3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

My buddy's son's VE5 (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My buddy's son's VE5 (pic)

My good friend has heard me talk so much about these cars when it came time to find his 16 year old a car he found this 92 SE 5spd. It's really a clean one owner car. 149K and no VTC ticking at all. I put front brake pads on it for him and put in a window regulator and showed the kid how. We came home from quail hunting last Friday and this was in his driveway. I gotta give the kid credit, he sure keeps it clean.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:27 PM

your daughters drive Maximas too

A + B =
Old 01-04-2006, 03:35 PM

nice and clean.....
Old 01-04-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm needing a caw

Wow. My virgin maxima! Nice
Old 01-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Wow. My virgin maxima! Nice
Me, too.

I had the same car (VE 5-speed) in that color with black leather interior. Exactly the same options as my current car, except with ABS.

That one looks very clean and sounds like it was pretty well taken care of.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:48 PM

That is nice looking, really great for the mileage. There are a few good looking ones left though, just far and few between.

Mine last summer:
Old 01-04-2006, 05:30 PM

Lucky 16 year old...I see it has leather and sunroof.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:04 PM

very nice and clean car.... i hope my next car is a VE5 and it is as clean as that!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Thats not fair..I want one too! Can I be your adopted daugher or son?

(please disregard that, it came outta my ***)
Old 01-05-2006, 02:44 AM
I miss my VE

Very nice car. Tell him to take it easy.. For a first car, it maybe a bit too much in my opinion for a young new driver. Once he feels the VE power, theres no telling what to expect. I personally destroyed my first car peice by peice from street racing to accidents and lack of maintenance because I really had nobody to show me the ropes. I may have been better off with a beat up Civic or something similar to learn how to drive.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:50 AM

I guess so far he is being pretty careful. He just learned how to drive and then his father taught him to drive the stick. Caught on pretty well. If he's like me at all he will get tickets. I'm trying to get him to join the org.--he'll be younger than vans--
Old 01-05-2006, 03:16 PM

there are some that are younger than me.. maybe like 2 or 3....... makes me feel old well i beat the hell outa my cars.. but was lucky enough to get no tickets.. and it isnt worth having a radar detector because if the detector is going off, the cop already has you on his radar
Old 01-05-2006, 03:19 PM

My Max is my first car (wohoo), but too bad it's not an SE. That's okay though, it's still in pretty good condition... Have yet to post any pics though.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well hopefully he continues to keep it clean. It shows pride in ownership. Hopefully that means he will take care of the car and not do TOO much of the typical young stunts guys do.

Originally Posted by bhunter
I guess so far he is being pretty careful. He just learned how to drive and then his father taught him to drive the stick. Caught on pretty well. If he's like me at all he will get tickets. I'm trying to get him to join the org.--he'll be younger than vans--
Old 01-05-2006, 03:38 PM
I will eat your children

that max looks really nice. i want a ve5

Originally Posted by vansskaterfreek
and it isnt worth having a radar detector because if the detector is going off, the cop already has you on his radar
i have gotten out of alot of tickets that i would have gotten thanks to mine. as long as you are in a pack of cars your fine. its the guy out in front that normally gets caught.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Fontinyatz
Very nice car. Tell him to take it easy.. For a first car, it maybe a bit too much in my opinion for a young new driver. Once he feels the VE power, theres no telling what to expect. I personally destroyed my first car peice by peice from street racing to accidents and lack of maintenance because I really had nobody to show me the ropes. I may have been better off with a beat up Civic or something similar to learn how to drive.

Wow, I love these cars, but its not like they are way fast or something. They are quick enough to be a bit of fun but not so fast that it is troublesome. When I started driving it was in my parents beat up old Caprice. It was a V8 and about as quick as the Max. I never got a ticket and never went street racing. It is a mindset not the car's fault.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:18 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by todamax
Wow, I love these cars, but its not like they are way fast or something. They are quick enough to be a bit of fun but not so fast that it is troublesome. When I started driving it was in my parents beat up old Caprice. It was a V8 and about as quick as the Max. I never got a ticket and never went street racing. It is a mindset not the car's fault.

