3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

95-99 maxima conversion or R32 front conversion. Anyone tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 10:01 PM
backNblackj30

95-99 maxima conversion or R32 front conversion. Anyone tried it?

compare a 95-99 front bumper and an 89-94
they are comparable, and look to be pretty easy to maybe adapt to fit. Anyone tried this.
also has anyone tried doing the whole conversion including headlights and fenders, possibly hood.

also does anyone have any pictures of maxima's with any cefario conversions or r32 conversion? I know someone with an entire r32 front clip the veilside r32 to be exact.

I was wondering how hard it would be to do the conversion.
im sure it can be done. but hmm....... 3rd gen with an r32 front end sounds very slick looking!

I just got word froma friend of mine the r32 front bumpers are almost a direct fit for the 89-94 maxima if you cut your fender and make a few small brackets.
hmmmmmm

Old 02-18-2006, 12:09 AM

i'd like to know thats for sure
Old 02-18-2006, 02:06 AM

take the bumper off the skyline and see if it slides into the maxima rails. you should take some pics if it does. then on to the rwd conversion
Old 02-18-2006, 03:52 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Hectic
take the bumper off the skyline and see if it slides into the maxima rails. you should take some pics if it does. then on to the rwd conversion

Old 02-18-2006, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by backNblackj30
compare a 95-99 front bumper and an 89-94
they are comparable, and look to be pretty easy to maybe adapt to fit. Anyone tried this.
also has anyone tried doing the whole conversion including headlights and fenders, possibly hood.

also does anyone have any pictures of maxima's with any cefario conversions or r32 conversion? I know someone with an entire r32 front clip the veilside r32 to be exact.

I was wondering how hard it would be to do the conversion.
im sure it can be done. but hmm....... 3rd gen with an r32 front end sounds very slick looking!

I just got word froma friend of mine the r32 front bumpers are almost a direct fit for the 89-94 maxima if you cut your fender and make a few small brackets.
hmmmmmm
maybe fix your antenna first????

i think this would be a pretty sweet conversion......i see tha you have LOTS of plans for this car... hopefully they all go through
Old 02-18-2006, 11:17 AM
backNblackj30

My Antenna... O yeh that... Yeh it wont go down any further then that. O well.
Im getting an s2000 antenna soon so no worries.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:37 PM
backNblackj30

I might be picking up an r32 front bumper tommorow or monday. So i will let you guys know on the fitment. and If I can make it work, wich im sure i can. I will do a write up! Maybe this is what some people have been waiting for you never know. Its goin to be fun!

Old 02-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well Take Lots Of Pics!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ohhhhh, yes. we've been waiting FOREVER for you to come along and make write-ups telling how we can make our max's just as ricy as the next guy. if i wanted the front clip from a coupe, i would drive a coupe. if you're so sure this can be done, why don't all the ricers with max's have an r32 front clip?

since you're new here take a week or two to read other people's posts. read people's cardomain pages and investigate how they made their ride distinct. please stop asking these "how do i turn my max into a rice box" questions, and start playing off other threads that have a similar topic.

i can understand your anxiety you since you spent WAY TOO MUCH dough on an 89 vg maxima, but settle down a little and think about what questions are intelligent and which are stupid.

and DONATE to SEARCH!!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:33 PM

Oh, don't stifle the lad! IF he truly has the ambition and the motivation and the talent, why the hell not?
Old 02-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Droppin logs

Don't forget the Z32 twin turbo
Old 02-19-2006, 09:24 PM
backNblackj30

its not goin to slide on by no means.
fabrication is needed.
but.
Its something called being original, i guess if my max is rice. i should be shot. take a look at my sig.
thanks.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:27 PM
backNblackj30

reason why im trying to do something like that is. I dont like the 89-94's bumper much. So im trying to find something clean. The lips dont do much for me either, too many people have them.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

perhaps my script seems harsh, but i have heard this whole song and dance a thousand times about how people are going to do this and that before they do any research on even what tools they will need . it would be more unique to make your own bumper than to try and fit another car's clip onto yours. and fitment issues would be horrible esp. if the clip was from a used vehicle. think about it, maybe learn to work with fiberglass and build your own original style in about the same time it would take to make a frankenstein.

i just read your profile and you average over 21 posts a day. please take my advice and before you start a new thread about 'how do i...?', stop and take a second to look through some of the past threads and other forums. if you get really frisky, you may even check the stickies
Old 02-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Droppin logs

Or donate and search
Old 02-19-2006, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by D-Bo
Or donate and search

DING DING we have a winner.

