3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Electrical Problem.& Power sterring

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 12:21 AM

Electrical Problem.& Power sterring

Just replaced my starter then a few monts later altanator was replaced. Both starter and altnator came from junkyard. When changing the altanator the plastic piece htat holds the bolt onto the tension belt for the altanator broke so a nut was put on it to keep the car from cuttin off. Now i notice the lights in my car dim in and out but never completly go out. Is this because the belt associated with the altnator is loose?

Also what size wrench is needed to take the the power stering house off where its connected at the bottom down in the engine? i was told 24mm but can only find socket which will not fit inbetween everything.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:38 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by 3rdcharm
Just replaced my starter then a few monts later altanator was replaced. Both starter and altnator came from junkyard. When changing the altanator the plastic piece htat holds the bolt onto the tension belt for the altanator broke so a nut was put on it to keep the car from cuttin off. Now i notice the lights in my car dim in and out but never completly go out. Is this because the belt associated with the altnator is loose?
Yes,a loose belt will cause your lights to dim....

Originally Posted by 3rdcharm
Also what size wrench is needed to take the the power stering house off where its connected at the bottom down in the engine? i was told 24mm but can only find socket which will not fit inbetween everything.
It is easier to use a 24mm box end wrench for the bottom bolt...