3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Options for front bumper/cap

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 10:16 PM

Options for front bumper/cap

Hey guys,
Anyone know of some good sources of a front cap for a '90 SE? My old man backed into my car with his Titan and put the trailer hitch through my bumper. It forked it up pretty good and crushed the d/s signal light. I have a parts car w/ a good front cap, but I would have to pull and still paint it. I figure if I'm going to have to do all that anyway, why not see what options are out there asside from stock. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric
Old 01-28-2006, 04:57 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

lol hey greenmax I like your avatar

I've seen bumpers on ebay too, but arent they aftermarket stock lookin ones?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:12 AM

get a new body kit
Old 01-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

they don't make body kit for the 3rdgen, only the lips and side skirts, unless you want to try and mold a honda accord kit to fit. btw, I got my bumber cover for only 22 bucks locally from one of those car body shop warehouses, brand new, and not brittle as the one that's on our car for the last 15 years.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by disgruntled
they don't make body kit for the 3rdgen...
Old 01-28-2006, 09:31 AM

Thanks for the replies, but does anyone actually read??

I have another SE front cap, so please don't tell me I could buy another one on ebay!
I'm not looking for a full body kit, just the front cap. I've looked at some aftermarket stuff online and was wondering if anyone knows where a good deal is or something.
Please, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't post! Let us not ponder the existence of a 3rd gen body kit or talk about molding Honda parts or whatever. Concentrate on the words I wrote, let it swirl around a little and form a picture in your head or something, and THEN - if you have some relevant input - type out a little reply! Ya!
Old 01-28-2006, 04:45 PM
mod or sell?

http://www.affsales.com/dsp_parts.cf...2D%20Air%20Dam
Old 01-28-2006, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by 90pearlSE
Thanks for the replies, but does anyone actually read??

I have another SE front cap, so please don't tell me I could buy another one on ebay!
I'm not looking for a full body kit, just the front cap. I've looked at some aftermarket stuff online and was wondering if anyone knows where a good deal is or something.
Please, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't post! Let us not ponder the existence of a 3rd gen body kit or talk about molding Honda parts or whatever. Concentrate on the words I wrote, let it swirl around a little and form a picture in your head or something, and THEN - if you have some relevant input - type out a little reply! Ya!

Damn so much violence
Old 01-28-2006, 05:33 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Damn so much violence

I deleated my post for that reason alone...I was just trying to help..
Old 01-28-2006, 05:37 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94

I deleated my post for that reason alone...I was just trying to help..
so instead you post this?
Old 01-28-2006, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
Man both you and GreenMax crack me up

I see this thread going somewhere else, lets not go OT..it can happen very easily just like my g/f's kinda did.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:02 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Go play with yourself...
Old 01-28-2006, 06:17 PM

Thanks - those look nice, but a little too low in the front for me....I'll keep looking.

To the other guys: I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but I'm the kind of guy that asks fairly straight-forward questions and looks for straight answers. I'm just asking if you know of sources, not hearsay or fruitless information. I'm not being mean, but if you don't know the answer, don't raise your hand. Make sense to you?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:21 PM
mod or sell?

Thanks - those look nice, but a little too low in the front for me....I'll keep looking.
only other one is stillen's
Old 01-28-2006, 06:22 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Go play with yourself...
that's an idea, I have some nice leather seats in the new max, they need some cream
Old 01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

I dont like your attitude in this thread but I will answer.

first no one makes a bumper replacement for our car...no one. One manufacturer makes one that comes up to one of the body lines of the front bumper (pretty high) but no one makes a bumper replacement. That is why someone stated to get a honda bumper replacement and graft it on. There was a guy on here that had a body shop do a front bumper for him but am pretty sure it was a one off...maybe not but I havent heard anything from that guy in a long time.

Other options since there are no bumper replacemtents are the several lips that are out there (stillen, WW etc.) but all require your bumper and they attach to the bottom of it.

In your second response you said you were just wanting to know if anyone knew of any deals and such...you did not mention that at all in your first post...you just asked what was out there
why not see what options are out there asside from stock
also its my experience that when someone says they are not trying to be a d!ck they usually are or they wouldnt have to say it.

from now on if you want help leave the attitude...no one owes you a thing and are just trying to be helpful...they dont need your crap.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by disgruntled
they don't make body kit for the 3rdgen,
*cough cough*

http://www.customenterprise.com/view.../vts/design003

The first one is an actual bumper cover replacement, 2nd one is the extensions.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:00 AM

awsm66:
Maybe you're right man, I was out of line. This wasn't a planned upgrade to the car, and I'm not too peachy about having to do this job. From the links that were posted I did get to see what's available and it looks like I'll just go ahead and use my other SE cap. I have no intentions of going with a full kit because of ground clearance. When I get them torn apart, maybe I can figure out a way to add some steel reinforcement or something. I've toyed with the idea of making protruding brackets that tie into the body, so I could attach a bumper-level brushguard at some time (aluminum engine shrouds are in the works currently).

Peace
Old 01-29-2006, 06:16 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by kcidmil
*cough cough*

http://www.customenterprise.com/view.../vts/design003

The first one is an actual bumper cover replacement, 2nd one is the extensions.
nope...if you look close at the pics (those arent the best but there are some you can see better on the net) you will see its not a complete replacement. It goes up to the top body line on the bumper but thats all...there is still some bumper left.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:30 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

awsm66:
Maybe you're right man, I was out of line. This wasn't a planned upgrade to the car, and I'm not too peachy about having to do this job. From the links that were posted I did get to see what's available and it looks like I'll just go ahead and use my other SE cap. I have no intentions of going with a full kit because of ground clearance. When I get them torn apart, maybe I can figure out a way to add some steel reinforcement or something. I've toyed with the idea of making protruding brackets that tie into the body, so I could attach a bumper-level brushguard at some time (aluminum engine shrouds are in the works currently).

Peace

I understand the ground clearance issue. The Stillen isnt too low...it just extends the length of the lower part of the bumper...its a little lower but not bad.

A lot of people think the Stillen kit is played out but to me its the best looking kit out there because it flows so well with the body lines. And just the front lip looks good without the rest of the kit which is what you are after since you dont want a full kit. I dont care how many people on the org have the kit because I was the only one in my area with it and I have only seen one other in the state with it. Not saying they arent there but just that if it was played out you would see a lot more of them.

Also the Wings West front lip looks pretty good without the rest of the kit but its pretty squared off so its not quite as smooth as the Stillen without a full kit. I like the WW front when people cut the bumper out and make it a wide mouth because it looks good with an intercooler behind it . The only problem is they dont make the kit any more and I doubt you could talk them into just molding the front lip.

anyway Swowlink is selling his front lip because he got a seperate full kit. Take a look at my old page and others on cardomain for a good look at the stillen kit. If you check out CraigBs site you will see the stillen kit with a lesser drop than mine (I have intrax on my car when I had the kti on).

good luck in whatever you decide...the brush guard sounds interesting.

Our bumpers actually have steel bumpers under the cover luckily so that will help it the brush guard. Steel, thick foam and bumper cover.