3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

"The Gorealla Grill" Fo' Real...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 01:46 PM

"The Gorealla Grill" Fo' Real...

It finaly made it from just a thought to being installed on the face of my 3rd Gen. I started this in 02 its been along time comming... but good things come in good time... i hope you like my piece of art...Unique to any nissan maxima i present to you for the first time ever.....in the world... the one of a kind "Gorealla Grill"

Old 01-15-2006, 01:54 PM

Not really feeling it, It's a little too bling for me. Although I must say, amazing craftmanship on that thing. It looks perfectly done, and is very clean.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I second Tom's opinion. Not my style, but very nice job on it, the effort shows!
Old 01-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

besides not liking the bling thing I would be worried about not getting enough air to the radiator. It may be fine since you have the area under the bumper to get air but its a concern I would have. Just keep an eye on the temp gauge in the summer time and see how its doing. Props on the work but its just not my style.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by awsm66
besides not liking the bling thing I would be worried about not getting enough air to the radiator. It may be fine since you have the area under the bumper to get air but its a concern I would have. Just keep an eye on the temp gauge in the summer time and see how its doing. Props on the work but its just not my style.

You got a new maxima??
Old 01-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Way out West

I was thinking the same thing about the airflow over the radiator.

Excellent work, though. You should make those for blingin' rigs like Navigators and Escalades -- I bet you could make some good money.

I think that might look a little better on a black rig with tinted windows and everything else blacked out.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:45 PM

yep its a grill for a reason. it need air. But you get a A- for effort
Old 01-15-2006, 03:57 PM
- Product of Maxima.org -

i think it shows great craftsmanship...and i think that it would still allow enough air to flow over the radiator, theres enough gappage in there look at the euro and jdm grilles, they have a small inlet too, but this one was the slits between each piece of bling, which probably equals as much as the euro grilles do.... looks good too, but would look better on a black car with tint, as cliff said.....good work man. don't worry about the doubters...YOU pimp YOUR custom grille to the max and show them how it works in the summer
Old 01-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by VD Providah
You got a new maxima??

Yeah I got a ve5 with a blown motor (black/black). I am going to put the motor out of my 93 auto in it (after rebuilding the VTCs) and sell it. That way I dont have to finish all the body work on my 93 auto and can be done with Maxima's so I can move on to other stuff finally and clean all my parts cars and spare parts out.

It already has stuff on it (sprints/toks, CAI, addco rsb, fstb, leather). It is in pretty good shape but I am going to fix some little dings in it and paint it back factory black. Hopefully I can get what I want for it.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by ustfdes
don't worry about the doubters...YOU pimp YOUR custom grille to the max and show them how it works in the summer

ummm no one said he shouldnt do it or dog him for doing it we just stated our opinions. We dont have to like it (if I liked bling on an import 4 door I would like it but I dont so I dont lol) and the air flow is a legit concern he should keep an eye on.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:13 PM

goon no likey.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Alex_V

you live in atlanta, wtf do you know???

J/P just quoting and old post goon

Not my style but looks like great craftsmanship

~Alex

Old 01-15-2006, 06:12 PM

looks really well made, not my style but well made. kinda reminds me of lil' jon's mouth but good work on doing something orginal and that looks like good quality.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:54 PM

weird .
Old 01-15-2006, 07:00 PM

that grille makes me think of the new ford corporate face (think fusion)
Old 01-15-2006, 07:24 PM

Is that grille slightly slanted, or is the hood just crooked? It's not my style, but you've obviously put some time into it. If you want to make it tie into the car/over all 'theme'/etc., I would recommend making something similar in place of the center trunk panel, set between a pair of GXE tail lights. Possibly add an additional peice between the lower intakes on the front, and finsh off with a set of classy chrome wheels - and I'm not talking about spinners or dubs! If you're going to do it, commit to it. If not, sell it to someone with a GXE that has good chrome. By itself, it looks like a wannabe rapper or something - IMHO.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:52 PM

its a nice grille but jus out of place. imagine carlton (fresh prince) with gold teeth
Old 01-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Banned

I think it would probably look better if there was more chrome on the car. But a good start if that is your intent.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:26 AM

awsm66, i wasnt saying that anyone was ******* it or whatever, just trying to give him props on his grille! inspiring some self confidence, as i call it, i know that if i worked that hard on something and i liked it, i would want some props myself no hard feelings eh?

and yeah he should watch the air flow concern, but i doubt its gonna be that bad

im just being a nice org-er, sorry!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

nice grill can i buy one how much??? i been lookin all over the internet for something like this and thats the best looking grill i have seen yet, i dont know what these ppl are talkin about??? that grill makes your maxima look rich and luxurious.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:03 AM

