3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

windshield washer fluid

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 07:44 AM
Steindawg

Hey guys I am not getting any action out of my windshield fluid dispensers. I can hear the motor working when i hit the lever so I am assuming some kind of blockage or the tube has just fallen off. I was just wondering if anyone had ever dealt with this before? Do I just remove that front right panel under the car to get a good look at it? Thanks, CS

Old 06-14-2001, 07:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Steindawg
Hey guys I am not getting any action out of my windshield fluid dispensers. I can hear the motor working when i hit the lever so I am assuming some kind of blockage or the tube has just fallen off. I was just wondering if anyone had ever dealt with this before? Do I just remove that front right panel under the car to get a good look at it? Thanks, CS
Soak the fluid dispensers in rubbing alcohol or CLR. (Calcium, Lime, Rust remover)It should loosen or dissolve any debris that may have clogged it. I would try this before taking anything apart. You might also want to pour some into the washer fluid resevoir. This might help break it apart from the inside. This is what I did for mine and it worked fine. From now on, you may also want to add a tad bit of rubbing alcohol to the resevoir every time that you refill it. It will prevent it from happening again.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:28 PM

Did you check the holes where they come out on the hood?
Stick a needle in to make sure there is no wax build up or crap in them.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:38 PM
Steindawg

Originally posted by C-Dawg

Soak the fluid dispensers in rubbing alcohol or CLR. (Calcium, Lime, Rust remover)It should loosen or dissolve any debris that may have clogged it. I would try this before taking anything apart. You might also want to pour some into the washer fluid resevoir. This might help break it apart from the inside. This is what I did for mine and it worked fine. From now on, you may also want to add a tad bit of rubbing alcohol to the resevoir every time that you refill it. It will prevent it from happening again.
Should I be able to get that at any automotive store? Checked at advance and they didn't have it. CS

Old 06-14-2001, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by Steindawg

Should I be able to get that at any automotive store? Checked at advance and they didn't have it. CS
You can get CLR from somewhere like WalMart or even in some grocery stores in the home cleaning products isle.
Old 06-14-2001, 08:25 PM
STFU n00b!

DO NOT USE CLR NEAR YOUR PAINT.

I think that speaks enough for itself. do it and you'll get ao re-wax the car... that's a best case scenario. worst case is you get to re-PAINT the car.
Old 06-15-2001, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by Matt93GXE
DO NOT USE CLR NEAR YOUR PAINT.

I think that speaks enough for itself. do it and you'll get ao re-wax the car... that's a best case scenario. worst case is you get to re-PAINT the car.
Make sure to use some masking tape around the sprayers. Then use q-tips to smear it on it. Matt is correct, you will f up your paint job is it gets on it. I fit hits the paint, WIPE IT OFF IMMEDIATELY. You may save your ***.