3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

question on nos

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 04:41 PM

hey ive read about nos, and heard about nos..but i have one important questrion...is it compatible with a 92 max se with the ve motor? if it is...then is it safe putting nos in a stock motor (except for a cai) and not having it blow? also how bad is it for the car? and how hard is installation? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 06-19-2001, 06:03 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Do a search, but......

just to give you some quick answers:
1. yes it works on all cars
2. yes it will be fine on your motor if installed correctly
3. yes in the long run most likely it will run your enigne into the ground(depending on use)
4. AND MOST IMPORTANT I wouldn't suggest YOU install it since you don't seem to be knowledgeable about it yet(not a flame, just the TRUTH! )
5. do more research, start here on Max.org soing a search, thats how most of us have become so knowledgeable about it

.....good luck

Originally posted by maximaracer28
hey ive read about nos, and heard about nos..but i have one important questrion...is it compatible with a 92 max se with the ve motor? if it is...then is it safe putting nos in a stock motor (except for a cai) and not having it blow? also how bad is it for the car? and how hard is installation? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 06-19-2001, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by maximaracer28
yes, it'll work on your motor

sure it's safe if your car if it's running right. If you plan on using a wet shot, make sure your fuel system is in good order (ie fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel dampener, fuel pressure regulator). Do a compression test before installing NOS and make sure your valves are fine, the pistons/rings are in good condition, and the head gasket is okay. It's pointless to do a NOS install if the engine isn't holding compression.

it's safe if it's installed correctly and used properly.

if you have to ask on how to install it, pay someone to do it
Old 06-19-2001, 07:26 PM

theres more than just installing it...u have to do other stuff to the engine as well so it will work correctly i.e. retarding the timing of the vehicle. search on the forum more its been talked about and there are good detailed answers
Old 06-19-2001, 08:33 PM

wat is an nos??
Old 06-21-2001, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by khrfadz
theres more than just installing it...u have to do other stuff to the engine as well so it will work correctly i.e. retarding the timing of the vehicle. search on the forum more its been talked about and there are good detailed answers
Retard the timing, install spark plugs one heat range cooler, etc etc.

If a person is installing NOS they better know this stuff before installing/using it.