just say no one dares to get near my parent's house.
id rather have my 1000 fps pellet rifle..... or my 9mm works too
Old 11-15-2005, 09:22 PM

I have a Prestige 2 Way Alarm w\ Sensor all around and on the glass, I parked my car at around maybe 1am and went to sleep soon after I didn't really hear it go off, I guess I was fast alseep, my neighbor said he heard it go off around 230 so beats the hell out me.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:57 AM

I have a Prestige 2 Way Alarm w\ Sensor all around and on the glass, I parked my car at around maybe 1am and went to sleep soon after I didn't really hear it go off, I guess I was fast alseep, my neighbor said he heard it go off around 230 so beats the hell out me.
The only downside about a 2way paging system is you have to keep a fresh battery on your remote or it is not very effective after lets say 3 weeks... of course the battery you use makes a diffrence. if you buy those bargin bin specials the don't last worth crap!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:56 PM

same **** happened to my dads car but it was drivers side window. parked car right in the driveway. i went to sleep at 4 30am and i woke up around 8am. go out and i see drivers side window shattered and they ripped out the TLC radio. my dad lost 1 day of work and had to pay 1k for a new radio and new window. **** happens. if you dint install the windshield yet, you can go to the junkyard around shea stadium and get a new windshield for about 100something. my 240sx costed 120, brand new with banner tinted (company was ppg and tint was slightly blue)
Old 11-18-2005, 05:30 AM

if the car was driveable you could have taken it to dun-rite glass on liberty ave in queens and have it changed for 110.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wiking
Order pizza, get chicken soup, pay double...
hah, yeah then he'd have me peeling off down the street if he didn't tip

wouldn't get any chicken soup though..
Old 11-19-2005, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by fastflyingasian
id rather have my 1000 fps pellet rifle..... or my 9mm works too
people should be banned for saying ignorant things like this. it's a car man, you'ed take someone's life over a car?
Old 11-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

not sure if its possible.. but u shud try to park in a garage.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Hectic
people should be banned for saying ignorant things like this. it's a car man, you'ed take someone's life over a car?
I agree that this sounds extreme, but what is the answer? Call the police and the answer is "No witnesses, its vandalism, we'll never catch them, file the insurance for the repair and we're sorry about your luck."

At least if a couple of kids took a bullet to the head the word might spread "If you screw with other people's stuff and don't respect property that isn't yours someone is going to ruin your day."

That is the problem these days. Kids know that for all intents and purposes their actions have no consequences. They can do whatever they want and get away with it and since they didn't spent an extra $5,000-$15,000 tricking out their car then why should they care.

The only thing we all know for sure is that it sucks and if it hasn't happened to you yet then your turn is coming.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Just to *Update* this week keeps getting worse. I was happy to see the nice glass repairman arrive this morning at around 8am before I had work and then school at nite... He started taking on my window , and I asked to see the new piece of glass... Given all my tint on the car car is limo black and I wanted to make sure he had the glass with the grey tinted top like I ordered. The guy takes it out and it is tinted blue like the new Benz's. This guy was unfriendly and grumpy and goes on to tell me that is all they had and that it would look fine once it is in. I nicely told him to put my car back 2gether and I would have another company do it. He does, and then proceeds to peel his van out of my driveway and down the street at like 100. I called the company to complain and to get to the point the guys was apartnly having a crapy day and loaded the wrong piece, they would be back 2morrow morning and would take another $50 off from my inconvience. So the new total is going to be around $225, P>S not having a car for a day is a real PITA!!! I'll get the pictures up this weekend.
so you p1ssed the guy off already...now you're making him come back AGAIN...woooo i say he'll do a p1ss poor job on the install.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Meyhem
not sure if its possible.. but u shud try to park in a garage.
should've (shud?)
could've
but didn't

Quick Reply: * People Have No Respect *