3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

What do yall think........

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 09:08 PM

Ive got a '92 SE...charcol grey.......im gettin white ground effects, and white rims....and im thinkin that when i get a wing painting it white also.....everyone just give me your likes and dislikes!!

Jeff
dmx069@hotmail.com
Old 06-21-2001, 09:14 PM

the spoiler for me would be to much, i would just stick to the other stuff. Thats just me though..
Old 06-21-2001, 09:14 PM

OK, my dislikes:
charcol grey.......im gettin white ground effects, and white rims....and im thinkin that when i get a wing painting it white also
Old 06-21-2001, 09:38 PM

so u think white grfx and rims will look good??
Old 06-21-2001, 09:45 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

IMO......

white GFX and wheels on a gray car will look horrible and way too tacky....IMO stay with body color!

Originally posted by JRicker24
so u think white grfx and rims will look good??
Old 06-22-2001, 12:40 AM

I dislikes... I think on a charcoal car you should paint the wing & the kit body color and get silver wheels with a polished lip. Just like Bucktown's max. His looks great without a kit!
Old 06-22-2001, 12:57 AM

Silver rims
Grey kit
Grey wing (or keep the stock one)

And please, no white GFX. TIA

Old 06-22-2001, 01:02 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Here some pics of my charcol Max....

aka the "Grey Ghost" with Stillen front lip! IMO white just won't look good!

http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...1/07df0680.jpg
http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...1/054ab2b0.jpg

and a more recent one(notice the bumper, I'm so fast I chip the paint!!!!) --->
Old 06-22-2001, 01:10 AM
Mr Super Baller

On a charcoal grey Max I think black GFX would look cool, but I would keep the wing body color.

Old 06-22-2001, 05:30 AM

Leave it alone n it'll look like this..
Old 06-22-2001, 07:01 AM

Personally the wing wouldn't be for me, but if you must get one paint it to match your car.....same with the ground effects, and then either get chrome or silver wheels.....not white......
Old 06-22-2001, 08:20 AM

Just leave it alone. Or if ur gunna put anykind of body kit on it stick with the same color.
Old 06-22-2001, 09:24 AM

paint it all body color. white wheels look very cheesy to me. get some silver. as for the graphics, the white is too drastic of color difference. black would look better or some other color that isnt so drastic.
DA-MAX you need a paint job badly!
Old 06-22-2001, 09:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ive got a '92 SE...charcol grey.......im gettin white ground effects, and white rims....and im thinkin that when i get a wing painting it white also.....everyone just give me your likes and dislikes!!

Jeff
dmx069@hotmail.com
What is with this 2-tone **** anyway? Why can't people make their cars look respectable and not ricey?
Old 06-22-2001, 11:36 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Now you see......

why its never in my sig! but give me some time, I'll get around to it...along with the rims, tires and all the other things! Damn car is too expensive!

Originally posted by thebull
DA-MAX you need a paint job badly!
Old 06-22-2001, 11:47 AM

Who are you customizing this car for? other people, or yourself? if you think it'll look good with white gfx and a stock body color...then by all means DO IT. Don't worry about what other people say..."ricey" or not. If you like your car, that's all that matters.

Altezzas look good on certain cars, they're "ricey", they look like crap on others, but if their drivers like em, good for them. It's not like you drive theri car. My muffler is loud, it's probably ricey. I like it, I'm the one who lives with it
Old 06-22-2001, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by ngthing
Who are you customizing this car for? other people, or yourself? if you think it'll look good with white gfx and a stock body color...then by all means DO IT. Don't worry about what other people say..."ricey" or not. If you like your car, that's all that matters.

Altezzas look good on certain cars, they're "ricey", they look like crap on others, but if their drivers like em, good for them. It's not like you drive theri car. My muffler is loud, it's probably ricey. I like it, I'm the one who lives with it
There ya go! It's YOUR car. Opinions are fine, but take them for what they are. Do you really care what other people think? What do you like? I wouldn't want white wheels, but I do like the old classic gold spokes. But then again, I have a big wing and a few decals. So go figure! I don't care about other people's comments on what they think qualifies as "rice." Do what YOU want to do.
Old 06-22-2001, 02:06 PM

Re: Now you see......