It is not the car that kills...It's the driver...You can die in a geo metro just as easy if you drive it like a idiot....
Old 01-06-2006, 06:08 PM

the ve5 is overrated anyways
Old 01-06-2006, 06:18 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

ve5 is 92 93 94 max 5 speed????

seems to be the best 3rd gen combo
Old 01-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by SurraTT
ve5 is 92 93 94 max 5 speed????

seems to be the best 3rd gen combo
Yes the VE was only available in 92-94 SE models and the 5spd was only available in SE models for the 3rd gen so VE5 refers to the 92-94 SE 5speed.

Did any of that make sense lol.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I miss my VE

Originally Posted by todamax
This car is fast enough to encourage first time drivers to think they have something close to a sports car. I've almost hit 140mph in no time and kept pulling hard. You don't get that with a stock POS 4 banger or Caprice. Not even close.

Originally Posted by KLoWnPR109
the ve5 is overrated anyways
I would love to hear why
Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Ford Only.

You just cant beat these cars up.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:45 AM

.. and it isnt worth having a radar detector because if the detector is going off, the cop already has you on his radar

Thats a lie and we both know it, although it is true in certain events. The radar detector will beep if it senses that someone is scanning the area with a radar gun...therefore giving you time to slow down, my radar usually goes off at least a few city blocks before I notice the cop car that'll make the radar go crazy when you're directly in front of him. NOW if the cop is hidden incredibly well where the radar detector will have a hard time finding the waves being emitted, it will beep as soon as you pass in front of the cops/waves path making the radar go off but making it too late. Personally it usually works for me although I never rely on it cuz cops can just be pacing you but its still helpful in the dark.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ozzombie13
i have gotten out of alot of tickets that i would have gotten thanks to mine. as long as you are in a pack of cars your fine. its the guy out in front that normally gets caught.

Thats what I used to do but believe it or not I got pulled over for doing 44/30 which I wasnt but I ended up gettin pulled over and the cop said he got me on radar which I believe he got the car in front me on radar. Usually being in a pack of speeders does help but it doesnt necessarily mean you wont get stopped..cops are *******s

I want VE5.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
.cops are *******s
Because you pulled over instead of the speeder. If you were that close to the speeder then you were either pacing him or in some cases it could've been a two lane highway. Either way most people hate cops as they think it's cool but be the first to call the cops when somethin goes down. So let's not be hippocritical when someone is jackin your car and a cops risks his/her life in order to protect your property.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by VD Providah
Because you pulled over instead of the speeder. If you were that close to the speeder then you were either pacing him or in some cases it could've been a two lane highway. Either way most people hate cops as they think it's cool but be the first to call the cops when somethin goes down. So let's not be hippocritical when someone is jackin your car and a cops risks his/her life in order to protect your property.
I'm not calling them *******s in the way you think I am, but just for the fact that sometimes they do stupid things such as be *******s when they stop you even though you're being polite to them and doing everything they tell you to do (yes I know they gotta be tough but damn give it up). Now..yes I agree they save lifes, can help you when someones jackin your car but the times I/we have called them they take FOREVER to come, so long that you have to call twice and I'm serious about that. They're always around when you DONT need them but when you do, they take forever to arrive. Anyway thats my situation, dont want to start a big discussion about Police being *******s and not arriving quick, I cant say they're all like that but the ones I've had have been like that, hope you can see my reason for calling them that. No I'm not a rebel either and no I'm not trying to be 'cool' by hating cops lol
Old 01-08-2006, 03:42 PM
mod or sell?

having a radar detector doubles your chances of getting pulled over and ticketed for speeding.
MOST modern radar guns also have radar detector detectors on them to see who has a detector.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:43 PM

not if you get a detector that has a kind of block that blocks out the police's detector
Old 01-08-2006, 04:05 PM
mod or sell?

not if you get a detector that has a kind of block that blocks out the police's detector
i've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.
they claim it goes undetected, but then you don't entirely understand how the guns and detectors work
Old 01-08-2006, 04:06 PM
mod or sell?

oh and they're pretty pointless against a laser gun
Old 01-08-2006, 04:06 PM

I have that on mine..it blocks when they're scanning for radar detectors and it also lets you know when thats going on. Oh and Brian...if you arent speeding and you get stopped for having radar they cant give you a ticket, plus its not illegal to have in IL only in Washington DC and someone else..
Old 01-08-2006, 04:09 PM
mod or sell?

I didn't say it was illegal, but that your chances of geting a ticket doubles
Kinda like having rolling papers in the car