Old 01-16-2006, 01:52 AM

give them a slight angle upward and recessed on the drivers side to blind arseholes with bad headlights

Just watch the temps. Normal driving, these cars, probably not going to be toooo much of an issue, but still (also the stock gauge doesn't read for jack )

nice work though
Old 01-16-2006, 05:50 AM

Looks really well made but installed a little crooked. Like the other guys I would worry a little about air flow in the summer.
How exactly did you make it?
Old 01-16-2006, 06:02 AM

that grille is hot! it definitely would get my head turning! good work
Old 01-17-2006, 11:38 PM

GoRealla Grillz

Nice Grill what model of 06 ford did u jack that from... Nice work for sho. The grill itself will have no problem letting the intake breathe, anyone who tells you different doesnt know what they are talking about. Get a hood scoop if you need more flo the grill is ill. Peace out
Old 01-18-2006, 12:23 AM

Heres My Maxima

Old 01-18-2006, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaOverdo$e
Nice Grill what model of 06 ford did u jack that from... Nice work for sho. The grill itself will have no problem letting the intake breathe, anyone who tells you different doesnt know what they are talking about. Get a hood scoop if you need more flo the grill is ill. Peace out

hood scoop for air across the radiator....what kind of technician is this? new age? i thought i knew a few things about cars....guess not!

Old 01-18-2006, 05:22 AM
Alex_V

Nice Grill what model of 06 ford did u jack that from... Nice work for sho.
So do you think he took it off something or made it??? make up your mind!

The grill itself will have no problem letting the intake breathe, anyone who tells you different doesnt know what they are talking about. Get a hood scoop if you need more flo the grill is ill. Peace out
Right, the intake gets its air from around the head light, no problem getting air in any max. even if the grille was blocked off completely. What we are talking about is cooling airflow over the radiator. And if you did need more airflow, theres the whole bottom half of the radiator exposed by the bottom and cut outs in the front bumper. You could put an intake scoop there and not have some random intake scoop disturbing the luxury look of our max.

West.six, If your going to add alot more chrome (in tasteful ways of course, please no rice!) Im sure it will look alot better. Definitly time invested wisely. I had 3 diffrent grils laying around my house (diffrent 3rd gen ones) and I ended up using the GXE 3 bar/chrome one insted of my flaking black one. The other one got pitched, and now i have 2 SE black 3 bars. Any one need a free stock one?

~Alex

Old 01-18-2006, 06:21 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by Alex_V
West.six, If your going to add alot more chrome (in tasteful ways of course, please no rice!) Im sure it will look alot better. Definitly time invested wisely.

~Alex
Someone on here has chrome door handles...I cant remember what country he is in but that would be something to consider if you were going for the luxury bling look. There are a lot of luxury sedans with chrome door handles. Of course I am talking about just the handles not the entire handle section.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:10 AM

That's a great job you did creating that (although I wouldn't want it on mine, but that's an opinion that you can ignore ).
People are stating that the exposed radiator portion on the bottom would be enough to cool it sufficiently with a grill like that, but heat rises so I'm not so sure about that logic. I would keep an eye on the temps and condition of the coolant in the overflow tank just in case for the first few hundred miles or so if I were you.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:13 AM

Nice Work And Neat. Head Turner
Old 01-19-2006, 01:52 PM

Yo Yo Wudup J Thug Hows Bolivia Treating U?

whats crackin dawg hope your flight goes alright holla atcha homeboy.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:44 PM

It's not my style either but it looks like nice work. I think it would go on a pimped black 300C with some big az chrome rims.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:32 AM

I’m impressed. What's it made of? Go ahead and pimp it out; put a few diamond around the edges. .

Has anyone ever made their own custom body kit?
Humm..?
Old 01-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

looks really nice man good job thats some good work
Old 01-20-2006, 09:35 PM

I can see *MY* reflection in that thing...
Old 01-24-2006, 03:22 PM

car looks hot, any more pics? got air on it?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:41 PM

I think if you had the bmw headlights, clear corners, black paint, chrome exhaust, big chrome rims, then I would definately like it.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:56 PM

Hahahaah while your in Bolivia witcha girl Im gonna jack your Goreala grill and sell it on Ebay ahahahahah. Any takes on it for 20 bucks, I know where his car is. JK
Old 01-26-2006, 11:57 PM

the great thing about the grill is that now the police have a perfect place to lock on to when they use their laser guns to clock your speed.

Quick Reply: "The Gorealla Grill" Fo' Real...