Originally posted by DA-MAX
why its never in my sig! but give me some time, I'll get around to it...along with the rims, tires and all the other things! Damn car is too expensive!

yeah i know what you mean. mine drained me this summer completly. i had to get another job to pay for it. if it is just certain spots that the paint is comming off, you may be able to fix it a little yourself. parts of my car like the side moldings and the side mirrors were beginning to look bad(paint was like flaking off). also a rust spot on the rear door jam . anyways, i bought some primer, cans of the matching Dupli-color paint, and clear coat. i sanded everything down i wanted to re-paint, then primer and wet sand then paint and clear coat. i was pretty surprized at how well it turned out. the moldings look great. the part on the door jam, where i had to blend with the old paint isnt perfect, but its not bad either. it looks just as good as the body shop did when i had to have my hood repainted. the color is just slightly off, not noticable at a glance. i think if i buff it out some it ill match up a little better. this keeps the car looking pretty good until i can get a complete new paint job.
Old 06-22-2001, 03:49 PM

LOL.......

HAHAHA, Thanks for totally bashing my idea....But i dont think im gonna change my mind @ least til i get them on the car, i know for sure im gonna get white rims(which i dont really see why yall think those r so bad, does no1 want to be unique) and paint doesnt cost all that much, but thanks for ur opinions, and if any1 else has anything to say about it, fell free!!

Jeff
dmx069@hotmail.com
Old 06-22-2001, 03:55 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Thats the way to go.....

as long as you're happy its all good! good luck getting everything done, lets see some pics when you're all finished!

HAHAHA, Thanks for totally bashing my idea....But i dont think im gonna change my mind @ least til i get them on the car
Old 06-22-2001, 04:05 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well you want my honest opinion? To me, it will look terrible. You don't drive a civic, you drive a maxima. For which back in the day, was a fairly expensive sedan. Now I have seen nice electric blue si's w/ white rims. Looks good. But then again, a blue Mercedes w/ white rims would look quite ridiculas right? You car is somewhere inbetween of course but more towards the Mercedes.

Now for the white grafix, wing and kit, forget it. To you, it might look good, but do you want to look like all the other kiddies that do this crap to their car? Or do you want to look like a kid that's more classy about his mods?

For the white rims, well it might not look too bad. It might actually look nice. But make sure you are lowered and the rims are at least 17's riding on 235-45-17s. Nothing looks worse than someone "trying" to pass the white-rim look but can't step up to at least 17s. The reason the si's look good w/ white rims, is because they are rolling on big rims and low-pro tires. If they were rolling 14's or something, it would look fake.

Now I run 17x8 Mustang GT rims, so I'm not saying this is the **** either. But it's good for me. But this is my opinion. Don't take it personal or anything.
Old 06-22-2001, 04:41 PM

Guys, i dont take any of this personal, I want ppl around the U.States opinion or i wouldnt even put up a post...i appreciate everything ppl tell me...good or bad!!
And about the guy that ask me if i really wanted to look ricey or classy, i dont really think it would matter, i mean i am only 16, and i think that looks pretty good...plus no1 around here has that done, and only like 2 other ppl have 3rd gen maximas.....anyhow, i was thinkin of either going w/ 17 or 18s...i cant really decide, but thatll be in the future!! Anyhow, i apprecate all of the posts!!

Jeff
dmx069@hotmail.com
Old 06-22-2001, 06:03 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Jeff, the only way to get your car to look nice...

...is to drive it into your pool and drown it like you did to poor little Peter Cotton Tail!lol BTW, I'll have the price for your white rims Monday. Check your mail.
Old 06-22-2001, 09:21 PM

I have to agree

Do what makes you happy. Btw I say A charcoal grey Max here in Miami and it looked pretty ugly. The side moldings were white it had a white body kit and the spoiler was white, dropped on the stock 15" rims.