and just by looking at the r32 bumper you can see that it looks to be rounded across the front of the car where as the 3rd gen bumper goes strait across, thus leaving a nice half-moon shape to be filled in. i'd have to agree with matt and say if you want a new bumper you might as well make a one-off on your own.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:02 PM

fabrication is needed.
but.
Its something called being original, i guess if my max is rice. i should be shot. take a look at my sig.
thanks.
I looked at your sig and I'm curious what your mods are, i mean i'm not doubting you but for someone who has "too many to list" you sure do ask alot of simple questions it seems.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Way out West

fabrication is needed.
but.
thanks.
I like the yellow fogs, but I think the Japanese license plate is kind of ricey, unless you have the same one on the back of the car...and the car was in Japan when you took the picture.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Droppin logs

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin
I like the yellow fogs, but I think the Japanese license plate is kind of ricey, unless you have the same one on the back of the car...and the car was in Japan when you took the picture.
Classic...but yeah the yellow fogs are alright
Old 02-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Alex_V

you forgot the FWD half of the AWD and the rb25det/rb26dett conversion along with that

~Alex

Old 02-20-2006, 07:20 AM

those dont look like yellow fogs, they just look dim and burnt out....not at all jdm.

you sure have a bunch of questions....i bet if you searched you could find all your madd tyte jdm answ3rz
Old 02-20-2006, 10:39 AM
backNblackj30

they are yellow fogs btw, they need repainting IMO, i get complemented on them alot.

I dont want to make a ricer body kit for my car, i know there will be fitment issues with the r32 but that can be fixed. Im trying to make something clean and new for it.

I think and r32 front bumper fitted properly would look amazing, cutting, filling, and possible bending and molding might have to be used to fully tweak a perfect fit. But if you dont agree with my taste then you dont have to.
I dont agree with some of you guys taste, but I let it fly cus its your own thing, makes you uniqe and shows you have style of your own.

I am doing my research, thats why im posting, getting input seeing if anyone elese has done this or has advice tips or links.

if anyone wants my fogs ill trade them for some clear lenses.
you just pay shipping for yours, ill pay for mine.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

they are yellow fogs btw, they need repainting IMO, i get complemented on them alot.

I dont want to make a ricer body kit for my car, i know there will be fitment issues with the r32 but that can be fixed. Im trying to make something clean and new for it.

I think and r32 front bumper fitted properly would look amazing, cutting, filling, and possible bending and molding might have to be used to fully tweak a perfect fit. But if you dont agree with my taste then you dont have to.
I dont agree with some of you guys taste, but I let it fly cus its your own thing, makes you uniqe and shows you have style of your own.

I am doing my research, thats why im posting, getting input seeing if anyone elese has done this or has advice tips or links.

if anyone wants my fogs ill trade them for some clear lenses.
you just pay shipping for yours, ill pay for mine.
Well here is my advice to you. If you want to do it then do it. Don’t talk about it, don’t ask on this board about it...just do it.

I think that’s the main thing people are saying here. You just don’t understand how many people come on here and start out by asking all these questions that have been answered 1million times and then start saying they are going to do all this stuff. Then when told to search they say...I don’t have $20 to donate...well if you don’t have a measly $20 to donate then how can you afford to do all this other stuff.

I am not jumping you...just explaining some of the harshness you are getting. When you have been on here as long as some of these guys you will understand.

There are a lot of talkers but very little doers. And no most do not consider asking a question on a board as research.

You don’t have to defend your style either. If you like it go for it but expect some critics along the way...because everyone is not going to agree with you.

In closing...you say you don’t like the lips because so many people have them but how many do you see on the road in your area? Sure there are a handful on here that have a kit or just a lip but how many of them are in your area? I have only seen one other Stillen kit in the entire state of MS (granted its a small state but just using it as an example) and it was missing the front lip. I am sure there are others here that have the kit but I am just saying I have only seen ONE other one and I am on the road to cities all over MS every day.

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide to do but just remember that except for a few there are not that many that have attempted radical stuff and you your best bet is to blaze the way and do it yourself…be the first and then when others ask you can help them out.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

For some reason, in my 5 months being here I've never seen so much flaming and so much violence for a minute I thought I was at the Beretta forums where there's a flaming section.

As for advice, I prefer not to screw with those kinda things but if you dont like it just take it to one of those custom body places and have them make something for you, or you can draw/sketch how you want your car to look and try to make it to "Pimp my ride" and I'm not trying to flame on that, seriously they can probably do it free, It'll just take some time and patience.

Good luck with that
Old 02-20-2006, 01:59 PM
backNblackj30

Well. I normally go through with what i say I will do.
I suck a drawing, anyone good at photoshopping?
maybe photoshop that same skyline bumper on a max?

Old 02-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by Michael
Well here is my advice to you. If you want to do it then do it. Don’t talk about it, don’t ask on this board about it...just do it.

I think that’s the main thing people are saying here. You just don’t understand how many people come on here and start out by asking all these questions that have been answered 1million times and then start saying they are going to do all this stuff. Then when told to search they say...I don’t have $20 to donate...well if you don’t have a measly $20 to donate then how can you afford to do all this other stuff.

