3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Attn: Jeff92se

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 01:27 PM

I'm in the process of cleaning my temp sensor connector and i have three red connectors to chose from .... can u give me more details on where it is located and how does it look like ... evan a pic would be greatly apreciated...

thanx in advance
Old 06-09-2001, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by Tri-lite
I'm in the process of cleaning my temp sensor connector and i have three red connectors to chose from .... can u give me more details on where it is located and how does it look like ... evan a pic would be greatly apreciated...

thanx in advance
I just did this myself last week. I'm not sure if it is in the same place on all engines, I have the VE. There are a couple of sensors in the general area of the temp sensor, so it can be confusing. The best way to explain it without a pic is to find the red clipped sensor nearest to the throttle body. It is located about one inch away from the throttle body toward the front center of the car (it's also below the TB). After you find it, release the pressure in your coolant system by taking the radiator cap off when the motor is cool. Then you can remove the red plug that is connected to the top of the sensor. Be careful when doing this because there is a metal clip which secures the red plug which can be lost because it is very small. Use a flat head to pry it off. Now you are ready to remove the sensor. You will need a 19mm socket to unscrew it. Once it is off, clean the sensor and both sides of the electrical connection. I used a small piece of sand paper to rub on all of the pins inside the plug (connector). Then you can use some dielectric grease to finish the cleaning. Now you are good to go.
Old 06-11-2001, 10:49 AM
I'm needing a caw

The location is mentioned in the post above. One difference is that I didn't clean the sensor itself, just the connector. So try that first. Most who have cleaned the connector have not needed to clean the sensor itself. Honesly, it wouldn't be a bad thing just to clean all the red connectors.