I am not jumping you...just explaining some of the harshness you are getting. When you have been on here as long as some of these guys you will understand.

There are a lot of talkers but very little doers. And no most do not consider asking a question on a board as research.

You don’t have to defend your style either. If you like it go for it but expect some critics along the way...because everyone is not going to agree with you.

In closing...you say you don’t like the lips because so many people have them but how many do you see on the road in your area? Sure there are a handful on here that have a kit or just a lip but how many of them are in your area? I have only seen one other Stillen kit in the entire state of MS (granted its a small state but just using it as an example) and it was missing the front lip. I am sure there are others here that have the kit but I am just saying I have only seen ONE other one and I am on the road to cities all over MS every day.

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide to do but just remember that except for a few there are not that many that have attempted radical stuff and you your best bet is to blaze the way and do it yourself…be the first and then when others ask you can help them out.

Great post Michael. We need to have something like this as a sticky. Kind of a "what to expect when you ask about expensive modifications, but won't spend $20 to enable the search feature."
Old 02-20-2006, 03:14 PM

Well. I normally go through with what i say I will do.
I suck a drawing, anyone good at photoshopping?
maybe photoshop that same skyline bumper on a max?
sadly you didnt read Michaels post and you dont understand....coming on here and asking questions is not research. and then you ask for a photoshop of what it would look like....come on dude.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:14 PM
backNblackj30

20$ is rediculous to donate just to enable a search feature.

Old 02-20-2006, 07:20 PM

well people have to pay for this site to keep it up and running.. they have to make money somehow.. and if you want to make your life easier, and make this mod easier... then DONATE!!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:35 PM

But it will save you over $20 in future screw ups.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:41 PM
I will eat your children

i was happy to donate for the search and other features. really makes the site alot better
Old 02-20-2006, 08:33 PM

Listen guy, if you think you are going to do a custom conversion and can't donate a 20 spot which will further your "research" then I'm not so sure you belong here. For all the info available, a $20 donation is the biggest bargain I've come across while owning my Maxima. I have also owned a fair number of cars and participated in pretty much any forum related to my vehicle at the time. And I am happy to say that this is the closest-knit group I have encountered. The truly active members of this forum are like brothers, or at least distant cousins! LOL
Old 02-20-2006, 10:25 PM

im not sure, but last time i checked, isn't our cars a maxima ?? or did i miss something when i was reading MAXIMA on my cars trunk....why make it something else?? if ya want it to look like a different car, or newer maxima.....just go buy one
Old 02-20-2006, 10:42 PM
backNblackj30

For one, thousands and thousands and thousands of millions of forums out there = free! a donation is a DONATION!
I dont know of any forums who hide the search feature and make you pay to search a forum, thats just stupid in my opinion.
Go to any good car forum. IT'S FREE
im not going to pay 20$ just for something I can do for free! THATS F_ING RETARDED! GOOGLE!
That is the one thing I think is obsurd, if your tired of all the newb questions and ******** comming and posting stupid thread, then make the search feature free like 99% of other forums do. Or lower the **** to 5$ or something. Im not spending 20$ to enable a stupid search feature! 20$ = gas in my car or food in my belly!
How i disburse my money makes no difference.

thank you.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:00 PM

Look man go out and try your bumpers out, which ever one you want to try out. When it does not work out do not complain about it. Also I have been on the org for 3 years now and most of the info I have gotten has been through surfing thru the pages and stickys. No I havent donated to the org, because I agree with you there are better was to spend 20 dollars, but dont complain about the price and what you do not get,if you DO NOT feel like paying for it.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Would your Japanese poser plate fit on a Skyline bumper?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:22 PM
living out of a maxima...

Would your Japanese poser plate fit on a Skyline bumper?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:23 PM
backNblackj30

poser plate, thats mother f-in funny. I went to tokyo with my uncle for 3 and a half weeks and brough back about 5 plates. Seriously. Think twice.
Fake ones have black lettering, and black borders, and sometimes english characters. That was an insult to me.
BTW. I have the r32 bumper and its probably something I am going to pass up. I have measured it, and tried to think of ways to do it, it CAN BE DONE, but I think its a bit to much work.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Mass_Media™

YoU GoTtA kEeP iT jDm RiGhT? Go WiTh SoMe SuPeR fAsT bLuE lIghTs I hEaR tHeY aDd LiKe 500 WhP y0!!!!

Old 02-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Mass_Media™

BTW. I have the r32 bumper and its probably something I am going to pass up. I have measured it, and tried to think of ways to do it, it CAN BE DONE, but I think its a bit to much work.
AKA it can't be done and you don't want to look like a jacka$s

Quick Reply: 95-99 maxima conversion or R32 front conversion. Anyone tried it?